Favorite trainee

Florete

Favorite trainee  

83 members have voted

1. 1. The trainess

• Ross
    • Amelia
    • Ewan

Even then, that makes them something that they wouldn't be on a normal playthrough.

Take Nino for example.

She's kicking Erk and Pent's asses at the same level. Unfortunatly, she's probably never going to be at the same level as them. If you were to Arena Abuse her to 20/20, of course she'd win.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(response to the Knoll-god comment)

all I do is arena/tower abuse and stick with what I get. If Ross reaches 10/20/20 with 20/strength and 10 speed I say "wtf" and use Garcia who hopefully doesn't suck also.

We are "rigging" the time it takes to get a character to reach their final product. We aren't rigging the stats with Power Rings, Speedwings, etc. and we don't use RNG abuse (which would be a pain unless you start the fight with high XP soft resetting and all) Just the time to reach 10/20/and promote and stick with what we got.

And what did you mean with the Nino example. So shes an underleveled promoted sage and shes still better then others like Erk and Pent. I get the 2nd part but did you mean anything in the first sentence because levels truely mean nothing a lv 20 Mage Nino who capped everything and could kill Erk who is 20/20 yet has terrible resistance? I'm just lost on the first sentence plz explain

(response to the Knoll-god comment)

all I do is arena/tower abuse and stick with what I get. If Ross reaches 10/20/20 with 20/strength and 10 speed I say "wtf" and use Garcia who hopefully doesn't suck also.

We are "rigging" the time it takes to get a character to reach their final product. We aren't rigging the stats with Power Rings, Speedwings, etc. and we don't use RNG abuse (which would be a pain unless you start the fight with high XP soft resetting and all) Just the time to reach 10/20/and promote and stick with what we got.

And what did you mean with the Nino example. So shes an underleveled promoted sage and shes still better then others like Erk and Pent. I get the 2nd part but did you mean anything in the first sentence because levels truely mean nothing a lv 20 Mage Nino who capped everything and could kill Erk who is 20/20 yet has terrible resistance? I'm just lost on the first sentence plz explain

That's still abuse. It's no better than the other forms of abuse.

I meant that if they were the same level, she would be winning in stats. But they're never going to be.

Ewan's never reaching his third tier He doesn't even get close

I'm not gonna argue any of your points, but that's a load of crap. His experience gain is so high he can definitely reach his third tier if he's to be used.

I'm not gonna argue any of your points, but that's a load of crap. His experience gain is so high he can definitely reach his third tier if he's to be used.

He joins in chapter 12 on both routes. That's 8 chapters before the end of the game. He's constantly being protected and has limited mobility. He's not reaching 3rd tier unless you promote at 10.

He joins in chapter 12 on both routes. That's 8 chapters before the end of the game. He's constantly being protected and has limited mobility. He's not reaching 3rd tier unless you promote at 10.

And are you not promoting Knoll at 10? That was your argument, was it not?

I leave for 10 minutes and another person contributes to the debate questioning Harold.

Anyway I think what hes saying is Ewan can't catch up to knoll but knoll finds time to promote with less chapters with mainly physical enemies that could kill either of them in a heartbeat with 0% stat booster Rng tower or arena abuse (which knoll can't get and Ewan can only get for a trainee class in Ephriams route) and still somehow promote to a summoner and kick ass.

On a seperate note I have once promoted Ewan to summoner by the end of the desert chapter with no arena/tower abuse. It was a pain though but all my other units were promoted already and they wouldn't benefit much from underleveled first tier units. So Ewan could easily hit 10/10 before Knoll

Edited by King_Soren

Then Ewan would be a completely redundant character, since you have Knoll.

I leave for 10 minutes and another person contributes to the debate questioning Harold.

Anyway I think what hes saying is Ewan can't catch up to knoll but knoll finds time to promote with less chapters with mainly physical enemies that could kill either of them in a heartbeat with 0% stat booster Rng tower or arena abuse (which knoll can't get and Ewan can only get for a trainee class in Ephriams route) and still somehow promote to a summoner and kick ass.

On a seperate note I have once promoted Ewan to summoner by the end of the desert chapter with no arena/tower abuse. It was a pain though but all my other units were promoted already and they wouldn't benefit much from underleveled first tier units. So Ewan could easily hit 10/10 before Knoll

That's with massive favoritism. :/

Who gives a shit. All my main units in that File I think it was Ross, Joshua (who I always use over Marisa), Lute, Tana, Neimi, and one other think it was Artur were already promoted and Eirika was lv20 (in the chapter where Joshua's mom dies) so they would just be robbing XP from first tier units such as Ewan. That can't be considered abuse just as you said favoritism.

Again trainees can easily promote within the chapter they are obtained or the very next chapter (ross) so its not that hard for them to play catch up.

Also are you saying you promote Knoll at 10 or 20?

Finally I know this means shit but this morning I booted up TSS made a team of Amelia vs Gilliam both lv 20 both just using iron lances.

