New FE:if Introduction Trailer

Lushiris

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White background = Hoshido, Black = Nohr

On the 3DS? Cause when you were fighting Nohr,(Camilla, Elise, and Leon's sprites were red) the background was black and I don't think you fight them in the Nohr route.

This rule clearly doesn't work for pre-decision footage though, which this could very well be.

Edited by Cysx

Unfortunately, even that logic doesn't omit the possibility of it being from before selecting a side.

ussHDGP.jpgXA41j3m.jpg

Edit: Whoops. Beaten to it.

Edited by sforzur

I wonder how tough pair up bosses will be. If we killed one the other would just show up.

I feel like we're guaranteed to have to face off against the opposing royal siblings paired up. I'm more curious if bosses will try to pair up with their minions or vice versa.

BTW is it confirmed Attack Stance results in your partner attacking 100% of the time?

Ice magic is probs returning. During the guard stance section, Felcia's dagger emits snowflakes when fighting with Gunther. Furthermore, Orochi's ice rat spell has ice too. Maybe Ice magic is returning.

Ice magic is probs returning. During the guard stance section, Felcia's dagger emits snowflakes when fighting with Gunther. Furthermore, Orochi's ice rat spell has ice too. Maybe Ice magic is returning.

It's because it's better than light magic.

tumblr_npqel1kUqZ1rmzb08o1_640.png

More than halfway done.

I need a break.

I'm also a little miffed about the one anon on Tumblr that said utterly disgusting things to "motivate me" to translate the 7 minute intro video.

Sometimes, you just gotta ignore the entitled little princesses of the world. I'm truly sorry that this happened to you.

marx why are you looking at me like that stahp, marx this is becoming harder to choose, staaaaahp.

leon why are you leering at me like that stahp, leon why are you telling me to atone with my death, staaaaaahp

I'm gonna have extreme trouble avoiding spoilers.

At the risk of sounding like an entitled little she-dog, I wish that they'd be able to get the English versions in sooner.

(By any chance, are you also Flare Sorrow from GameFAQs?)

Marx: Wait a moment--

Leon: Whatever you say, Father. -blasts him-

Whether or not it was the same route, or even the same scene, it certainly was perfect timing, and I laughed pretty hard at it, too. Leon is shaping up to be probably the worst sibling to go against after the betrayal. Though Takumi and his legion of archers behind him might make Kamui into a Hedgehog Lord 2.0. I guess it's a matter of how you'd prefer to go out?

I really can't wait to see how Leon turns out. The fact that he has super-sadist Zero under his command - combined with that awful leer and death threat in the commercial - really makes me wonder.

^ yeah it feels early on to me, but you have a point Suzukaze could just be the games favourite punchbag.

Maybe he serves as comic relief? In Felicia's cooking scene, he was the only one reduced to the point of screaming for a medic.

I really can't wait to see how Leon turns out. The fact that he has super-sadist Zero under his command - combined with that awful leer and death threat in the commercial - really makes me wonder.

I mean he is a dark knight. Heavens forbid they be a bit morbid.

Oh man, I'm glad I'm not the only one who laughed after Leon just threw Rinka and Suzukaze out of the way with his magic while Marx was all like "WHUT!?" after Garon told him to execute Kamui.

It's very telling of their personalities. Marx is pretty chivalrous and honourable, but that Leon is one hilariously cold bastard. Guess he doesn't take being slighted very well... And just before that, I was thinking otherwise because of the scene in the TV CM where he seemed to be smiling with the rest of his siblings when Kamui showed up.

Are we sure Leon was attacking Kamui, though? I know Rinka jumped out of there pretty quickly. Maybe Leon was protecting Kamui from Rinka or trying to get her away from Kamui.

I thought those scenes took place during the Nohr route. (The black 3DS showcases Nohr scenes and the white Hoshido, right? Or was there no reason for them switching 3DSs throughout the trailer?)

Are we sure Leon was attacking Kamui, though? I know Rinka jumped out of there pretty quickly. Maybe Leon was protecting Kamui from Rinka or trying to get her away from Kamui.

I thought those scenes took place during the Nohr route. (The black 3DS showcases Nohr scenes and the white Hoshido, right? Or was there no reason for them switching 3DSs throughout the trailer?)

