Dengeki Nintendo (21st, May) scans

Cysx

Do we even know if you can start straight into a route like that? (by this I mean skipping the first 6 chapters....)

Pretty sure the developers stated you could in an interview. Something along the lines of starting at chapter 6 (skipping the first 5 chapters, because 6 is where the choice is made). I think it it was in the last Famitsu coverage?

EDIT - It was the 4gamer interview actually. http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-if/4gamer-interview/

Furthermore, if you buy both campaigns and want to jump from one campaign to another, you don’t necessarily need to start from the beginning. If the game detects a completed Chapter 5 save on your 3DS, you will be given the option to start either campaign from that point instead.

Edited by mimgrim

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we can start beyond chapter 5 at some point, hmm? I feel like I'd be cheating if I did that to be honest. Weird, I know.

It would be roughly equivalent to skipping Lyn mode in FE7.

Edited by Philranger

I can't say I like Marx's design as much now that I've seen all of it. Those boots wtf. And the cloth part of it looks really strange. I like Leon's better now, it didn't look so good in the cutscene but it's nice in the art.

Thanks for the scans!

*crosses fingers that this is the day the website finally updates*

Since Kamui has the Night God Sword, what if that special Lance Aqua wield's is the Sun God's Lance?

You know, that plus the whole 2 games thing reminds me of something funny.

It was something I read before Awakening was announced. It said that the Fire Emblem game on the 3DS would come in two versions, one being called "Blue Holy Sword" and the other "Red Demon Lance." Course, the article also said it would be in Elibe so that was totally bunk.

By the way, is it just me or does Marx's sword look different in the official art compared to the in-game shots?

...hm.

It looks like it might be in a weird sheath? It's one solid color and doesn't seem to have a blade on it in the art.

EDIT: actually, it might transform when in use? It looks like the trim at the start of the handle is pulled back here: http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/january-2015-nintendo-direct/Jan_020b.jpg

Edited by L95

...hm.

It looks like it might be in a weird sheath? It's one solid color and doesn't seem to have a blade on it in the art.

EDIT: actually, it might transform when in use? It looks like the trim at the start of the handle is pulled back here: http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/january-2015-nintendo-direct/Jan_020b.jpg

Maybe that's the case. I remembered that look from the first trailer so it was odd to me how drastically different it looked.

So whichever side you join, the king of Nohr is your target. You either join Hoshido and resist against said king, or stay in Nohr and change the situation from within.

Apparently, you have to pay gold for skirmishes in the Hoshido shide. Now I wonder if Mug will be back, or if you have to make a choice between buying weapons or experience.

​

Hmm, well, my Japanese is fairly limited, but some of the newer (kinda? not really?) things I gleaned from some of the character profiles:

- Leon and Takumi are younger than Kamui (already mentioned in a previous post)

- Takumi doesn't seem to be particularly fond of or attached to Kamui since s/he's lived away from Hoshido for so long

- they mention the DK class from Awakening in Leon's profile; they could use swords in addition to tomes in Awakening -- is the same true for Leon as well?

I would assume Kamui is closest in age to Leon and Takumi. Thought they would be older, but in retrospect, it's somewhat fitting that Kamui is the middle child. Also, just referencing old information, but since Leon is adept at magic "unlike his brother", that seems like it could imply he doesn't use swords (in addition to Marx being suck at magic lol)... But who knows. Though with the new weapon triangle, magic is grouped with swords so it wouldn't be surprising if Leon/DKs can use both.

Edited by Sardonic

It would be roughly equivalent to skipping Lyn mode in FE7.

There are people who actually skip Lyn mode?

Hurrah for scans! I shall add Erufi's eyes to my chart, because I'm obsessive like that.

Hmm, well, my Japanese is fairly limited, but some of the newer (kinda? not really?) things I gleaned from some of the character profiles:

- Leon and Takumi are younger than Kamui (already mentioned in a previous post)

- Takumi doesn't seem to be particularly fond of or attached to Kamui since s/he's lived away from Hoshido for so long

- they mention the DK class from Awakening in Leon's profile; they could use swords in addition to tomes in Awakening -- is the same true for Leon as well?