Amelia 6 attack X2 100 hit 20 crit

Gilliam 14 attack 43 hit 0 crit

Amelia even got a crit but Gilliams great shield came up...again in your view that doesn't prove anything right. Just putting it out their that stat wise Amelia>Gilliam in a straightfoward battle against them

Who gives a shit. All my main units in that File I think it was Ross, Joshua (who I always use over Marisa), Lute, Tana, Neimi, and one other think it was Artur were already promoted and Eirika was lv20 (in the chapter where Joshua's mom dies) so they would just be robbing XP from first tier units such as Ewan. That can't be considered abuse just as you said favoritism.

Again trainees can easily promote within the chapter they are obtained or the very next chapter (ross) so its not that hard for them to play catch up.

Also are you saying you promote Knoll at 10 or 20?

Finally I know this means shit but this morning I booted up TSS made a team of Amelia vs Gilliam both lv 20 both just using iron lances.

Amelia 6 attack X2 100 hit 20 crit

Gilliam 14 attack 43 hit 0 crit

Amelia even got a crit but Gilliams great shield came up...again in your view that doesn't prove anything right. Just putting it out their that stat wise Amelia>Gilliam in a straightfoward battle against them

Well, it's obvious that you arena/tower abused them, so it's not fair, is it? If you're going to debate a character, don't use Personal Experience or Abuse as arguements. They're really easy to counter.

If they solo the map they appear on, maybe. With Ewan and Amelia, that's pretty hard to do, anyway. ;P

You're right. It doesn't, especially considering they'd never face each other in the main mode.

Edited by Harold

Knoll should instant-promote right at joining. On Eirika's route, Chapter 15, Knoll visits the village and gets a Master Seal to promote into Summoner.

Edit: ^ Knoll would just plain suck if he promoted at lv 10 unless you just want to use him for cheap summons

okay I'll drop Ewan since neither of us is going to let the other one win but you never did answer to Ross>Garcia on the last page.

Amelia and Gilliam were on the same file (different one from the example) and Amelia was a lv 1 General was behind so I left her behind and used Cormag as a lance user. Afterwards in the CC were you basically just waste time improving your characters for no reason. I got them to lv 20 Generals yesterday and then had them battle eachother with iron lances so in a straightfoward fight Amelia wins asuming RNG doesn't act up. Again this means shit since I don't remember if they got lucky or unlucky in certain areas when they level'd up

Time out for a sec you are smart enough to know on my first post b4 the debate was stat wise they end up better when they eventually reach 10/20/20 right weather through none RNG/Stat Booster abuse. Since in the stat debate for 20/20 I'd win and for "legit" use in story (no abuse or creature campaign) you would win. Think I said this before but I was debating also so you were probably caught up in it.

So lets just agree 10/20/20 Trainees kick ass and can't be considered crap but in the story with no abuse the only one useable is Ross while Amelia and Ewan will end up as underleveled Promoted units (10/20/x) at best making them sub-par to others such as Knoll and Kyle. Thats the reality I win the debate in one view and you win it in another thats the only way I see it.

Either way I think we can both agree we aren't anywhere close to changing the others views.

Edited by King_Soren

^ Knoll would just plain suck if he promoted at lv 10 unless you just want to use him for cheap summons

That's the idea. Promoting Knoll directly into a summoner lets him summon and use staves right away. You don't need good stats to do that.

Edit: ^ Knoll would just plain suck if he promoted at lv 10 unless you just want to use him for cheap summons

okay I'll drop Ewan since neither of us is going to let the other one win but you never did answer to Ross>Garcia on the last page.

Amelia and Gilliam were on the same file (different one from the example) and Amelia was a lv 1 General was behind so I left her behind and used Cormag as a lance user. Afterwards in the CC were you basically just waste time improving your characters for no reason. I got them to lv 20 Generals yesterday and then had them battle eachother with iron lances so in a straightfoward fight Amelia wins asuming RNG doesn't act up. Again this means shit since I don't remember if they got lucky or unlucky in certain areas when they level'd up

Time out for a sec you are smart enough to know on my first post b4 the debate was stat wise they end up better when they eventually reach 10/20/20 right weather through none RNG/Stat Booster abuse. Since in the stat debate for 20/20 I'd win and for "legit" use in story (no abuse or creature campaign) you would win. Think I said this before but I was debating also so you were probably caught up in it.

So lets just agree 10/20/20 Trainees kick ass and can't be considered crap but in the story with no abuse the only one useable is Ross while Amelia and Ewan will end up as underleveled Promoted units (10/20/x) at best making them sub-par to others such as Knoll and Kyle. Thats the reality I win the debate in one view and you win it in another thats the only way I see it.

Either way I think we can both agree we aren't anywhere close to changing the others views.

But they aren't superior at 20/20. They normally only have more luck than the other units of their class. :/

• 3 weeks later...

I say Ross, but all of them are awesome.

Ross because he can be the Ultimate Berserker or the most balanced Hero.

Amelia because she is either the most durable General or the fastest Paladin.

Ewan because the Super Pupil doesn't suck as much as the Super Journeyman. Also, my favorite Druid.

Hmm, seeing as the other trainees come in to late for serious Play Throughs (No arena, tower spamming) you can not train them on the higher levels. Ross, however, is in the party when he can kill something. Fer Rizzle.

Amelia, she makes a great Great Knight

Ewan, best Druid in the game

Ross, he's kinda annoying do to the fact he thinks he can beat Garcia, but he makes a good Berserker.

By the way, eh, nice signature.

Edited by soul1112