Do you like or dislike Aqua?

RandomPixel

229 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Aqua?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

Other then the name (and same colored hair), I don't really see the similarities in design between them.

Character02%2B-%2BAqua02.png

I don't really see how KH Aqua (above) and FE Aqua (below) look all that similar

.feif_aqua.png

I just don't see it.

And then there are the claims that she looks like Aina from dotHack//G.U.

YldA5Bq.jpg

There are more similarities, but it doesn't hold up too well either.

Granted her hair is a tiny bit lighter in the game.

Edited by Cerys

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like several others here, I like her look but am neutral on her character.

Though if she turns out to be a Lucina expy (very cute look but firm and resolute personality), I'd like it. The screenshots with her serious expressions outside of battle seem to suggest that sort of personality, but who knows until the game comes out?

I'm not particularly fond of her, because:

1) her facial expression is kind of unnerving;

2) she seems rather "damsel-in-distress-y";

3) I'm usually unfond of characters with exposed underpants. (Only exceptions are Olivia and Camilla.)

Currently taking a neutral stance on Aqua, but I can see why I'd be wary.

Something just doesn't sit well with me when I hear that she's a songstress. By default she's an important character who gets to sing all these meaningful songs in the cutscenes and be all mysterious and stuff. But like a previous poster mentioned, I was getting the sort of "idol" like vibe from Aqua. The way she's being voiced by two people (for singing and talking) is familiar, and that worries me. The last impactful experience I had with a songstress/idol character was Inori Yuzuriha from Guilty Crown, and it was not a great experience. I hope at least in this case, Aqua's singing and ability as a songstress will have an actual role in the story rather than just for selling singles and sounding pretty (I can whine and gripe about Guilty Crown all day, but I'll save that for another time).

Still, it's too early to judge, but honestly, I'd just reserve judgement on all the characters until the game comes out.

Luckily, there's no way Aqua can be as contradictory as Inori (but like you said we can save that for another forum, another time).

Edited by Duels at Dawn

Inori fine, just that her romance with Shu just happened to be out of nowhere. My last impression with a singer heroine is Saki Rukino (the girl on my avatar), a character I'm extremely fond of. I have great hope for Aqua, even have her remotely resemble Saki and I will be very happy. I

^ We know her name, we know her class. (It is songstress not dancer btw) we know she can refresh units, we know her apparent lv1 stats, we know she uses lances/nagintinas, we know she has luck plus 4 as a class skill, we have part of her story from her bio. And I might have missed something.

I need to play the game before I can form an opinion about anything beyond her aesthetic, which I think is decent enough.

My only real thought/worry about her is that she will end up being a bit weak-willed. Having her be a reverse Kamui is interesting, but it raises the question of why she is willing to side with whoever Kamui decides to side with. Does she have no opinion or motivation of her own, despite the fact that one side is her biological family and the other raised her?

As many people have pointed out, we haven't seen much of Aqua yet. But more importantly, we haven't seen any of her interactions with other characters yet, aside from her small confrontations with Kamui and the Cafeteria scene.

So forgive me if I'm making a wild assumption here, but...

From what I've seen so far, it honestly doesn't look like Aqua has the same motivation that Kamui does. For Kamui, the Nohrians treated him like a part of their family (perhaps except for Garon), and the Hoshidans were desperately waiting for his return with open arms (except for Takumi). However, we haven't seen any indication that Hoshido cares for Aqua the way Nohr did for Kamui. If anything, it's likely that the Hoshido don't like Aqua that much, given that her description says she was taken as a prisoner after Kamui's kidnap. The Hoshidans took her out of spite; there's little reason to believe that they would treat her as a part of their family.

Vice versa, it honestly doesn't look like Nohr gives a shit for Aqua as well. The only time we see Aqua in Nohr is during her dancing scene from the first trailer, and she hardly looks happy to be there. Remember how many of us theorized that she had been taken prisoner by the Nohr, or that she was there to exact some revenge against Nohr? That's how disgruntled she appeared. Unlike Kamui, who's probably attached to his biological family (the Hoshidans), Aqua doesn't seem to share that bond with hers (the Nohrians).

There's also the fact that Nintendo seems intent on maintaining the symmetry between the Hoshido vs. Nohr family, and adding Aqua into that royal mix would upset the balance.

So I don't think it's implausible for Aqua to follow Kamui no matter which side he chooses, as long as it helps her achieve her ultimate goal. But I don't think her goal is that of defending Hoshido or reforming Nohr. And thus, that's why she's willing to follow Kamui; his choice doesn't affect her drive in the least. Ergo, I think it's a bit premature to worry that Aqua will be weak-willed.

I can't really judge her properly until I experience her personality and story in the game, but I like her design and her class.

I think that she is the second prettiest female character behind Mikoto.

So I don't think it's implausible for Aqua to follow Kamui no matter which side he chooses, as long as it helps her achieve her ultimate goal. But I don't think her goal is that of defending Hoshido or reforming Nohr. And thus, that's why she's willing to follow Kamui; his choice doesn't affect her drive in the least. Ergo, I think it's a bit premature to worry that Aqua will be weak-willed.

Aqua betraying you would be pretty darn cool, and I doubt people would expect this weak-willed looking dancer and waifu bait to stab you in the back.

I personally like her. She has a beautiful design, she's a lance-wielder, she has the singer mechanic and is in a main role (which is interesting from a strategic point of view), and she might be a dragon. What's not to like?

So far I really like her. A dancer that can use lances is something new and it looks like she will be very important to the story and goes with you regardless of the side you choose so I'm looking forward to her.