What's the best skill to pass on to Nah

so I paired Donnel with Nowi, and this being my first playthrough knowing how manipulate skill inheritance I was wanting some suggestions on what skills I should give her.

Well, depends on what you want, really, but I'm going to assume you're griding.

Nah can get Armthift and Sol by herself through the mercenary line, and those are probably the best skills she can get all-around, outside Galeforce of course.

I'd say there's 3 you want to consider: Rally Strength, Counter, amd Aptitude.

Rally Strength is good for rally rally rally, but mostly if she's a lead at the rear in your army.

Counter is great for streetpass and the main storyline.

But my favorite would be Aptitude because it makes leveling so much easier.

Edited by GoldenMapleLeaf

Technically aptitude in-game, underdog postgame, though if you don't care for underdog or don't have room for it in the skillset you have planned for Nah, Aptitude is a convenient way to be lazy with grinding for a character's stats postgame, especially when you're going through tons of characters.

It's pretty much either Counter or Aptitude. Aptitude is near-useless if you grind a lot and Nowi and Nah already have great growths to start with. Counter can have more use but even then, it's not that really useful, especially in Normal difficulty outside of making a troll Streetpass Nah.

Rally Strength isn't worth it as a Streetpass Avatar, Spotpass/DLC legacy character (DLC Palla and DLC Katarina in particular) or an Avatar from a different file can serve as your Rallybot.

She doesn't need any of the skills that she can get only if she's directly passed them, but if you want to have a skill you couldn't get otherwise you should do either counter or aptitude. If you're playing on normal or hard, go counter/any skill you want to skip when grinding Nah. If you're playing something like no grind lunatic or lunatic+, even aptitude growths may not be enough but they're your best bet for a child unit that's usable quickly with little investment.

for a child unit that's usable quickly with little investment

I don't think it's possible to get anything out of Donnel "with little investment" other than a 1-hit meat shield. By using him, you're pretty much signing a waiver that you don't care about time.

I say Underdog if grinding and Sol or Aptitude if not.

If you want a pseudo-rallybot, pass on Rally Strength (IIRC she can get Strength, Magic, Skill, and Heart). If you want something that you can throw on the front lines in postgame, pass on Underdog. If you don't want to deal with unpromoted classes, pass on Armsthrift. If you want super-high stats for minimal effort, pass on Aptitude.

I don't think it's possible to get anything out of Donnel "with little investment" other than a 1-hit meat shield. By using him, you're pretty much signing a waiver that you don't care about time.

Yea, I guess I just wasn't clear, but I meant Nah. I don't think many non-grind runs use child units due to how far behind they are, but if you wanted to use one it would be one that Donnel passes aptitude to.

Normal/hard runs don't really merit aptitude, unless you are putting extra constraints on the runs, and grind runs don't care about how fast you can cap.

Edited by Nicholai

Dude, have you seen how fast children grow? They start semi-weak and with one chapter of investment (unless they start with no weapon ranks, aka Brady and Yarne) they're one of your best units. Even on Lunatic(+). Without Aptitude.

Aptitude is just icing on the cake.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi