This week's (4th June) Famitsu scans are up

^While the bright lights don't seem to fit the dark and dreary obviously evil image they seem to be going with for Nohr, the architecture itself definitely looks like like it could fit in some fancy European city like Rome. And Nohrians need to see at night too I guess.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have figured out (for the most part) why I got thrown off so badly. In Korean, I think "b" and "v" sound similar enough to just count them as the same thing, so I did just that. Meanwhile, the Japanese language book I'm using to read the katakana and hiragana even gave the "ve" sound as a different character from the "be" sound. Looks like I'll have to practice more on those. Anyway, thanks again!

In addition to what Kirokan said, (I might be wrong on this but) I think the ヴ sound was a relatively recent addition to the list of commonly used katakana, so in a lot of cases it isn't really "wrong" to use either the 'b' or 'v' character when transliterating foreign 'v' sounds. Like ヴァイオリン vs. バイオリン for example. I personally thought Veruca (as in the Willy Wonka character) would have been written with a long 'u' like ヴェルーカ or ベルーカ, but meh.

When it comes to transliterating foreign words, Japanese is especially restrictive because the number of possible sounds is so limited. 'B' and 'V' ambiguity aside, Korean wouldn't have any problems distinguishing Belka/Veruca or even Berka because they can be written as 벨카/베루카 and 베르카 respectively xD

Thanks for the translations Kirokan! :)

However, I am curious. Does My Castle replace the preparations screen?

There is a preparation menu even within My Castle itself (when fighting other teams), so I don't think so.