Sibling Fates

Mr. Myrmidon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised how many people want many of the siblings to die. I still think it's likely you'll have the option of killing a few but that you'll get a special ending (possibly even the true ending) for somehow not letting any of your siblings die.

I could also see some of the siblings, especially the Hoshido ones being killed by the opposite family (i.e. Takumi or Leon shooting down Camilla or Hinoka respectively while they are by Kamui).

I don't see the point of having the option to spare them. It would ruin the whole point of you having to choose a side.

I mean maybe if you had to torture them or something, but still, if it had no gameplay effects, I can't get behind it

Betraying one country you have deep ties to and possibly conquering it and removing the reigning royal family who embraced you with open arms is pointless?

Also not sure why you want torture except if maybe you're a sadist? Torturing them for no reason is just evil. Torture is generally only used to extract information or punish people, and since (as far as we know) the war is Garon's idea, torturing anyone besides him would just be sadistic and unnecessary. here's no info to extract (for Kamui) from the Hoshido siblings. And there's nothing to punish them for since they're just being loyal to their country.

Plus, these are Kamui's beloved siblings, he's not going to just torture them or sit them and let someone else torture them.

Surprised how many people want many of the siblings to die. I still think it's likely you'll have the option of killing a few but that you'll get a special ending (possibly even the true ending) for somehow not letting any of your siblings die.

I could also see some of the siblings, especially the Hoshido ones being killed by the opposite family (i.e. Takumi or Leon shooting down Camilla or Hinoka respectively while they are by Kamui).

Betraying one country you have deep ties to and possibly conquering it and removing the reigning royal family who embraced you with open arms is pointless?

Also not sure why you want torture except if maybe you're a sadist? Torturing them for no reason is just evil. Torture is generally only used to extract information or punish people, and since (as far as we know) the war is Garon's idea, torturing anyone besides him would just be sadistic and unnecessary. here's no info to extract (for Kamui) from the Hoshido siblings. And there's nothing to punish them for since they're just being loyal to their country.

Plus, these are Kamui's beloved siblings, he's not going to just torture them or sit them and let someone else torture them.

It's pointless in that A) The whole marketing angle of this is that your choosing between your two sets of siblings from two different countries that are at war with each other and dealing with the consequences of that decision, and B) Sparing them is pointless in of itself since they're going to hate you and your other siblings anyways, especially since you will eventually TAKE OVER THEIR COUNTRY AND IMPOSE YOUR REIGN ON THEIR CITIZENS. If you even let them outside of whatever jail they would inevitably be put in they'd run off and get all rebellious and shit. It's literally an inevitability.

Also, wow, way to throw out names there buddy. The torture thing was an off-handed remark because I couldn't think of anything else at the time. Regardless, there is no reason you should be able to spare your other siblings and be bros4lyfe. Disregarding the objections from the other set of siblings who your not murdering horribly, as I mentioned before, if they were let outside of whatever prison they would be put in, all the citizens from their country would look up to them and beg on their knees for rebellion and in that situation which you would choose: The asshole who took over your country and killed your soldiers/friends or your citizens who look up to you and revere you?

It's pointless in that A) The whole marketing angle of this is that your choosing between your two sets of siblings from two different countries that are at war with each other and dealing with the consequences of that decision, and B) Sparing them is pointless in of itself since they're going to hate you and your other siblings anyways, especially since you will eventually TAKE OVER THEIR COUNTRY AND IMPOSE YOUR REIGN ON THEIR CITIZENS. If you even let them outside of whatever jail they would inevitably be put in they'd run off and get all rebellious and shit. It's literally an inevitability.

Also, wow, way to throw out names there buddy. The torture thing was an off-handed remark because I couldn't think of anything else at the time. Regardless, there is no reason you should be able to spare your other siblings and be bros4lyfe. Disregarding the objections from the other set of siblings who your not murdering horribly, as I mentioned before, if they were let outside of whatever prison they would be put in, all the citizens from their country would look up to them and beg on their knees for rebellion and in that situation which you would choose: The asshole who took over your country and killed your soldiers/friends or your citizens who look up to you and revere you?

You can't see why Kamui (or the player) would have reservations about murdering their own family? Winning a war against the enemy nation doesn't mean you're going to go on to be a ruthless dictator afterwards. Hoshido likely won't take over Nohr in their route and Nohr is going to be focused on internal reform, with Garon implied to be an antagonist for BOTH routes.

