About the Third path

ichikawa

Until now we know nothing about the third path, unless it might be a intermediary route in difficulty between Hoshido and Norh

First we have some key point in both prime paths:
- The royal siblings: Both paths has 'their own royal family and it doesn't have an importance just in the story, but also with their Dragon's Vein ability. if you don't pick one of of the Sides witch of them would follow your path, or only Kamui and Aqua would have this ability ?
of course the siscon Camilla !!
- Alliances: Which will be your allies beside the siblings, in the interview Genki Yokota made a big mystery about it, i'm really looking forward about it
- "My Castle": if you aren't in Nohr neither in Hoshido, how you even a Castle ??
maybe "My Village" or "My dog house"
Edited by ichikawa

There's also the Dark Dragon and Light Dragon. If each side is related to one of those, then a third side either means no dragon at all or a third dragon.

The map seems to suggest that there are kingdoms outside of Nohr and Hoshido, so the castle could be in one of them.

The streetpass mechanics make me think that the 3rd path might have its own exclusives, alongside some shared characters, since it'd keep the balance with castles from the other two routes.

I would hope the third path is a bit more than the "here's the middle road that makes everyone happy somehow!" option, especially since that could imply the other two paths have unsatisfactory one-sided endings (ala EO3 or SMT4). I'd want all of them to feel like complete stories ideally.

If the third path went as far as bringing you a bunch of new characters and units, that'd be extra cool.

Edited by Aekenon

I also wonder if there are exclusive characters to the third path, or if everybody is eventually recruitable or something.

Yea ... Yokota made a big mystery, i think we might see some surprises about it but i am really worried about te royal siblings

I would hope the third path is a bit more than the "here's the middle road that makes everyone happy somehow!" option, especially since that could imply the other two paths have unsatisfactory one-sided endings (ala EO3 or SMT4). I'd want all of them to feel like complete stories ideally.

If the third path went as far as bringing you a bunch of new characters and units, that'd be extra cool.

they have a novelist writing the stories, and we have also the same content from the two main routes, i'm expecting great things about the histories

I'm thinking the third path might involve whatever the kingdom in the lower left of the world map is. See this thread http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54237

Beyond it somehow involving them, though, I don't really know what it would deal with. You make a fair point about the siblings, though. Perhaps on the third path, 2 of the Nohr siblings and 2 of the Hoshido siblings will leave their countries to follow you? I can definitely see Camilla doing so. Although, based on the personalities of the siblings shown so far, it seems the ones most likely to join you would be all the sisters.

Third path: ALL of the imoutos.

I can definitely see the story forces you to choose a sibling or the other, given the "Arran-Samson" nature of the game. I can also see Camilla going full yandere and try to kill you in the neutral path... The only ones who seem willing to join you if you give the middle finger to both countries are Sakura and Elise, but who knows.

The third path, IIRC, is confirmed to be in between the Hoshido and Nohr routes in terms of route difficulty. It may be possible something may happen like Kamui and his/her comrades finding an abandoned castle to use as their own "My Castle" for that route. I wouldn't be surprised if it were to have its own exclusive characters as a possible draw for buying it as it's DLC-only outside of the special edition cartridge.

As I said in another topic, having a game that makes such a big deal about choice having one route let Kamui get all of his siblings, or have a team-up between two countries with would be jarring, since one route would be blatantly golden. Especially if the route is only available through DLC or a special edition.

And really, having the kingdoms team-up to beat the final boss has a danger of being used as an excuse to erase or brush aside any current conflicts so that after (Insert Name Here) is beaten, the setting is set for sunny days.

Edited by Alazen

As I said in another topic, having a game that makes such a big deal about choice having one route let Kamui get all of his siblings, or have a team-up between two countries with would be jarring, since one route would be blatantly golden. Especially if the route is only available through DLC or a special edition.

And really,having the kingdoms team-up to beat the final boss has a danger of being used as an excuse to erase or brush aside any current conflicts so that after (Insert Name Here) is beaten, the setting is set for sunny days.

it depends if all loose ends are tied before the final boss I'm okay with it.

It'd trivialize the importance of making a choice like how fans trivialize the permadeath feature :V

I'd find it interesting if the third path has you screwing both kingdoms an ruling them both; would be rather SMT-ish. They could avoid making it the "golden route" (as Alazen put it) by having your choices determine which of the otherwise-route-exclusive characters live. Say, one choice lets one Nohr sibling live, but leads to the death to a Hoshido sibling. That kind of thing, though I imagine it'd be hard to pull off convincingly.

it's important to know more about the history to start to theorise about the third path content ... Until now we only know that the main history is a bout two Clashing Kingdoms, and Kamui has to chose a side. One he will protect his homeland and the other is change the country from inside.

But we all know that it's navel only a was, we always have a evil plot behind everything.

If we were to have a neutral route where you'd save all your siblings, to the very least I'd want it to be extremely difficult to get "the save everyone ending". Like you'd have to make very intricate choices and in battle you'd have to meet very specific requirements alternating from your original goal, and that one mistep could set you on a completely different path. Something like the "saber kills shirou" bad end in the Fate series but without the downer ending.

Aside from that keep in mind that we'll also have more desiscions after we choose our alignment, so regardless we'd be able to alternate the ending anyway (by how much,is up to the developers).

If you want history, there's this:

This games before this one didn't have such a heavy Japanese slant; cultural baggage, sure. Olivia wouldn't have such a high-pitched stereotypical moe voice otherwise. But the series hadn't yet something so blatant as the Hoshido being a fantasy universe Japan; normally we got fantasy universe parallels to European lands.

If they're going to change the cultural flavoring this much (while promising much from the plot, at that!), who's to say they won't use tropes never before seen in FE? Like how you yourself are put into the position of conquerer of countries, instead of defender of one. I'd say it's a fair theory, even if it's backed more by meta observations than in-universe lore.

Edited by Tessie Spoon

I bet that we will get a mix of the Royal siblings in the third path. I doubt Ryoma or Marx will join, since they are both heading their respective armies. However the younger siblings may be up for grabs, like Elise and Sakura. I am not sure about Leon or Takumi since they both seem to be pretty loyal to their respective sides. I am pretty sure Hinoka and Camilla will join Kamui due to their feelings for him/her.

As for the "My Castle" location. In the recent NOJ direct, I remember seeing a desert-like area where a camp was set up. Perhaps this will be the base for the third route?

There is always a take the whole kit and caboodle for yourself option. Declairing yourself Emperor Kamui building a stable foundation of peace and posterity on a mountain of slain enemies.

There's also the Dark Dragon and Light Dragon. If each side is related to one of those, then a third side either means no dragon at all or a third dragon.

The map seems to suggest that there are kingdoms outside of Nohr and Hoshido, so the castle could be in one of them.

[spoiler=the third dragon]dWAZrrj.png

third path should be a series of covert missions designed to exacerbate tensions between the two sides, culminating in a great, final battle. and after the two sides have decimated each others' forces, kamui makes his/her entrance, and take the heads of both leaders

I've done some thinking, and I wonder if Fire Emblem Cipher might have actually given us a clue as to what third path will be like. Unlike the other games, FEif will be getting 3 different decks; one representing Hoshido ver., one representing Nohr ver., and presumably the last one representing the third path. Now if the third path was simply Hoshido and Nohr coming together, would it really need to have its own deck?