Nohr shapeshifter

Hoshidokoala

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one i know of is the she-wolf who raised Romulus and Remus but she had no known name

I believe her name was Lupa. Lupa also refers to an Italian statue of a wolf I think. So a female wolf-shapeshifter named Lupa would make sense too.

But I still think Romulus or Remus would sound cooler.

Well Elephants were used by the Nanman tribe in China in the Three Kingdoms period!

...But thats not western :P.

I was kidding. ;p But in all seriousness, Elephant Laguz/Shapeshifters would be epic. :)

Hell, give 'em a gorilla, we ain't had one of those.

If we did have gorilla shapeshifters, would they still transform looking at the full moon?

Vampire for Nohr would be..amazing! If I were to choose between Werewolves or Vampire, I'd chose the second :D

Nohr is already the dark country, and if I remember, the monsters were vampire or what, a thing like that, don't remember. But I think it would fit better ; but that's just my opinion :p

I'd rather appreciate a feline such as a lynx, perhaps a mountain lion (which aren't actually native to Europe: the largest wild European cat is the lynx), to juxtapose the canine shifter of Hoshido.

I'd think of a werewolf, but there must be more roman/greek myths with shapeshifters.. Can't really think of any arthurian ones that weren't shifting into other people (or done by fairies or giants, which I don't see happening)

Werewolves and Vampires fit but I think the whole Kamui being able to change into a dragon thing already cancels out any other options. There were only two options in Awakening as well and that was Manakete and Taguel, so Kitsune and Dragon/Manakete in this one, plus I think Dragons represent European folklore well enough.

But there are only two if you are playing Hoshido. On the Nohr side, given that Nishiki is Hoshido-exclusive, there is therefore only one shapeshifting variant. The fox-shifting really doesn't fit thematically with Nohr, and unless there is another who can defect to Nohr, at this point it's unlikely for them only giving Nohr one shifter where Hoshido gets two, especially since so far we have classes that mirror each other on both sides (thief vs. bowman, fighter vs oni, etc.) Unless, and this is very possible, there is a Suzukaze situation where Nohr is given access to a Hoshido class because he can defect. In which case, maybe a female Kitsune?

Something mythological that debuffs the opponent or has stones that transforms them into fire emblem monsters.

If it is a bat his look would take inspiration from Gerome

Edited by Five5

BEARS CAN RUN UP 60KMPH!

Still a fox is faster. Or at least more nimble. A bear can be fast but it's shape is not very aerodymanic I mean a bear has a significant girth wich makes running more tiresome for them. A fox however has a cylinder shaped body and a cone shaped nose wich is way more aerodynamic. What I mean is yes bears are fast but can't handle the pressure of long races while a fox can. Beaars are fast and take the prey down in a hit if not they might lose a meal while foxes run after the prey until they're tired and then attack.

So a bear should have all around good stats with attack being the stronger and resistance the lower. But that's just my opinion.

On another note I think a selkie would be better to have has a shapeshifter.

The thing is, the Kitsune has a very mythological, mystic element to it that I think that just some guy who can turn into a bear wouldn't have. I don't think there is much on bears in European mythology, or at least, when compared to wolves (werewolves, lycanthropes, Fenrir, etc.) there isn't much to go with. So I would doubt bears would make it, unless there's some magical bear legend I don't know about.

I continue to say selkie would be better I mean seals that would something never seen! Unless there's some game with a playable character that can turn into a seal I don't know about.

I don't see how a seal would help out in battle much, she'd be like the Aquaman of the Fire Emblem League. I could see a selkie appear in a more traditional, wacky JRPG, but in an SRPG where the armies are militarized, I don't see how a seal would help.

Cue bad Navy Seal joke, har har, there saved you the trouble

What about a bull? Like a minotaur type of shapshifter! I think it would contrast well: the huge brawny bull and the elegant nimble fox.