Gilliam or Amelia: which is the better general?

I feel as though its a matter of playstyle. Gilliam, I've found, works great as a wall/defensive player, thats his niche. I've always liked Amelia most as a Palladin, as I feel her base stats suit this role better. However, General Amelia becomes a great rushing character, for those that for example, on Chapter 19, (where you fight Riev) woukld rather rush and kill Riev than just attempt to survive. Again, its all a matter of playstyle.

• 5 weeks later...

Amelia, especially if you give her that wing thingy, is literally a super speedy tank. Its all the things you want in a General, plus a swift dodgy machine (mostly because she is trained as a Recruit with more speedish stats, but with Knight and General gets defence stats).

Just go paladin. Generals fucking suck.

Trust me, when Amelia is General, she turns out to be really speedy, and dodges lots of hits. Generals are pretty good if you use the right people. And they look really cool too :P.

Amelia's growths don't actually suit her; outside of Super Trainee, she can't have more than 25 speed, and her strength/defense growths are mediocre. General does give her the best stats, but it's not practical to get her there during the game. She'd be useful in PvP if it existed.

@Morva

Her growths aren't spectacular by any means. If you look at her averages, she barely beats Seth in a few stats, when they're both level 20.

If you're spending the time to get her to 10/20/20, just make her a General. You already don't have much need for time management if you're slogging through the game at 1 turn per hour.

I was bored and compared Base level Gilliam to 10/4 Amelia (since Gil joins at Lv4)

Stats

Unit	Lvl	HP	Str	Skl	Spd	Luk	Def	Res	Con	Hit	Avo	Crt	WpnRnk
Gilliam	4	25	9	6	3	3	9	3	14	13	9	3	C
Amelia	10/4	25.2	9.2	8.8	9.8	12	7.6	4.8	10	22	30/24	4	High D, maybe C

ASPD

Unit	Iron	Steel	Jav.	Killer	Horseslayer
Gilliam	3	3	3	3	3
Amelia	9	6	8	9	6

Unit	Level	HP	Str	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res	Con	Hit	Avo	Crt	WpnRnk
Seth	1	30	14	13	12	13	11	8	11	32	37/33	6	A-Lance/A-Sword
Amelia	10/20/1	34.8	14.8	17.2	19.2	20	11.4	11.2	9	44	58/50	8	A-Lance/C?-Sword

*Amelia is weighed down by every lance that isn't Iron/Killer, for ASPD penalties with Javelin of -2, Steel Lance/Horseslayer of 2 more than Seth's 2 ASPD (-4)

If you wanted to see how Amelia faires up to base level Gilliam at the same level, or base level Seth at the same level (10/20/1)

point is, 28 levels of work and a 5k promotion item to get amelia slightly better than your Prologue jeigan

point is, 28 levels of work and a 5k promotion item to get amelia slightly better than your Prologue jeigan

Oh yeah no doubting Amelia is hot trash but at the same time comparisons to Seth aren't very fair, name a unit who you can compare to Seth and not have that unit look like shit

Trust me, when Amelia is General, she turns out to be really speedy, and dodges lots of hits. Generals are pretty good if you use the right people. And they look really cool too :P.

She is going to be just as fast and dodgy, give or take like 2 points at most, as a Paladin. Only she's going to move like twice as far every turn.