Soo..prisons

Eveangaline

^ prison seems to only have room for two. I can't speak Japanese however. source is the main site write up. It is Not 100%for certain obviously but that is why i said seems.

Perhaps you can build more than one prison? 2 people per prison, presumably once you convince them to join they leave the prison, still that's a growth of 2 people per level until you can build more prisons.

You probably don't need more than 15 units anyway.

Edited by Eveangaline

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ yeah i know it can probably be upgraded or you could make another. But still you probably don't get my castle/capture unit, till after chapter 6. And getting just kaimui and zero/orochi through a chapter solo then only getting 2 units per chapter might be a bit rough on Nohr, possible of course, but not quite as fun as hoshido would be imo.

Source?

Hm... I've seen something similar, although I can't remember where it was. I think at some point there was a picture of the menu where you choose the building you'll make and that showed the limit of prisons. I'm trying to find it right now.

Edit:

It's not what I was thinking about but...

https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/fe-2tr2.jpg

Prisons seems to have levels like weapon and item shops, so it's very likely that the max limit can be expanded.

Edited by NeonZ

I read you can only capture two units per battle, but not that it was the max. Was there any confirmation that that was the max limit for a level 1 prison? And I mean I guess even if it is who knows what the max level for the prison is and how many units you can store in it at that point.

Edited by Kyza

Is anyone else concerned that limiting the Capture command to these two characters will make capture difficult and unreliable? Think about it. If they don't good level ups (or you just prefer to use other units), a whole mechanic will be locked out. And how about their ability to defeat the enemy? Will it be difficult to capture high defense units for Zero and and high resistance units for Orochi? It seems awfully arbitrary that only those two characters can manage non-lethal attacks.

I feel the same concern. I dislike that we're stuck using these one specific character for each route. This feels like it would have been a great opportunity to use skill scrolls so you can chose who you want to capture units. Plus I dislike it being a personal skill since I doubt we'll want/need to use it every chapter.

I feel the same concern. I dislike that we're stuck using these one specific character for each route. This feels like it would have been a great opportunity to use skill scrolls so you can chose who you want to capture units. Plus I dislike it being a personal skill since I doubt we'll want/need to use it every chapter.

They should have given those characters a stat boost for the number of characters you capture. Like, every 2 you capture, +1 magic or strength.

So in Hoshido, Orochi can just go capture some skirmishers and get free magic, as well as exp?

Also there already is a way to get a unit you want to use up to snuff, or to help out with bad level ups, they are called stat boosters.

So in Hoshido, Orochi can just go capture some skirmishers and get free magic, as well as exp?

Also there already is a way to get a unit you want to use up to snuff, or to help out with bad level ups, they are called stat boosters.

The buff could be temporary. Like, capture a unit and get +3 magic/strength for the rest of the battle.

I hope Zero's way of persuasion is just what I'm imagining based on what we know from his bio. I also hope it involves some of his arrowheads. That said, I do agree other characters should have the capture skill. It seems like a waste if it's going to be just them, and since Zero's default class is archer, that may make it a bit tough for people who actually want to use him to capture people.

Why would being an archer be a problem for capturing purposes? In most cases it would make it easier, as you can double attack/get crits, while not having to worry about counter attacks from most of the classes in the game. (If they have a 1-2 weapon either they can't double or no crits plus you could just capture a unit without a 1-2 weapon) And for the classes that are locked to 1-2/2 weapons, they are mostly defence weak ie, ninjas, probably spell-casters and maids/butlers as well, even darkmages seem to have less defence than in awakening. And for surviving you just need to survive one round to get healed, theres no reason to capture while surrounded by bad guys. Capturing units is just like feeding kills really.

Why would being an archer be a problem for capturing purposes? In most cases it would make it easier, as you can double attack/get crits, while not having to worry about counter attacks from most of the classes in the game. (If they have a 1-2 weapon either they can't double or no crits plus you could just capture a unit without a 1-2 weapon) And for the classes that are locked to 1-2/2 weapons, they are mostly defence weak ie, ninjas, probably spell-casters and maids/butlers as well, even darkmages seem to have less defence than in awakening. And for surviving you just need to survive one round to get healed, theres no reason to capture while surrounded by bad guys. Capturing units is just like feeding kills really.

