New FE:if Introduction Trailer

Lushiris

Of the other shapeshifters in the series, they're either some sort of girl (Myrrh), drop-dead sexy (Volug, Tibarn), Really Friggin' Huge (Skrimir), or elderly (Bantu). I suppose the Nohr shifter will fall under drop-dead sexy. I hope.

Also Xane, who just looks like a girl.

Unless you want to put him in the drop-dead sexy category, I guess.

Edited by Espella

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks pretty dope, I'm even more excited now!

However, Kamui seems to be a typical boring, bland anime self-insert character with flashy moves. I really, really hate flashy moves like that.

Also Xane, who just looks like a girl.

Unless you want to put him in the drop-dead sexy category, I guess.

Xane can transform into ANYONE. He can turn himself into drop-dead sexy!

(now if only he'd stop turning into a little girl)

This looks pretty dope, I'm even more excited now!

However, Kamui seems to be a typical boring, bland anime self-insert character with flashy moves. I really, really hate flashy moves like that.

I don't know about bland. . .not when you're telling His Highness that no, you are not going to kill the good-looking dude in front of you.

e168dfa959f1f5474fe586429ecd0233.png

In this picture, I noticed something. It may just be that the image isn't very crisp, but look at Zero's face and the face of the enemy pegasus. She looks scared, like she knows she's about to get destroyed by an arrow, and Zero looks a bit happy that it's going to be his arrow that does it. Does this mean the character portraits are going to react to the weapons triangle, or am I just looking way too into it?

EDIT: You can see that her health bar is all the way up, so it couldn't be that she's just low on HP, she genuinely looks scared.

I noticed the same thing. Check this out:

LL8Pcov.png

See, at first everyone thought Kazahana was one of those "Brock-Archtype" characters who always had their eyes closed or whatever. But, in the trailer after this one, she was seen with her eyes open. Furthermore, this generic thief's expression seems like he's seen better days. So, I can only assume this is her "happy" portrait.

So, I think this is sufficient evidence to say that the character portraits definitely change in regards to weapon type advantages, and probably to low health situations regardless of weapons equipped (maybe low health will include a sweat drop, or something).

Round large nose, VERY wide body. They threw werewolf and werebear in a blender.

I think it looks awesome! Get hyped for the werebearwolf!

Looks like he's the blue haired guy next to Ike and below Mozume. Oddly his outfit looks quite Nohrian, to me at least, despite him only being seen with Hoshido units. Nice to get a proper look at him either way though.

Edited by capmalachi

Looks like he's the blue haired guy next to Ike and below Mozume. Oddly his outfit looks quite Nohrian, to me at least, despite him only being seen with Hoshido units. Nice to get a proper look at him either way though.

You're right, I couldn't tell cuz he was blurry and being over the luchadore distracted me.

I had his outfit pegged as Hoshidan tho, only the collar bit looks Nohrish to me.

Now that I look at it I think someone standing behind him made me think his collar was bigger than it actually is. Meaning he looks even hoshidier to me.

Edited by Eveangaline

LL8Pcov.png

See, at first everyone thought Kazahana was one of those "Brock-Archtype" characters who always had their eyes closed or whatever. But, in the trailer after this one, she was seen with her eyes open. Furthermore, this generic thief's expression seems like he's seen better days. So, I can only assume this is her "happy" portrait.

So, I think this is sufficient evidence to say that the character portraits definitely change in regards to weapon type advantages, and probably to low health situations regardless of weapons equipped (maybe low health will include a sweat drop, or something).

I think the pained/happy expressions indicate your anticipated damage. For example, if you would take over half of your health in an attack, you have the painful expression and if you don't you have the happy expression. This is supported by another screenshot that showed both Kamui AND his enemy having a pained expression, despite the two of them having full health.

dengeki2105-2_zpsjm20yy8z.jpg

Okay, we are definitely entering the "too many spoilers" phase right now.

... so from reading the thread, here's things that I noticed I didn't see people mention:

-Takumi's dual attack damage is abnormally high

-Zero is supposed to hit for 29 damage but the game displays 27. Doesn't seem like it's another battle, since the location matches perfectly.

-During the part where Camilla uses her Dragon's vein, we can see that the duel between Ryouma and Marx is almost over, and Marx is greyed-out. The location of their battle is also different than what we've seen before, to the north-east of the last one to be precise.

-Kamui is also visible during that scene, on the far right after the Dragon's vein. Considering the dialog box of the Nohr siblings is brown, but the battle seems to be reaching its culminating point and Ryouma and Saizou appear as allies, this scene makes guessing how the decision chapter will go considerably more difficult.

-At 2:04, female dark mages are mixed-up with male ones. This confirms that not every generic dark mage is female, and in general, that generic enemy classes may be unisex.

-There is a new female armor knight on the lower left at 4:10(although Aethin put her on his list already, I thought a lot of people might have missed her)

-Some enemies are seen dropping their weapon on the ground upon death(like Kamui does), at 2:57 and 3:05

I think that's it.

I'm a bit surprised noone in this thread has mentioned the phenomenal BGMs yet! That was really the part of this trailer that got me most hyped! I especially liked the BGM that plays from 1:12 to 2:24, and I can't wait to hear the full version.

Awakening had a good soundtrack, but if this trailer is any indication, I feel like If's is looking to be even better.

I'm not particularly surprised at the >60 classes thing, to be honest. Awakening already had over 40, so with the Nohr-Hoshido split 60 classes sounds about right.

Ooh, this is looking so awesome. Ryouma being more hot by being in the hot spring too. Oh boy. <3

Another fan of Ryouma-kun!? You have good taste!

LL8Pcov.png

I think the pained/happy expressions indicate your anticipated damage. For example, if you would take over half of your health in an attack, you have the painful expression and if you don't you have the happy expression. This is supported by another screenshot that showed both Kamui AND his enemy having a pained expression, despite the two of them having full health.

dengeki2105-2_zpsjm20yy8z.jpg

Interesting. That's a pretty neat touch if this turns out to be the case.

So, Leon tells Camilla to use dragon vein to dry up the river, right? But, he also has that ability doesn't he? Makes me wonder if each sibling has one kind of effect that they can use dragon vein for. Would certainly be interesting. So like, Camilla can use fire effects, while Leon can use whatever that tree counts as. Kamui'd get everything though.

Anyway I wonder what's up with the big red explanation mark over the map's boss at the 2:42 mark. He seems to just be a generic boss so I don't think it means he's recruitable or anything.

So, Leon tells Camilla to use dragon vein to dry up the river, right? But, he also has that ability doesn't he? Makes me wonder if each sibling has one kind of effect that they can use dragon vein for. Would certainly be interesting. So like, Camilla can use fire effects, while Leon can use whatever that tree counts as. Kamui'd get everything though.

That looks like magic though, there're magic effects.

That looks like magic though, there're magic effects.

I missed the runes the first time, but looking closer he doesn't seem to be reading from a tome and, well, dragon vein is clearly magical in some sense. Maybe it just comes with runes as well? I don't remember any tome that summons a tree either. Either way, even if that really is just a spell, my idea about each sibling having different dragon vein abilities still stands. The idea greatly interests me for some reason.

Well IS has redeemed itself for that terrible Nintendo direct from before. Things to note. We got many intense story scenes so yes the story will have a main focus in the game. We got a new shapeshifter who transforms into a wolf lion. And of course we got new characters, I really like Zero along with the wolf shape shifter right now, can't say I'm a fan of the new female dark mage (not nyx) along with the brown haired lancer girl.