Post-release Planning Thread

VincentASM

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I count less than 2 weeks until Fire Emblem if releases in Japan.

Now, I've witnessed a total of 6 Fire Emblem releases during my time (starting with The Sacred Stones) and I know things can get a bit hectic around the time of a game's release.

As such, I wanted to create this thread to discuss how everyone wants the upcoming post-release information to be organised.

In the past, we usually had one absolutely mammoth thread containing all the new findings. But in hindsight, although those threads were exciting, they were a pain to follow and an even bigger pain to find specific information.

This time around, I was hoping to have not one "mega" thread, but several smaller mega threads for specific information. Eg. characters, classes, items, chapters(?), storyline(?). (Feel free to suggest more.)

In addition, are there any volunteers who would like to manage said threads?

I will consider anyone for the task, but I would ideally want members who are fairly (or very) active and well-organised. These members would create the thread and routinely* update the first post with any major findings (such as by linking to specific posts within the thread).

EDIT: To clarify, you don't need to have imported the game(s). I won't have the game, but I'll be managing a thread.

(If you are getting the game, that would be a bonus, if you can tear yourself away from the game for a few moments that is : P)

* Like at least once a day during the first few weeks.

Note that these threads will be solely for the convenience of forums users. For example, you don't need to specifically format the information or forward it to me so I can add it to the main site. (I have my own sources, although I may visit the information threads if I need extra information.)

As a final note, for those who are actively avoiding Fire Emblem if spoilers, there will be something for you next week, most likely.

I know this is super late but I'd happily volunteer to manage anything related to one or all of these threads (as I've done enough moderation with SF's Mafia and Smash communities to have a bit of a background in it) if you still need a hand. Providing content and translating, I can't do, but I can organize and compiling data in OPs like a boss

Edited by Elieson

Is it alright for me to do the weapons thread (unless someone claimed it already)? (Sorry, this is the first time for me to manage a thread in general let alone create one, haha///)

Also a question but, for weapons (again, if no one claimed it already) should I say where/how it's obtainable in both routes and put a spoiler note if it's a story related weapon (like the exalted falchion) or something?

Is it alright for me to do the weapons thread (unless someone claimed it already)? (Sorry, this is the first time for me to manage a thread in general let alone create one, haha///)

Also a question but, for weapons (again, if no one claimed it already) should I say where/how it's obtainable in both routes and put a spoiler note if it's a story related weapon (like the exalted falchion) or something?

Items was just claimed today (by Bovinian) ^^

You can either ask to work together or find something else. Maybe one of you could do Hoshidan items and the other Nohrian. (In the same topic.)

Item locations are fine. It might get a busy though, so perhaps add the locations separately from the item lists?

Spoiler tagging things is 100% fine.

Here's what I've got so far:

Topics

1. Characters (profiles, classes, recruitment information, etc.)

2. Classes (equippable weapons, promotion branches etc.)

3. Items (weapon stats, random items, forging?)

4. Skills (who gets what and what they do)

5. My Castle (what you can build and all the various events; might be one of the bigger threads actually...)

6. Chapters (how many chapters, what's in them, bosses, etc.)

7. Supports (pairings, marriage, children, etc.).

8. Miscellaneous (anything that doesn't fit in the above, eg. gameplay mechanics, how the Hoshido/Nohr split works in practice)

Helpers

Skills - Shadow Stalker X

Supports - UnknownUber

Items - Bovinian

Classes? - Sky Soldier

Baldrick

Aqua

egobarrier

Lord HK

DualMix

Skarthe

Elieson

Ahhhh okay sorry I thought items and weapons were separate//

But either way, I can do whatever! I don't particularly mind, as long as it's nothing story spoiler-y related ;w;;;

I'll volunteer for My Castle (as it's totally gonna be intricate), and inevitably, enemy stat data for the American release

I'm not sure if you need a separate classes thread anymore since we have pretty much all of the normal classes given to us by Nintendo in those videos. The only things we don't know are skills (which is a separate thread), special classes such as Aqua/Azura's promotion (which are probably spoiler-tastic so should go under character thread) and promotion branches (which still fits, but since there are only a couple we don't know, do we really need a separate thread for that?).