No one is suggesting you should be able to be "bros4lyfe" with the family you betrayed but it's hardly inevitable that another war will break out unless you kill every last member of your family. Give peace a chance.

You can't see why Kamui (or the player) would have reservations about murdering their own family? Winning a war against the enemy nation doesn't mean you're going to go on to be a ruthless dictator afterwards. Hoshido likely won't take over Nohr in their route and Nohr is going to be focused on internal reform, with Garon implied to be an antagonist for BOTH routes.

No one is suggesting you should be able to be "bros4lyfe" with the family you betrayed but it's hardly inevitable that another war will break out unless you kill every last member of your family. Give peace a chance.

Bold 2: Never implied that they were going to be a "ruthless dictator", just saying that if Hoshido or Nohr we're to put a mock ruler into place said ruler would most likely impose laws or guidelines that go against the beliefs of either country.

That's the only 2 points I feel like responding to at this moment in time

Edited by Soapbar

Hoshido likely won't take over Nohr in their route

Based on? It would be ridiculous to defeat Nohr in a war and not oversee it afterwards. Look up what happened to Germany after WW2 (had to send reparations, was split apart).

Edited by Mayus

I feel like killing Sakura / Elise seems a bit cruel. I mean sure, killing any of them seems cruel, because they're family well, kidnapped family, but you get the point.

But with the two young ones, I agree with some others in this thread, they look to be the least willing to fight. Plus, isn't "women and children first" (in the case of Frie Emblem, saving lives) still a thing today?

I hope we get an option to spare all of them though. Despite me not liking the older four siblings, I still don't want to kill them. Maybe Hinoka, but I'll wait and see. I have nothing against Hinoka, I just feel the want to kill her. And maybe Ryouma and Marx.

Edited by Carter

Bold 2: Never implied that they were going to be a "ruthless dictator", just saying that if Hoshido or Nohr we're to put a mock ruler into place said ruler would most likely impose laws or guidelines that go against the beliefs of either country.

I could see Garon conquering Hoshido and installing a puppet regime (if not outright moving there because Nohr sounds like a shitty place to live) but Kamui isn't Garon and his campaign is about internal reform, not a land grab.

Based on? It would be ridiculous to defeat Nohr in a war and not oversee it afterwards. Look up what happened to Germany after WW2 (had to send reparations, was split apart).

Based on most FE games. Most games end with the protagonist going back to his homeland to rebuild with no mention of the fate of the enemy nation, other than hope the previous rulers' successors are more decent people. Radiant Dawn is the only game that comes to mind where a defeated enemy country was occupied after the war and even then, it wasn't done by the protagonist's country, it was the already imperialistic ally of theirs.

Edited by NekoKnight

I think Kamui should have issues with killing his siblings, but ultimately follows through with it. Lets be real here, fratricide has been a part of the franchise since FE1, so we're not exactly treading new ground. In addition I believe that FEif should portray the tragedy of war, and not pretend that it is all smiles and rainbows.

Marth's games end with him ruling most of the continent (including multiple enemy kingdoms). Alm and Celica rule Valm. The Judgral games end with either the empire and Thracia ruled by the surviving rebels or Seliph ruling most of the continent. Bern's government was dismantled by Etruia. Ephraim oversees Grado after the earthquake happens.

Again, based on? The closest one is what happened to Bern. And for that case, Guinevere always survives and she joined Roy's army VERY early in the war.

Edited by Mayus

I think Kamui should have issues with killing his siblings, but ultimately follows through with it. Lets be real here, fratricide has been a part of the franchise since FE1, so we're not exactly treading new ground. In addition I believe that FEif should portray the tragedy of war, and not pretend that it is all smiles and rainbows.

iirc, all instances of fratricide were against siblings who sided with the bad guys, right?

Marth's games end with him ruling most of the continent (multiple enemy kingdom). Alm and Celica rule Valm. The Judgral games end with either the empire and Thracia split among the rebels or Seliph ruling most of the continent. Bern's government was dismantled by Etruia. Ephraim oversees Grado after the Earthquake happens.

Again, based on?

