What you want to see this week

Sentinel07

The survival maps were cool even though I really don't like them because it felt so satisfying when your tactics allowed you to kill a leader you weren't supposed to and get a nice bonus. I also liked the escape maps from Tellius and I'd like a more fleshed out Valni (feature and storywise so I don't feel like I'm slogging through monsters for exp and I'm out hunting something rare and powerful.

As a side note, I kinda guessed Hoshido would be an easier route even before we got information beyond the trailer due to the tech so I wanted to go for Nohr since it seemed like they would get obliterated. Didn't see Phoenix mode coming at all though. Kinda disgusts me, and my first Fire Emblem was Sacred Stones when I was around 7.

Edited by Only MU V2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... yeah, it was. Whoops! :sweatdrop:

For Nohr. Good thing I'm playing Nohr. Now seize for Hoshido?

The objectives are more "Simple" for that side, likely meaning the variations of Clear boss, Rout and Seize which is basically a variation of kill boss. All of the objectives can be seen as simple and generally more lenient on the player to act. It wouldn't surprise me if all the missions in Hoshido were these but with better map design than Awakening.

Also, yes they are available, and it hasn't stopped me from playing those ways before, but we have seen said modes implemented in other games before so it would be rather nice to see all maps with the added objective of a certain # of turns or a certain way to work with permadeath so it stays permanent. Again, if Phoenix is an option, and it seems these modes can be added in to appeal to a certain demo, I think a game imposed challenge mode would be nice; Then again, I may be too optimistic.

The difference between Phoenix mode (still don't like it) and a theoretical Ironman mode is you can choose to save over after losing characters but you can't choose to have auto-revive unless you play a special mode. If there were rewards from playing Ironman style, I would vouch for it, but as it stands IS doesn't want to give anything special to veteran players.

I guess a LTC mode could be interesting to some players, but in my opinion, slapping time limits to everything would not enhance the experience.

Sigh, map objectives, while i personally do like map objectives, most map objectives by themselves are just extra win/lose conditions, seize is just defeat boss, but your lord has to get to the boss location, (and with FEif's avatar/lord combo,and the power of newer lords in general that is pretty pointless anyway) turn limits are just that turn limits, and they are something that only really affects newer and dare i say maybe some average players. Survive for Xturns is just an extra win condition. Guarding/protecting a character is just survive with a character you can't let die, (Which awakening had anyway in a couple of chapters but without the extra win condition of survive). Hold the line was in one chapter in one game and it also was just another lose condition. Thracia escape chapters not (radiant dawn)at least had you have to get all your guys to the end (or they would be captured, unlike oh no i lost Some Bxp) so that one kinda has a point but we haven't had that one since the 5th game. Are there any i am forgetting. Anyway the problem with the maps from awakening was they kept the chapters with extra stuff to the paralouges (and some xenolouges) which for most of them you would be overlevled for.

Edited by goodperson707

Sigh, map objectives, while i personally do like map objectives, most map objectives by themselves are just extra win/lose conditions, seize is just defeat boss, but your lord has to get to the boss location, (and with FEif's avatar/lord combo,and the power of newer lords in general that is pretty pointless anyway) turn limits are just that turn limits, and they are something that only really affects newer and dare i say maybe some average players. Survive for Xturns is just an extra win condition. Guarding/protecting a character is just survive with a character you can't let die, (Which awakening had anyway in a couple of chapters but without the extra win condition of survive). Hold the line was in one chapter in one game and it also was just another lose condition. Thracia escape chapters not (radiant dawn)at least had you have to get all your guys to the end (or they would be captured, unlike oh no i lost Some Bxp) so that one kinda has a point but we haven't had that one since the 5th game. Are there any i am forgetting. Anyway the problem with the maps from awakening was they kept the chapters with extra stuff to the paralouges (and some xenolouges) which for most of them you would be overlevled for.

Exactly my feeling on these so-called "map objective".

i'd like some info on the skill system. i personally would like a tellius styled skill system where skill are linked to characters not classes

amiibo information cause all we know is it uses amiibo in some way

3rd route cause it sounds really intresting seriously think of what the route could actually mean

This is fun

I want to see

-details on skills, because I'm almost certain at this point the system has been changed from Awakening

-blurb about how supports will work and I'm hoping it'll state S ranks are returning but aren't exclusively for marriage partners

-how promotions work (branched or not, and is there reclass?)

-a couple more bios and portraits/art (Oboro pls)

3/4 of those is realistic for next week I think

Right on the money :D I'm guessing support info won't be coming for a few weeks actually.

Hoping for support and any potential romance stuff next week in addition to new character details, because the "can I waifu ___" topics are going to keep popping up like wildfire until it's known

Who am I kidding, they are going to regardless

I really would like some official website updates though :<

For next week my hopes/predictions are:

-arenas!

-world map revealed and short info about the other countries

-info about Tsubaki and Kazahana, and more cool Nohr characters please Hoshido has all the best ones

-a few returning and new map objectives detailed