My Castle Analysis (all parts done)

VincentASM

Apologies for the lateness, but here's Part 1 of my analysis of the My Castle Trailer: Link here

...and Part 2: Link here

If anyone has any comments or suggestions or notices any mistakes, please let me know ^^

I should mention two things one thing:

1. There aren't any pictures right now, but I'll add them when I have time (and before the page formally goes online; consider this a sneak preview).

2. I won't be covering weapon stats/properties in the analysis (those will be added to the Weapons page later).

Edited by VincentASM

Woah, nice job.

My Castle seems really interesting. It's nice to have a Hub to do all your shopping/forging/supporting/gambling(arena), and it being customizable is really cool as well.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the translation, being someone who cannot understand Japanese for anything.

Sounds more and more like Suikoden (with the sense of the Castle) and Shining Force (with weapon management and shops that have "Deals") every day. Looks good, though a bit hard on the eyes (since no spacing between sentences aka lines

Edited by Elieson

Thanks for all your hard work, VincentASM! There was quite a lot more packed into the resource/buying than I could tell, that's for sure. Seems like the My Castle part of things has the potential to be a pretty intensive "mini" game in and of itself.

Sounds more and more like Suikoden (with the sense of the Castle) and Shining Force (with weapon management and shops that have "Deals") every day. Looks good, though a bit hard on the eyes (since no spacing between sentences aka lines

I see spaces, but it's smaller than here on the forums.

Hopefully it'll be better with pictures XD

Actually, I'll add the pictures first, before moving on.

That's a big article. Only thing I saw that I think is wrong is this:

So far so normal, but now things start taking a bizarre turn, with the construction of the Accessory Shop. Here, players can outfit their characters (or just the Avatar?) with accessories bought using resources (such as vegetables).

We can see Camilla with a hat accessory (edit: and a tail) at the end of the MyCastle video:

iSsjSMp.png

Edited by Cysx

Great work, I was interested in the my castle feature but now I'm excited for it. It seems like a deep addition to the game that is even somewhat integrated into the main gameplay. A huge improvement over Awakening's weak barracks feature

That's...actually really cool. Stat manipulation is the name of the game this time around I feel with the new weapon and food mechanics. The key is whether IS can pull off interesting level designs to tie it all together.

First things first, thank you for your hard work.

Ah ah ! 1000G the iron sword. :p

Still, it does seems overly complicated to me, but I do want to know more before judging.

I can see them going with "My Castle Town" for the localization. In English, if you say "castle", most people only think of the castle keep so "Castle Town" is more descriptive and has the bonus of invoking Animal Crossing.

I am now 100% okay, after thinking that it was all of My Room. This is manageable, and I now think the My Room is for goofing off, and Fridge Horror.

Thanks for your hard work!

It's nice to have all the new info collected in one (or two) posts. I thought I already knew everything from that video, but you proved me wrong

Couple of small mistakes I noticed:

For example, Felicia will use your Meat to create a “Killer Steak” that boosts your party’s Strength by 1 for one chapter. Whoa, food skills!

Sadly, the party members don’t seem impressed with the Killer Steak, but it seems to work as out of 14 characters, half of them receive the stat boost. Meanwhile, the “Killer” property reduces all of the characters’ stats by 1, while increasing their Strength and Magic by 2.

Both of these can't be right, can they?

Also, you mistyped Lapis Lazuli as "Lapuz Lazuli"

It's nice to have all the new info collected in one (or two) posts. I thought I already knew everything from that video, but you proved me wrong

I think that means everyone is supposed to get the Str +1 but the Str/Mag +2 kicks in to compensate for those people who had all stats -1.

I'm not sure; the order/wording is a bit confusing. It seems to be two separate effects.

Thanks! I actually noticed that when I went to edit it XD

Also, here's Part 2: Interacting with your comrades/other players

Again thank you very much.

Dragon vein point in Nohr eh, but if the castle isn't in Nohr so why do you have them ?...

I do have a question that totally out of subject, 'Proposed-and-rejected kiss-scene' in Awakening ? Could you, ah, please tell me more about it, to the risk of looking like a weirdo ?

Again thank you very much.

Dragon vein point in Nohr eh, but if the castle isn't in Nohr so why do you have them ?...

I do have a question that totally out of subject, 'Proposed-and-rejected kiss-scene' in Awakening ? Could you, ah, please tell me more about it, to the risk of looking like a weirdo ?

Bit confused about your first comment.

My Castle is in Nohr and Hoshido.

Sure, it's mentioned in Awakening's Iwata Asks article.

Just search for "kiss".

I'm of the belief that Gangrel's confession scene is a beta kissing scene.

I see. How strange.

... You know, Gangrel is not that ugly when he have either his stick in the butt or that snarl...

Thank you very much, and sorry to disturb the topic.

I see. How strange.

... You know, Gangrel is not that ugly when he have either his stick in the butt or that snarl...

Thank you very much, and sorry to disturb the topic.

No need to apologise; topics are kinda meant to be disturbed XD

Or if you meant the Awakening off-topic comment, that's fine too. Maybe other people will learn something from it, haha.

Thank you! These write-ups and the translated video definitely cleared up many things. There's actually more to My Castles than I originally thought, which is cool. I can see myself using these features a lot. I never used StreetPass with Awakening, but I want to try it out with If.

I've been very critical regarding Kozaki's designs this game, but damn, he really did nail Marth (and Ike who can be seen on the Japanese website).

I do enjoy that Marth portrait along with his ass-kickage of Kamui. He seems to have more emotion rather then just be some frickin' card. The portrait on the cards were nice but they didn't have the emotion that Marth does here, so that's a plus.

Nice work!

So Dragon's Vein points update shops and stuff? I think that would be good for people who don't want to mess with My Castle, assuming you can earn the points in regular story battles. All you would have to do is go in and update the shops whenever you want to buy more weapons, without having to spend a lot of time in there.

I didn't notice the feature that lets you buy generic allies... that seems to defeat the purpose of FE. Does this mean no Bonus Box like in Awakening? Even if those were basically generics at least there was the illusion that they were real characters.

I've been very critical regarding Kozaki's designs this game, but damn, he really did nail Marth (and Ike who can be seen on the Japanese website).

He is very good at drawing other characters in his style, I would love to see him do all the lords that are showing up as bonus content this time.