I'll volunteer for My Castle (as it's totally gonna be intricate), and inevitably, enemy stat data for the American release

Sounds good.

I'm not sure if you need a separate classes thread anymore since we have pretty much all of the normal classes given to us by Nintendo in those videos. The only things we don't know are skills (which is a separate thread), special classes such as Aqua/Azura's promotion (which are probably spoiler-tastic so should go under character thread) and promotion branches (which still fits, but since there are only a couple we don't know, do we really need a separate thread for that?).

I assume people want to know max stats and stuff too, unless all classes have the same caps.

Well, I think we could try and see how it goes. If it doesn't get a lot of new info, then we can always drop it. But I guess it depends if it's a hassle to make and maintain in the first place : P

I feel we should have a general data dump thread for people to just run their mouths about things they see all at once and for misc things. People may want to post things live, so having something right at launch might be helpful in getting early details and sparking discussion before people settle down and separate things into their proper categories.

I feel we should have a general data dump thread for people to just run their mouths about things they see all at once and for misc things. People may want to post things live, so having something right at launch might be helpful in getting early details and sparking discussion before people settle down and separate things into their proper categories.

I second this,still not that familiar with the forum and such,a data dump thread would help a lot.

Eh, I know what you mean, but it kinda kills the point of having the separate threads.

This really is a race, huh?

I figured people could just find the specific thread and post in that. If they're going to spend time looking for the MEGA data dump thread, why not find the pinned individual mega threads at the top of the forum?

Maybe use the hype thread instead?

I second this,still not that familiar with the forum and such,a data dump thread would help a lot.

You really wanna sift through what will likely be 200 pages of unorganized discussion to figure out bits and pieces of info for your game?

As you saw I'll be translating various essential menus throughout the game.

I also plan on character recruitment methods and more importantly translating the profiles after I get them one by one.

Of course I would not mind collaborating with others on this. I have someone who will help me with a 3DS capture card so I can get clean screen shots of them, too.

My Castle will have plenty of menus, so perhaps we can collaborate on that aspect? : )

As you saw I'll be translating various essential menus throughout the game.

I also plan on character recruitment methods and more importantly translating the profiles after I get them one by one.

Of course I would not mind collaborating with others on this. I have someone who will help me with a 3DS capture card so I can get clean screen shots of them, too.

My Castle will have plenty of menus, so perhaps we can collaborate on that aspect? : )

If you still need me to do something, I can volunteer to manage Hoshido side characters.

I'll be pretty much borrowing you two since I don't actually have the game, I'll just be compiling and organizing screenshots/pic and information wutwut

This is likely very obvious, but for the threads detailing things like the storyline and the characters, since spoilers are naturally to be expected, you don't have to use spoiler tags within, but obviously, you must use tags elsewhere or not discuss it, right?

This is likely very obvious, but for the threads detailing things like the storyline and the characters, since spoilers are naturally to be expected, you don't have to use spoiler tags within, but obviously, you must use tags elsewhere or not discuss it, right?

Yeah, I think your common sense is on the dot here.

Or if the title specifically says there are spoilers, then you don't even have to mark spoilers (unless they're significant and you want to).

Yes, I planned to spoiler mark the title, but also use spoiler tags as a way to arrange them by chapter. This way, someone scrolling through wanting a translation could say, go to Chapter 4 and view just what is in that category,.I will assume they are skillful enough not to look at the discussion or a spoiler tag ahead of their own chapter by accident...

This way they can check order of recruitment and see the descriptions of who they are using without seeing anybody else.

For example:

Thread titles: Characters in Nohr [spoilers!] (not final)

Then:

Chapter 9:

Character description 1, 2, etc

Chapter 10

etc

Edited by Kirokan

So not for nothin, but shouldn't the sidebar on the main page just read "Fates" and not "Fire Emblem Fates"? It's not like Awakening says "Fire Emblem Awakening", or any of the others etc etc.