What's the deal with Aqua's lance?

^But what type of personal weapon? The "is good against infantry and cavalry" type or the "plot relevant weapon of legend" type?

The same as Kamuis Yatogami type whatever that is

It's a shame that despite their seemingly plot-importance, the only "legendary weapons" the names of which we've learned so far are Yatogami and Ryouma's katana.

It's a shame that despite their seemingly plot-importance, the only "legendary weapons" the names of which we've learned so far are Yatogami and Ryouma's katana.

Oh? We know the name of Ryouma's weapon?

Maybe Marx' blade won't have a name, although the magical energy suggests otherwise.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/may-2015-nintendo-direct/ND-if-3105-015.jpg

雷神刀 (lit. Thunder God Katana)

Though I'm not sure what the correct reading would be.

Well would you look at that...a pretty dull name but hey, whatever.

My guess would be "Raijintou", seeing as that Raijin is a Thunder God. Then again, I've stated numerous times that my Japanese is pretty bad, so I'm most likely wrong.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/may-2015-nintendo-direct/ND-if-3105-015.jpg

雷神刀 (lit. Thunder God Katana)

Though I'm not sure what the correct reading would be.

Hmm... that's weird because there is a generic 神雷の薙刀 (divine thunder naginata) weapon. At least it appears to be generic because it was sold in the My Castle weapon shop.

Edited by Bovinian

Hmm... that's weird because there is a generic 神雷の薙刀 (divine thunder naginata) weapon. At least it appears to be generic because it was sold in the My Castle weapon shop.

I think that one's the naginata version of the Levin Sword since the two have the exact same description, weapon rank, and price. Their stats are almost identical too:

サンダーソード (Levin Sword): 11 Mt / 80 Hit / 0 Crit / -20 Avo / 1-2 range / C-rank Sword / 3300 G

Magic-based weapon / Cannot critical.

神雷の薙刀 (God Thunder? Naginata): 11 Mt / 70 Hit / 0 Crit / -20 Avo / 1-2 range / C-rank Naginata / 3300 G

Magic-based weapon / Cannot critical.

Edited by Ryo

I think that one's the naginata version of the Levin Sword since the two have the exact same description, weapon rank, and price. Their stats are almost identical too:

Yeah that was my thread haha. But if you have a sword and naginata version of the same weapon, wouldn't you expect there to be a katana version as well? Especially since the name of Ryouma's weapon is so similar to that of the naginata.

Legendary weapon that she acquires later kinda like how Sumia has the Luna lance in her portrait but doesn't have it from the start.

Sumia holding Luna in her portrait was a random aesthetic choice. Aqua's lance most likely has some plot significance.

The way Aqua holds her lance in her portraits makes it seem like some holy artifact that is purely ornamental in function at the beginning, but near the end of the game its true power is unlocked and is key to defeating the final dark god or some shit. Imo it looks too pretty to skewer generic enemies with as you would with a rapier.

It's okay to have a character wielding exotic or high ranking weapons in their official art but isn't kind of, I don't know, sloppy to have them holding a non-basic weapon in their portrait? It's like, "BEHOLD! This magnificent, legendary weapon... that I don't actually possess."

Edited by NekoKnight

Just for reference guys, Nohr and Hoshido have a lot of "equivalent" weapons.

The major difference is that there are slight stat changes because of "Naginata" = "Lance" and "Katana" = "Sword".

And that Hoshido is Japanese inspired, so most of their weapons will be Kanji.

...I was just surprised that their Japanese names are displayed with katakana rather than kanji.

...I just thought Aqua's lance was a Brave Lance at first.

*Shrug*

Better than her wielding a Javelin like in the My Castle trailer in her Official Art.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I dunno... Durandal, Armads and the Sword of Seals are all pretty late game and seem to be featured prominently in their respective character arts from what I recall.

...I would honestly be more surprised if it was NOT a unique weapon as she seems almost like a Lord unit in terms of plot so far.

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

fire_emblem_if__choose_a_side___analysis

Just looking at this, it's obvious that the weapon's legendary, since we can see light emanating from it. Maybe it's a divine weapon that's highly effective against those Nosferatu that we saw before? Sort of like the Sacred Weapons of Sacred Stones were all effective against monsters?

Edited by Pacack