Cause if you mess up somehow, Zero could be put in danger or even killed. It's true that the no counterattack from anyone without a ranged weapon would make it easier than having to get up close and personal, since Zero can't attack at close range, it could very well leave him in a bad position if anything happens and you don't capture.

Cause if you mess up somehow, Zero could be put in danger or even killed. It's true that the no counterattack from anyone without a ranged weapon would make it easier than having to get up close and personal, since Zero can't attack at close range, it could very well leave him in a bad position if anything happens and you don't capture.

i said you don't have to capture in the heat of combat so you could just capture units who are alone, or use a weaponless meat shield or use choke points, also being unable to counter attack actually makes you less vulnerable on the enemy phase, not more. as you can't kill your opponents leaving at max four 1 range units able to attack you per turn and with decent positioning, you should be able to easily lower that.

At least capture this time most likely won't be as hazardous like in FE5 where you got your stats halved, so if you plan carefully it would still work. Though obviously it'd require you to train Zero and Orochi a bit.

i said you don't have to capture in the heat of combat so you could just capture units who are alone, or use a weaponless meat shield or use choke points, also being unable to counter attack actually makes you less vulnerable on the enemy phase, not more. as you can't kill your opponents leaving at max four 1 range units able to attack you per turn and with decent positioning, you should be able to easily lower that.

That's fair, about not having to do it in the thick of combat. I get worried having units like that out in places not closely guarded, but I guess with the pair-up mechanic and a good bit of support levels, he could survive if something goes awry. I'm probably still going to get Zero killed somehow while trying to capture, I assure you

^ sticking a knight/general,ect on him in guard stance should help, a defence stat boost would not be a bad idea either.

As long as he can survive and do damage he should be fine capturing people. The various seal skills would also be quite helpful as long as your user of the skill won't kill the guy.

Edited by goodperson707

^ sticking a knight/general,ect on him in guard stance should help, a defence stat boost would not be a bad idea either.

As long as he can survive and do damage he should be fine capturing people. The various seal skills would also be quite helpful as long as your user of the skill won't kill the guy.

Yeah, it's like when you baby a character to have them swoop in and grab the last xp. Only you have them swoop in and kidnap someone instead.

My only major concern is that if the character who captures dies, then there is no one left to capture with.

Most people restart the chapter or the game, but new players who try classic mode would be left without a means to capture, if they save after a battle where Orochi or Zero die. Veteran players know better, but new players (like my friend) generally don't.

It seems like such an important mechanic, and it seems like such a waste to limit it to only two characters...

It's kind of cheating but you should be able to get one of them through My Castle, from another player.

I wonder if there'd be something like the spotpass characters again, considering that Einherjar shop? You could end up with some other people sharing that skill there. Probably not happening though, considering how in Awakening's case it was confirmed much earlier than this.

Edited by NeonZ

My only major concern is that if the character who captures dies, then there is no one left to capture with.

Most people restart the chapter or the game, but new players who try classic mode would be left without a means to capture, if they save after a battle where Orochi or Zero die. Veteran players know better, but new players (like my friend) generally don't.

It seems like such an important mechanic, and it seems like such a waste to limit it to only two characters...

Perhaps there may be generics who can learn to Capture also.

That's fair, about not having to do it in the thick of combat. I get worried having units like that out in places not closely guarded, but I guess with the pair-up mechanic and a good bit of support levels, he could survive if something goes awry. I'm probably still going to get Zero killed somehow while trying to capture, I assure you

I think one good thing is at the very least a Pegasus Knights/Warriors will be extremely easy for Zero to capture and just happen to be a unit that Nohr appears to lack. He also has weapon triangle advantage over Pegasi, Ninjas and Lancers. Hoshido Samurai and lesser so spellcasters will probably the units that Zero may have have trouble capturing.

Not really, considering the prison itself is an optional building, even. The game doesn't look balanced around capture so far. (Tharcia had capture as the player's main source of item acquisition, which already does not appear to be the case in if)

Not really, considering the prison itself is an optional building, even. The game doesn't look balanced around capture so far. (Tharcia had capture as the player's main source of item acquisition, which already does not appear to be the case in if)

I agree that the game likely wasn't balanced around capture. However, prisons being an "optional building" doesn't mean much. The weapon shops also are optional, but I doubt the game was balanced around the player never using them.

Edited by NeonZ