Puppeteer class

XialonWind

as a promotion of ninja which would be the hoshidan replacement of theif it might be like a mounted trickster being able to move good distances and not as attack focused as whatever the assassin replacement is

^ with +4 attack, +3 defences and only plus one in speed/luck/skill it doesn't seem very trickster like. More like a jack of all stats 7 movement attacker/debuffer option as with ninjas bases it still seems to have good speed/skill, I do notice that the two main speedster classes in Hoshido both seem to have a slower but stronger and bulkier option (relatively speaking of course), un-like myrms and thieves in awakening.

Edited by goodperson707

My first reaction to seeing Puppeteer in the trailer was unbelief, jawdrop and hysterical laughing fit. In my defense I at first thought we had a new funny mount akin to ridable Camel/Ostrich ideas I've seen flying around.

The idea of riding a puppet you're controlling is rather interesting. Though that doesn't sound too speedy to me... What was its movement?

And we seem to be looking at a mounted class with no clear weakness? Or will it somehow count as armored? Which would make sense since this far all armored classes are on Nohr side.

It probably has 7 movement, since Ninjas start with 5 and Kagerou gained 2 upon promotion.

I was... surprised too when I saw it. It definitely seems "different" to what I'd expect XD

I'm quite curious to see how it fights, considering the hands are used to control the puppet. We see it unmounted right after it promotes though, so maybe the puppet is only used for movement...?

That would be peculiar.

Edited by Cysx

I'm quite curious to see how it fights, considering the hands are used to control the puppet. We see it unmounted right after it promotes though, so maybe the puppet is only used for movement...?

That would be peculiar.

I think they'll use one hand to control the puppet and one hand to attack with their weapon. I wonder what their second weapon (if they have one) will be. Lance to imitate cavaliers?

So it pretty much confirms the guy with glasses starts out as one since Kagerou can reclass into one and same outfit I'm wondering how it will be use maybe a more defensive suppot unit.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/feif-intro-x11.jpg

Speaking of this picture, who's standing behind him? I doubt he has 3 legs lol

I hope that this class uses Magic, cuz it seems to fit with the Talisman things and the whole mystical thing that the puppet had going on with it. Overall, was a little bit shocked when this class got revealed, especially being a promotion of Ninja, I'm sure that the other Ninja promotion will be Assassin though.

Edited by HappyHawlucha

as a promotion of ninja which would be the hoshidan replacement of theif it might be like a mounted trickster being able to move good distances and not as attack focused as whatever the assassin replacement is

I'd actually say that the bowman is the hoshido equivalent of the thief,since thiefs are now locked to bows and are nohr-exclusive while the only bowman that we've seen so far is Takumi,who is from the Hoshido site.

Overall there is almost always a counterpart on each side for each niche.

Knights vs Lancers for lances

Fighters vs Onis for Axes

Mercenaries vs Samurais for Swords

dark mages vs Spellcasters for magic

Rod knight vs Priest/Priestess for staves

Wyvern Riders vs Pegasus warriors for flyers

Ninjas don't really seem to have a clear nohr-equivalent(as butlers/maids are promoted classes),just like cavaliers don't seem to have a hoshido equivalent.(which more or less would make the Ninja the counterpart of the cavalier,but that comparison seems a bit weird to me)

Always glad to see interesting new classes. I'm really liking the design of the puppet itself.

*Looks at image*

Where's the puppet, again? I don't see it.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I'd actually say that the bowman is the hoshido equivalent of the thief,since thiefs are now locked to bows and are nohr-exclusive while the only bowman that we've seen so far is Takumi,who is from the Hoshido site.

There is also Setsuna.

The idea of a puppet rider is really strange. I could see them only using Hidden Weapons since I can't really see them being able to using any other type of weapon while controlling that thing.

i'm going to be honest here, my immediate reaction to the reclass option was total disbelief, followed by hysterical laughter. it's ridiculous!

i love it. and am totally reminded of this:

it's a pretty interesting class idea, and i'm excited to see what exactly it does. and i'm interested in laughing at the puppet some more, because holy jesus christ.

There is also Setsuna.

The idea of a puppet rider is really strange. I could see them only using Hidden Weapons since I can't really see them being able to using any other type of weapon while controlling that thing.

It could be the puppet, not the rider, using the weapons.