The comment you originally replied to was my reply to Soapbar about needing to kill off all of your siblings after the war. He insisted that sparing them would "inevitably lead to another war" which simply isn't true. The leaders of the victorious nations in other games are virtuous and no further conflicts are implied to arise on account of their leadership. There is a difference between supervising a conquered nation and suppressing it, as Soapbar implied.

iirc, all instances of fratricide were against siblings who sided with the bad guys, right?

The comment you originally replied to was my reply to Soapbar about needing to kill off all of your siblings after the war. He insisted that sparing them would "inevitably lead to another war" which simply isn't true. The leaders of the victorious nations in other games are virtuous and no further conflicts are implied to arise on account of their leadership. There is a difference between supervising a conquered nation and suppressing it, as Soapbar implied.

Not bad guys, but the enemy yes. Which would be no different in Nohr vs Hoshido.

You said it's likely that Hoshido won't take over Nohr. And I assure you, ruling a nation and "supervising" it aren't different in practice.

Not bad guys, but the enemy yes. Which would be no different in Nohr vs Hoshido.

My memory is foggy, which siblings are impossible to avoid killing that were not sided with the bad guys?

You said it's likely that Hoshido won't take over Nohr.

As I said, the point of that comment was to suggest Hoshido won't conquer Nohr in the same way Nohr would conquer Hoshido. Nohr will definitely bring ruin to Hoshido (with Garon in charge) if they win but Hoshido (if they are truly a peace loving nation) will not leave Nohr in a state that warrants a second conflict. In other words, if you aren't a dick to the defeated nation, they won't have a reason to fight you again and you don't need to kill your siblings.

As I said, the point of that comment was to suggest Hoshido won't conquer Nohr in the same way Nohr would conquer Hoshido. Nohr will definitely bring ruin to Hoshido (with Garon in charge) if they win but Hoshido (if they are truly a peace loving nation) will not leave Nohr in a state that warrants a second conflict. In other words, if you aren't a dick to the defeated nation, they won't have a reason to fight you again and you don't need to kill your siblings.

I feel like that's how its going to end up being anyway. Also, I luv dat sig <3

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

That's interesting. I wonder how Marx/Ryouma would behave if recruited by the opposite side.

I'm in the minority I assume in not wanting to absolutely kill any of the main story characters.

I just hope if you can recruit your siblings from the opposite side, they can support with your chosen sides siblings. (I don't necessarily mean marry, but I would love to see the conversations they would have. Marriage would be ok too but after deep conversations about sharing a sibling and their countries and their histories and I would love to see "everything is easy for me" leon talk to "spend all my time working to get out of a shadow" takumi they would be either mortal enemies or somehow best friends and I WANT TO SEE IT)

3rd route I'd see that happening, but if you can recruit siblings from the opposing side in your respective route I'd be disappointed. I want a bloodbath damnit

My memory is foggy, which siblings are impossible to avoid killing that were not sided with the bad guys?

Well my objection is more to term Bad Guys, I think it's a little childish to refer to factions as good/bad.

Consider this. If Camilla leads an army of revenant knights into Hoshido with the intent of conquering the nation, is it wrong to stop her? Is it any different than Minerva and Maria fighting against Michalis, or Nino fighting Lloyd/Linus?

So what, all of the Nohr siblings renounce the throne for Kamui to sit in it, and join the clergy after doing that? Since that's what Minerva did.

And again, Germany after WW2.

Edited by Mayus

Every last one of them should die as a direct result of your actions. =) It's only fair, after all; why be Sukazu when you can be Lelouch?

My first Kamui is going to be very dark as a character.

But yeah i really think there should be the option to murder them all if necessary. (or spare them all) It makes for more story outcomes and replayability.

They should all die, you can't just have one or two of them live. Then what is the point of seperate games then.

Maybe it's that you can only use them in one route?

I think people are being a bit too gung-ho on how many people should die. Radiant Dawn did the tragedies of war thing fine to me and without unnecessary edge.

If you end up recruiting any of the siblings from the other path, I want you to have to jump through hoops to get them. I have a hard time imaging Hinoka, Ryouma, and Takumi betraying Hoshido for Kamui because Kamui is a complete stranger to them, who on the Nohr route is trying to invade their homeland. The Hoshido route is meant to be more idealistic, so I could possibly see the Nohr siblings ditching Nohr for Kamui, but even then Elise is the only who I can say would likely do it.

Edited by Monado Boy