I would assume Kamui is closest in age to Leon and Takumi. Thought they would be older, but in retrospect, it's somewhat fitting that Kamui is the middle child. Also, just referencing old information, but since Leon is adept at magic "unlike his brother", that seems like it could imply he doesn't use swords (in addition to Marx being suck at magic lol)... But who knows. Though with the new weapon triangle, magic is grouped with swords so it wouldn't be surprising if Leon/DKs can use both.

Ooh, so they are younger than Kamui? Damn, I wanted them to be older, but oh well.

Also, do you know what Leon's quote is saying? I think I read something about "O/Nii-san and the rest" at the end of his quote but that's all I can get. Does his profile say anything new aside from specifying that he's younger than Kamui?

Sakura: "The citizens of this kingdom are all good people."

Hinoka: "Even if the situation is unfavourable, as Hoshido's princess, I'll show you how I can fight until the bitter end."

Takumi: "I'm arrogant...? That's because I don't trust either of the two of you."

Ryouma: "As your brother, I'm proud of you all. As long as you're here, nothing can scare me."

Camilla: "It's alright. As for everyone who dared to bother you, I'll kill them all."

Marx: "Your power shouldn't be used as something like this. Stand, gripping your sword, as a soldier of Nohr."

Leon: "Honestly... Your swordsmanship doesn't determine the entirety of your strength, brothers."

Elise: "I'll do my best with you, too. If I do, surely father will forgive us."

EDIT: Forgot Aqua. Whoops.

Aqua: "I am Aqua. I'm Nohr Kingdom's princess... or was, rather."

Edited by sforzur

Hinoka: "Even if the situation is unfavourable, as Hoshido's princess, I'll show you how I can fight until the bitter end."

Takumi: "I'm arrogant...? That's because I don't trust either of the two of you."

Ryouma: "As your brother, I'm proud of you all. As long as you're here, nothing can scare me."

Camilla: "It's alright. As for everyone who dared to bother you, I'll kill them all."

Marx: "Your power shouldn't be used as something like this. Stand, gripping your sword, as a soldier of Nohr."

Leon: "Honestly... Your swordsmanship doesn't determine the entirety of your strength, brothers."

Thank you so much! I'm wonder who Takumi means when he says "the two of you", maybe Aqua? But wasn't she raised in Hoshido though?

But Leon's quote seems nicer than expected, I'm actually kind of happy. And Elise's leaves me wondering with her "forgive us" part.

Edited by Swirl-Theory

Is he really saying "your" there? The impression I got was more "Honestly brothers, strength is more than just swordsmanship." As in he may be more praising himself than them. But I am pretty rusty, so please correct me if I'm missing something.

Definitely curious about who Takumi is referring to, specifically if it's Aqua.

Is he really saying "your" there? The impression I got was more "Honestly brothers, strength is more than just swordsmanship." As in he may be more praising himself than them. But I am pretty rusty, so please correct me if I'm missing something.

Definitely curious about who Takumi is referring to, specifically if it's Aqua.

EDIT: Forgot Aqua. Whoops.

Aqua: "I am Aqua. I'm Nohr Kingdom's princess... or was, rather."

Wait, I also noticed something. Who is he referring to when Leon says "brothers"? Isn't Marx his only brother if you choose to pick the girl? I hope they're not implying the male is canon...

Wait, I also noticed something. Who is he referring to when Leon says "brothers"? Isn't Marx his only brother if you choose to pick the girl? I hope they're not implying the male is canon...

Well, he's literally saying "group which contains my elder brother" because that's how Japanese does things. So long as Marx is present Kamui's gender is irrelevant.

It's odd, compared to each sibling, in Hoshido, Ryoma's quote is the only one that is quite personal to his siblings and Kamui. I thought that he was going to be really strict and serious, but he seems very sincere. Sakura's quote is about peace again, Hinoka is rallying trust and support, and Takumi is just being a d*ck.

Hovever, in Nohr, the quotes are less personal apart from Camilla's, which shows love for her brother (if not in a dark, Tharja kind of way), Marx is concerned about you and Leon's quote is more like a dig at his brothers. Elise's quote is the most interesting though, as it might refer to how in the Nohr path you have to revolutionise the entire Nohr kingdom from the inside due to troubles (which I presume is caused by Garon, the father Elise might be referring to).