To answer the second question, I don't think so. At one point in the latest introduction video, Leon, Camilla, and Elisa were all enemies while the Hoshidan forces were allies and the 3DS was black. So there's no real reason, but it's usually consistent with the sides all the same.

Plus it shows that Kamui seems to be injured against Leon's attack, since he kinda staggers. Also, Leon attacked Suzukaze at the same instance when we're told Suzukaze is an ally in both routes. One more thing, Garon tells Marx to execute Kamui with a black 3DS background.

Edited by DualMix

To answer the second question, I don't think so. At one point in the latest introduction video, Leon, Camilla, and Elisa were all enemies while the Hoshidan forces were allies and the 3DS was black. So there's no real reason, but it's usually consistent with the sides all the same.

Plus it shows that Kamui seems to be injured against Leon's attack, since he kinda staggers. Also, Leon attacked Suzukaze at the same instance when we're told Suzukaze is an ally in both routes. One more thing, Garon tells Marx to execute Kamui with a black 3DS background.

Well that sucks. I was hoping there was a way to pinpoint which scenes belong to which routes.

I think the execution scene could still work for the Nohr route, though. It could be Garon wants Kamui dead since Kamui is stirring things up within Nohr and orders Marx to kill him. Garon could be testing how loyal Marx is to him. Maybe that's when Marx finally sees what's to his dad and decides to join Kamui in revolutionizing Nohr.

Not that we have much to go by, but Marx looks completely surprised by the order. It's almost like it comes out of no where for him. If Kamui had defected to Hoshido, and then had been recaptured by Nohr, I'd think Marx would've been less shocked and more prepared for the possibility of executing Kamui for being a traitor. But this is just speculating about a scene that lasted a few seconds and there's not really any context. I could very well be wrong.

Edited by Sir Frederick

The Garon execution line seems to have the purple tinted textbox that Nohr route has.

When I found this on youtube, I tried to understand it by turning on Japanese Captions, and translating them, and at one point in the trailer, it said (after translation) "I was born in the Midnight Sun synchronus (Hoshido), the Hero who was brought up in Cheap Horse (lol, Nohr?)"

Edit: Okay, even later, the translation said : "Soy sauce able to discern old Koyadaira Mr. Nickname correctly" when it zoomed in on the bow underneath the theif/archer guy with an eyepatch around 2:55 in the trailer

Edited by AwesomeSauce

The Garon execution line seems to have the purple tinted textbox that Nohr route has.

Eh. Could be that Nohr characters have that, while Hoshido's are lighter.

^ so they have a middle of the road text box that only seems to show up presplit because?

Oh. And cyrus has two different text boxes on two different maps, might of wanted to lead with that.

Edited by goodperson707

Here's my compilation of characters. Tell me if I missed anyone (besides Robin and Lucina)!

WTkhIZa.png

Okay, while looking for something completely different, I realized that this new armor knight is most likely Benoit. What little we got to see of his sprite matches, even the... chest. It's small, but still. It's visible in Charlotte's bio, and on the official site.

Eh. Could be that Nohr characters have that, while Hoshido's are lighter.

This is already disproven. In the April Direct trailer, if you side with Hoshido, it's shown that ALL text boxes are green-tinted and on the Nohr side, all text boxes are tinted purple. It is not character-dependent. So it's pretty much confirmed that the execution scene is on the Nohr path.

This is already disproven. In the April Direct trailer, if you side with Hoshido, it's shown that ALL text boxes are green-tinted and on the Nohr side, all text boxes are tinted purple. It is not character-dependent. So it's pretty much confirmed that the execution scene is on the Nohr path.

Hm. So I guess instead of all of the siblings joining you right away, maybe only Camilla and Elise, or just Elise, join you right away. Then you slowly start to add more siblings, until Marx is the only one who'll stand by his father.

Still, I think when Leon attacks it's on the Hoshido route as there's no text box to prove it or not and the 3DS not being an accurate representation of what side you're on.

^ well it is not a perfect indicator, the nohr siblings could be red by default on that map, but yeh. Anyway my money is on pre-split as there is another scene with sazukaze and nohr siblings that is also pre split. Also i just noticed that he also seems to have that weird purple sword as well.