This week's (4th June) Famitsu scans are up

Unless you don't get access to My Castle until after chapter 6, and your specialties are set at the start of the game. That would be a heck of a reset!

Hm. Well My Castle unlocking about that time would make sense seeing how there isn't an undecided one yet, but that would really suck.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the street pass thing, I'm pretty sure there will be some built in method/market to exchange goods in addition to accessing other player markets via the internet. Overall my castle is certainly an interesting system, definitely not half baked.

does anyone else think that gems available in my castle will be based off birth months by giving your my castle the gem that relates to the corrosponding birth month e.g. July gives you Rubys

Thanks for the quick coverage once again:)

Effective weapons deal 3x damage (like critical hits in the past?).

I'm assuming it's not 3x total damage since that would be stupid, and I don't really like this change. It makes effective weapons considerably worse as the target gets more resilient, while they'll decimate weaker units. That's already what crits did, I liked how effective weapons were different.

Also, I'm wondering about that water effect on Kamui's dragon form... maybe that's just its damaged animation though, since the transformation kind of has that too.

Edited by Cysx

Anyway, going back to Nishiki a second, I just really hope he's actually useful. Let's be real here, the manaketes in awakening were pretty rubbish as a class, mostly because they were locked to one range. Hopefully the overall nerfing of 1-2 range weapons will balance things out better, but I just want the game's shapeshifter to be more than a gimmick character. I don't need him to be amazing, I just don't want to feel like I'm wasting him by leaving him in his base class.

Do you mean Taguels? Because, yeah, the 1-range lock and terrible base stats hurt them quite badly. Awakening Manaketes have 1~2-range Dragonstones, which made them very powerful, reliably so on all modes up to and including vanilla Lunatic (they're still viable in Lunatic+, but Luna+ is really, really scary for them).

does anyone else think that gems available in my castle will be based off birth months by giving your my castle the gem that relates to the corrosponding birth month e.g. July gives you Rubys

I could see them doing that. In fact, now that you've mentioned it, I kinda hope that that's how they implemented it. That way, I could manipulate things instead of having more RNG to worry about in any future challenge runs. >.>

I unfortunately fall in the group of people lacking someone I can streetpass with so I'll be praying we can get this stuff online...

I'm just going to remain hopeful that IS will be smart and let you use the internet to get My Castle data from other players. It's such a simple solution to basically every problem, and more and more games have been doing it lately so there is a precedent.

Anyway, going back to Nishiki a second, I just really hope he's actually useful. Let's be real here, the manaketes in awakening were pretty rubbish as a class, mostly because they were locked to one range. Hopefully the overall nerfing of 1-2 range weapons will balance things out better, but I just want the game's shapeshifter to be more than a gimmick character. I don't need him to be amazing, I just don't want to feel like I'm wasting him by leaving him in his base class.

Do you mean Taguel?

I think a way they could make the kitsune an improvement over the Taguel is giving it mounted range. And better abilities.

Do you mean Taguels?

*headdesk* Yeah I did, sorry. Not sure what happened there, I wasn't even thinking about manaketes while posting, I just screwed up. Manaketes were great, it was taguels that sucked.

Edited by capmalachi

so I kinda just made this account to post about this minor thing

xYeJEME.png

um

isn't that the Nohr path

where's the dark dress ;__;

It could be a screenshot from Hoshido still. Felicia is in both campaigns.

Also, we're unsure if the dark dress appears outside of cutscenes.

The text box has the purple shade, indicative of Nohr.

Thanks for the quick coverage once again:)

I'm assuming it's not 3x total damage since that would be stupid, and I don't really like this change. It makes effective weapons considerably worse as the target gets more resilient, while they'll decimate weaker units. That's already what crits did, I liked how effective weapons were different.

Why are people treating this like it's new? It's been this way since Radiant Dawn.

They may have been referring to the purple text box which occurs after choosing Nohr, correct?

I feel like the dark dress will only appear after a certain point in the story. It makes sense for her to wear the lighter Hoshido dress at the start of both routes what with her having lived in Hoshido regardless of which route is chosen. That screen cap may be taken very early in the Nohr route before she changes dress.

Or the dark dress could be cutscenes only which would be a shame.

Why are people treating this like it's new? It's been this way since Radiant Dawn.

The might of the weapon was multiplied by 3, not the damage of the attack. Right?

Edit: I think that's correct, yes. It was that way in Awakening at least.

Edited by Cysx

The might of the weapon was multiplied by 3, not the damage of the attack. Right?

Edit: I think that's correct, yes. It was that way in Awakening at least.

Yes. The only game were the entire attack power was multiplied is FE4. In that game, effective damage was literally the same as critical hits and doubled attack power by 2.

Edit: Also, in PoR and the international version of FE7, effective damage multiplied weapon might by only 2 instead of 3. I think those are all the exceptions from the 3x weapon might rule.

Edited by BrightBow

Yes. The only game were the entire attack power was multiplied is FE4. In that game, effective damage was the same as critical hits and doubled attack power by 2.

Edit: Also, in PoR and the international version of FE7, effective damage multiplied weapon might by only 2 instead of 3. I think those are all the exceptions from the 3x weapon might rule.

Well hopefully we're not getting attack power *3 on this one, just attack damage. OHKOs would be all over the place otherwise.

Edited by Cysx

Well hopefully we're not getting attack power *3 on this one, just attack damage. OHKOs would be all over the place otherwise.

Oh, definitely. The 2x multiplier in FE4/5 was already pretty crazy. Although I definitely liked being able to use criticals to overcome high defense values, 3x has to be too high.

Edited by BrightBow

Yes. The only game were the entire attack power was multiplied is FE4. In that game, effective damage was literally the same as critical hits and doubled attack power by 2.

I am 75% sure that in SS that only slayer multiplies by x3 that is why invaldi (the S light tome) is actually weaker on monsters than aura. As the non dark magic Sacred twins deal x2 but slayer does x 3 but the monster effectiveness overrides slayer. Edited by goodperson707

I am 75% sure that in SS that only slayer multiplies by x3 that is why invaldi (the S light tome) is actually weaker on monsters than aura. As the non dark magic Sacred twins deal x2 but slayer does x 3 but the monster effectiveness overrides slayer.

Oh yeah, they had inconsistent rules like that. I just checked the calculations page and it says that the multiplayer for the S rank weapons is only x2 but the regular weapon effective bonus is still x3.

Edited by BrightBow

I woke up earlier to get this done quicker for everyone, here you go!

Blog post here.

fe-1tr.jpg

fe-2tr.jpg

fe-3tr.jpg

fe-4tr.jpg

You deserve some kind of internet prize for all your hard work, my friend. Sadly, I can only offer you my sincere gratitude.

I woke up earlier to get this done quicker for everyone, here you go!

Blog post here.

fe-1tr.jpg

fe-2tr.jpg

fe-3tr.jpg

fe-4tr.jpg

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that this is something that people would actually do. This is amazingly done. Beautiful.

Edited by BrightBow