Nohr shapeshifter

Hoshidokoala

Hey. Aquaman is cool.

He is pretty cool, but even when he's at his most badass, he's kind of the weak link of the JL.

Gargoyles and minotaurs could be interesting, spiders, not really a fan but yeah, it could work.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be cool to have a Goat or a Deer shapeshifter something to represent Pan, the centaurs, and Satyrs running around Greco-Roman mythology plus they made bunnies seem deadly so I don't think any (Non-sea) creature is entirely out of the running.

Agreeing with ArticRalts here, a Cervidae shifter would be freaking awesome. Deer are pretty fierce when threatened and they were mentioned in Greco-Roman mythology. Artemis was heavily associated with deer, plus she did turn Actaeon into a stag, so the transformation theme is there.

You'd also get inhuman features with antlers or horns, so they'd contrast Nishiki wonderfully.

Nohr could also get its own fox so he can 1v1 Nishiki on Final Destination.

I know this was a while ago but he just won the thread.

My thoughts, though, are that we could have a bird transformation, and then we have 3 (dragon, fox, bird), which can fit into the weapon triangle (dragon/swords, bird/lance, fox/axe).

Well, if we're going by mythology, there are a couple of Greek myths that could be used for inspiration:

• Wolf: Lycaon was a king of Arcadia that attempted to test Zeus' omniscience by feeding him the roast flesh of a human prisoner (ew), and Zeus punished him by turning him into a wolf and killing his sons. Other versions of the tale vary in gruesomeness, but all include a sacrifice of some sort. His name is the source of the word lycanthropy.
  • Spider: Arachne was a mortal woman and a talented weaver who challenged Athena, the goddess of wisdom and crafts, in a competition. The outcome of the event depends on the source, but Arachne wins in about two thirds of the tales, and Athena punishes her (regardless of whether or not she wins) by transforming her into a spider. Her name is where the word arachnid comes from.
  • Stag: Actaeon was the son of herdsmen and a hunter who was transformed into a stag as punishment for spying on Artemis, the goddess of the hunt, while she was bathing. Tales vary, but he is later ironically killed by his own hunting dogs.
  • Calf: Io was a priestess of Hera whom Zeus seduced. Zeus changed her into a heifer (young cow) to avoid her being found by his jealous wife, Hera herself.

All of these are fairy brutal, but they could be potentially interesting. I'd love to see what they could do with a character based on Arachne or Actaeon, personally.

Or, if you'd rather they use folklore as a base, maybe the old Norse berserkers, sometimes referred to as Odin's warriors?

"[Odin’s] men went without their mailcoats and were mad as hounds or wolves, bit their shields...they slew men, but neither fire nor iron had effect upon them. This is called 'going berserk.'"

They wore the pelts of wolves and transformed into them to fight in a trance-like fury.

Edited by Pacack

Well, if we're going by mythology, there are a couple of Greek myths that could be used for inspiration:

• Wolf: Lycaon was a king of Arcadia that attempted to test Zeus' omniscience by feeding him the roast flesh of a human prisoner (ew), and Zeus punished him by turning him into a wolf and killing his sons. Other versions of the tale vary in gruesomeness, but all include a sacrifice of some sort. His name is the source of the word lycanthropy.
  • Spider: Arachne was a mortal woman and a talented weaver who challenged Athena, the goddess of wisdom and crafts, in a competition. The outcome of the event depends on the source, but Arachne wins in about two thirds of the tales, and Athena punishes her (regardless of whether or not she wins) by transforming her into a spider. Her name is where the word arachnid comes from.
  • Stag: Actaeon was the son of herdsmen and a hunter who was transformed into a stag as punishment for spying on Artemis, the goddess of the hunt, while she was bathing. Tales vary, but he is later ironically killed by his own hunting dogs.
  • Calf: Io was a priestess of Hera whom Zeus seduced. Zeus changed her into a heifer (young cow) to avoid her being found by his jealous wife, Hera herself.
All of these are fairy brutal, but they could be potentially interesting. I'd love to see what they could do with a character based on Arachne or Actaeon, personally.

Or, if you'd rather they use folklore as a base, maybe the old Norse berserkers, sometimes referred to as Odin's warriors?

"[Odin’s] men went without their mailcoats and were mad as hounds or wolves, bit their shields...they slew men, but neither fire nor iron had effect upon them. This is called 'going berserk.'"

They wore the pelts of wolves and transformed into them to fight in a trance-like fury.
you forgot she-wolf lupa.

I expect a wolf, unless Nishiki isn't the only playable kitsune:

1. Wolves are just as prominent (at least) in European mythology and folklore as the fox is in East Asia's.

2. Wolves go with If's motif of contrasting parallels. Like Hinoka VS Camilla (Older sisters, but one's a tomboy and the other's a seductress). In this case, it would be shapeshifting canines.

3. Wolves are way more associated with shapeshifting than spiders, gorilas, etc.

4. Cipher lists Fang as a weapon group. Wolves have fangs.

The only alternative that comes to mind is a vampire or vampirelike shapeshifter.

Edited by Alazen

I think that a deer would be good as it is a western symbol of nobility (like a lion) and they could have antlers, brown hair, etc. plus names could be Actaeon or Artemis. And it would look great with the kitsune.

Huh. I was worried that if they went with werewolf, they'd just make it's model a grey, shoddily edited version of the Fox Guy's beast mode. Glad to see a more brutish design.

I see a lot of people saying it's a wolf, but I really see more of a Koala Bear-wolf hybrid (If a Koala Bear had the body of an actual bear). I mean look at it's nose!

I see a lot of people saying it's a wolf, but I really see more of a Koala Bear-wolf hybrid (If a Koala Bear had the body of an actual bear). I mean look at it's nose!

Guys

what if

it's yetiiii

lol

You both could be on to something, but my gut tells me it's just a stylized werewolf.

I believe her name was Lupa. Lupa also refers to an Italian statue of a wolf I think. So a female wolf-shapeshifter named Lupa would make sense too.

But I still think Romulus or Remus would sound cooler.

lupa... is literally "female wolf" in latin.

if they were going to make her female, i'd put my money on the name rhea, which is the name of romulus and remus' mother.

however, we all now know that's not the case, and we have a weird.... thing! on our hands.

GG, creepy grey thing. GG.

Edited by falcoknights

Guyswhat ifit's yetiiiilol

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's first thought was a yeti.

It's like the abominable snowman from that old rudolph cartoon....

Add me to the list of people whose immediate first thought was yeti