Will there be a "cordelia" in this game too?

Someone who has feelings for the Avatar but can NEVER romance/marriage support? Awakening was my first game and I learnt that previous games also has this "feature" - its like some kind of tradition.

An off topic question (serious question): if Avatar marries cordelia in awakening, does she still love chrom? i did this on my male avatar playthrough and the event tiles thing seem to suggest cordelia still loves chrom even though she is married… :I

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine the event tiles for Cordelia (and other supports where she mentions or alludes to Chrom) were just a case of lazy developing and not a canon indication that Cordelia doesn't really love her husband. I mean, there were also incest pairings available so I believe the romance mechanics were a little half-baked. If S supports and romance return for FE14, I don't anyone with feelings for Kamui will be off limits. I will laugh if Kamui gets NTR'ed by Marx or Ryoma though.

if Avatar marries cordelia in awakening, does she still love chrom? i did this on my male avatar playthrough and the event tiles thing seem to suggest cordelia still loves chrom even though she is married… :I

When she's married, I like to think she's referring to her husband when she says that line.

Oh I certainly hope not. It was a very bad idea to make her character about loving someone she can't support in a game where pairings are pretty central to the plot. I mean, unreciprocated love is always an interesting theme provided it's handled well, but it really wasn't in Cordelia's case.

I'm more worried if there will be a Mathew and Leila. I mean sure, he did have a romance ending you could give him that would make it slightly less sad but it was still very sad.

Plus if you're trying to get the whole support log you can only pair him with Serra once.

Oh I certainly hope not. It was a very bad idea to make her character about loving someone she can't support in a game where pairings are pretty central to the plot. I mean, unreciprocated love is always an interesting theme provided it's handled well, but it really wasn't in Cordelia's case.

This.

I would like to see a Catria / Cordelia that can actually support the guy she's in love with!

There is her name is Tharja

I would like to see a Catria / Cordelia that can actually support the guy she's in love with!

Same here. Although I wouldn't have paired Cordelia with Chrom because I think she deserves way better than that oblivious bland prince. :P

Not really a tradition. It's only really Catria and Cordelia pretty much.

Aimee too, though she was never playable. But she still had unrequited feelings for a certain blue-haired mercenary commander...lol

Someone who has feelings for the Avatar but can NEVER romance/marriage support? Awakening was my first game and I learnt that previous games also has this "feature" - its like some kind of tradition.

An off topic question (serious question): if Avatar marries cordelia in awakening, does she still love chrom? i did this on my male avatar playthrough and the event tiles thing seem to suggest cordelia still loves chrom even though she is married… :I

nope she's referring to you and if you have the DLC it's set in stone and it's better.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT make this a recurring archetype. Cordelia's character basically being a perfectionist rehash of Catria aggravated me to no end. Her design feeling uninspired to me didn't help (she's pretty much Tsubaki from BlazBlue without the hat and longer hair).

That being said, I can sadly see IS doing this considering how many people did like Cordelia.

That being said, I can sadly see IS doing this considering how many people did like Cordelia.

People did like Cordelia but not for the reason that she has unrequited feelings for someone besides her husband.

If there is I wont so much as look at them in my playthroughs.

Oh God, what if it's Kagerou? I mean, she's already part of a character trio.

People did like Cordelia but not for the reason that she has unrequited feelings for someone besides her husband.

I'm aware, but there is always that chance. After all, we have at least one fanservice-y character that cares a lot about the Avatar, much like Tharja (though, thankfully, not in the yandere way).

IS likes using archetypes again. Aqua's just Ninian without dragon powers (... as far as we know), for example. It isn't too big of a stretch to think that they'd go back to the well if it's a liked character.

Considering that Kamui is more or less supposed to be you, it would be pretty stupid to put a Cornelia somewhere.

Edited by B.Leu

Considering that Kamui is more or less supposed to be you, it would be pretty stupid to put a Cornelia somewhere.

Actually, since a lot of people feel empowered by constantly being in the center of attention - everyone experiences wish fulfillment through something - it would make perfect sense. The problem is when it becomes too much.

I keep bringing this up, but only because it works somewhat as a parallel: the Persona series takes wish fulfillment and just runs with it. You're a very attractive, socially active, world-saving teenager with secret powers who everyone wants to bang - fortunately for you, you can have all the attractive girls in the game as your girlfriend at the same time. Convenient, huh? The thing is, a lot of people love that sort of thing, hell I'd even go as far as to say that's part of the reason why the Persona series has been doing so well these last few years. You wouldn't believe the shipping wars or the incredibly heated discussion over who the best waifu is. It's Aigis.

Having someone attractive pining for you is what a lot of people want, be it in games or even in *gasp* real life. Which is probably why Tharja is so incredibly popular in that creepy way.

Unless of course you mean that it's stupid for a Cordelia to exist if she's in love with someone who's NOT Kamui, in which case everything I've written is pointless.

Edited by Thane

I thought that it was rather stupid how Cordelia couldn`t marry Chrom, but Sumia could. I don`t think there will be a character like her in If, but there could be for all we know. As long as it is done right, I wouldn`t mind if they did add a character like her.