Do you think BK actually MEANT to kill Greil?

Dragoncat

At least the disconnect of BK's character can be headcanon-explained, there's nothing at all that could possibly fix the hole made by RD's flashback scene that reveals that he knew Mist would most likely be holding onto the medallion. Now everything he did in PoR makes no sense and is pointless.

Well at least when he was working for Ashnard he did keep going after Ike and his group for the medallion and did threaten to go after Mist after he killed Griel. Remember he had to retreat because Caineghas (spelling) the lion king guy had come who presented a viable threat to him.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite. In fact, what was left of the Begnion occupation force was just about to kill Micaiah when the Black Knight showed up.

Sephiran was going to have them all executed, though. Technically the occupation was still there but you know what I meant, Numida's rule was over.

Edited by kantoorfarina

Well at least when he was working for Ashnard he did keep going after Ike and his group for the medallion and did threaten to go after Mist after he killed Griel. Remember he had to retreat because Caineghas (spelling) the lion king guy had come who presented a viable threat to him.

That doesn't work. No explanation works. Why? Here what should have happened when taking the RD scene into account:

The Black Knight, knowing that Mist is the most likely person to have the medallion, casually strolls into Ike and co.'s base, which he can do at any time because he can literally warp anywhere. So he takes the medallion from Mist, maybe kills her and whoever else tries to get in his way, it's not like they can do anything to him, and gives it to Ashnard. Then Ashera is released and nukes humanity just like Lehran wanted.

The only reason for this to not happen is if BK never had any reason to even consider that anyone in Ike's group would have the medallion. So this is probably the biggest hole in Path of Radiance that was created by Radiant Dawn.

Orrrrrr, the Black Knight had to kill him because Greil knows who he really is.

He would probably singlehandedly ruin Lehran's plans. No way that he could let Greil get away with that.

Not really, because the BK intended to face Greil since the beginning. I don't remember FE9's story very well, but I recall the BK has a grudge toward Greil for abandoning his past life, and that the BK wishes to prove himself and surpass his former master. Whoever made the Young Toguro reference is a genius.

Then FE10 kicks in and I don't even know anymore if his hidden agenda in FE9 made any sense.

The Black Knight, knowing that Mist is the most likely person to have the medallion, casually strolls into Ike and co.'s base, which he can do at any time because he can literally warp anywhere. So he takes the medallion from Mist, maybe kills her and whoever else tries to get in his way, it's not like they can do anything to him, and gives it to Ashnard. Then Ashera is released and nukes humanity just like Lehran wanted.

You know, I'd really like a mix between FE10 and FE9's story (sans events that necessarily have to happen in the future, like Micaiah and Pelleas' roles), where Ashnard is still alive and kicking when Ashera is released, and she awakens right next to the peak of FE9's climax.

Edited by Rapier

• 2 weeks later...

That doesn't work. No explanation works. Why? Here what should have happened when taking the RD scene into account:

The only reason for this to not happen is if BK never had any reason to even consider that anyone in Ike's group would have the medallion. So this is probably the biggest hole in Path of Radiance that was created by Radiant Dawn.

Well he couldn't just stroll in at any time because:

1.) The warp of his drains him (and it probably depends on distance). He said so himself when talking to Ashnard.

2.)He serves as Zelgius to Begnion and the Black Knight to Daein. It would be hard to do whatever he wants whenever he pleases, especially if he didn't want to be found out.

3.)The Medallion can affect him too if he touches it. And I'm pretty sure a quick get away would be hard with Greil around.

4.)Even if Mist had it, it doesn't mean she keeps the medallion with her. She does, but BK doesn't know that and it was a risk he probably couldn't take.

5.)I think he cared about his own goals before Ashnard's. If he really cared about the medallion so much, he would kill Ike and Mist no problem and take it. But he doesn't. Instead, he kinda toys with Ike until their final fight in PoR.

......you know what, I think RD just messed up some plot points that need more attention. ...*sigh*...It saddens me the more I think about this stuff (as truthful as it possibly may be)... :'(

Well he couldn't just stroll in at any time because:

1.) The warp of his drains him (and it probably depends on distance). He said so himself when talking to Ashnard.

2.)He serves as Zelgius to Begnion and the Black Knight to Daein. It would be hard to do whatever he wants whenever he pleases, especially if he didn't want to be found out.

3.)The Medallion can affect him too if he touches it. And I'm pretty sure a quick get away would be hard with Greil around.

4.)Even if Mist had it, it doesn't mean she keeps the medallion with her. She does, but BK doesn't know that and it was a risk he probably couldn't take.

5.)I think he cared about his own goals before Ashnard's. If he really cared about the medallion so much, he would kill Ike and Mist no problem and take it. But he doesn't. Instead, he kinda toys with Ike until their final fight in PoR.

1)Not enough that it would be anywhere near implausible for him to just show up and take it.

2)He has enough time to somehow be Zelgius and the Black Knight, he could just use his already existing BK time.

3)The medallion ends up in Ashnard's hands anyway in PoR, just late in the story. It was delivered wrapped in a cloth. I'm sure BK can figure that out. Let's say he fights Greil before he goes for the medallion and it plays out like normal, Greil is dead after that and BK can just show up where the G. Mercs are at soon after they leave Gallia.

4)What risk? There is no risk. BK is literally invincible, he can kill all of the G. Mercs with no repercussions. There's no reason he wouldn't show up and look for it if he knew they might have it.

5)He cares about helping Lehran achieve his goals above all else though. That's why he became the BK in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

The Black Knight's loyalty, if he had any, was firstly to Sephiran and secondly to Ashnard, and Sephiran didn't want Ashnard to get the Fire Emblem.

From Ike's memory scene: "It appears the medallion was too much for Lord Ashnard. It would be unwise to allow him access to it again.”

Letting Mist keep the Fire Emblem, while making a big show of trying to steal it, was the best way of carrying out Sephiran's orders while pretending to carry out Ashnard's.

Edited by Paper Jam

The Black Knight's loyalty, if he had any, was firstly to Sephiran and secondly to Ashnard, and Sephiran didn't want Ashnard to get the Fire Emblem.

From Ike's memory scene: "It appears the medallion was too much for Lord Ashnard. It would be unwise to allow him access to it again.”

Letting Mist keep the Fire Emblem, while making a big show of trying to steal it, was the best way of carrying out Sephiran's orders while pretending to carry out Ashnard's.

However Sephiran does tell Ike that he directly ordered BK to seize the medallion from Greil. Even when he denies ordering Greil's death he is still honest about this.

And yet he had BK help Ashnard at all, plus

However Sephiran does tell Ike that he directly ordered BK to seize the medallion from Greil. Even when he denies ordering Greil's death he is still honest about this.

....Dammit did that memory scene make another hole too