Famitsu 5/28 preview

Ryo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want clarification on what Attack and Guard Stance are. Is there a gauge when using them or not?

Attack Stance and Guard Stance are basically pair-up split up. Attack Stance is triggered when two units are side by side; the unit who did not initiate the attack will attack with them, but have a damage cut (looks to be 50%). Note that this is triggered 100% of the time. Guard Stance is basically just pair up minus dual strike. There's some confusion about dual guard and whether it triggers 100% of the time; what we do know is that there's a gauge tied to dual guard, which presumably limits how many times it can be used per map.

Attack Stance and Guard Stance are basically pair-up split up. Attack Stance is triggered when two units are side by side; the unit who did not initiate the attack will attack with them, but have a damage cut (looks to be 50%). Note that this is triggered 100% of the time. Guard Stance is basically just pair up minus dual strike. There's some confusion about dual guard and whether it triggers 100% of the time; what we do know is that there's a gauge tied to dual guard, which presumably limits how many times it can be used per map.

I'm curious if this gauge is something every character has at the start of a map, or something that resets or something whenever you pair up again or something.

So...Guard Stance and dual guard both exist? Dual guard is the one with a gauge?

So...Guard Stance and dual guard both exist? Dual guard is the one with a gauge?

I presume only Guard Stance can trigger Dual Guard, but that is yet to be confirmed I think.

I actually think it was confirmed.

It wasn't explicitly mentioned IIRC but the reason I think it's likely was because the only time we could see the gauge was when an enemy's pairing up with another. Another shot showing Felicia pairing up (Guard Stance) with Kamui also display the gauge (though no shield) on the stat-boost box.

It wasn't explicitly mentioned IIRC but the reason I think it's likely was because the only time we could see the gauge was when an enemy's pairing up with another. Another shot showing Felicia pairing up (Guard Stance) with Kamui also display the gauge (though no shield) on the stat-boost box.

http://serenesforest.net/2015/05/25/fire-emblem-famitsu-full-interview/#more-26657

Right now, we don’t have all the information regarding Attack Stance and Guard Stance, but we now know they have a 100% activation rate when “conditions have been met”. This is the same case for enemies.

Naturally, Attack Stance (where fighting adjacent to an ally allows for that ally to perform a follow-up attack) is fantastic for improving your damage output, but it doesn’t really help your units when enemies decide to gang up on them (with their own Attack Stance, for instance).

To withstand the onslaught of several enemies, it might often be wiser to adopt a Guard Stance (where two allies combine into one and one of the allies can deflect enemy attacks). Basically, players are encouraged to adopt different stances according to the given situation.

Ah, this is what I was thinking of.

Pretty sure the part inside the parentheses was added by Vincent :P The information could come from other sources though, but I'm too lazy to look up now...

Edited by Ryo

By the way, can someone update me on when we learned Elfie's name?

It was in one of the many screenshots from previous Famitsu issues. Kamui was paired up with a grey-haired knight named Elfie.

By the way, can someone update me on when we learned Elfie's name?

The week before last, I believe. It was shown in one of the screenshots with Kamui pairing up with her. Same issue where we saw Suzukaze's name, and Cyrus's face, first.

Yes.

Guard Stance is pretty much pair up, from my understanding.

Pretty much aside from the other unit being able to dual strike. However, the addition of dual guard with guard stance implies guard stance doesn't completely block attacks until the gauge for dual guard fills up (if the information other people are saying is correct).

Cyrus and Elfie have similar hair colors and both seem to be Nohr..I wonder if they're brother and sister.

(Which is a bit of a stretch but the theme of the game seems to be family and we have a set of brothers on Hoshido already. I wouldn't be surprised if lots of units had siblings in story)

Edited by Eveangaline

Cyrus and Elfie have similar hair colors and both seem to be Nohr..I wonder if they're brother and sister.

(Which is a bit of a stretch but the theme of the game seems to be family and we have a set of brothers on Hoshido already. I wouldn't be surprised if lots of units had siblings in story)

Cyrus seems to be playable on the Hoshido route. Ouch...