There's something wrong with the game when...

You finish it in 2 hours and don't feel like you missed much.

I did that yesterday because I was bored. My time to get to endgame was 1:53:25, and there was no way I took more than 2 minutes for Endgame. And I was playing pretty leisurely too. Several times, I took a break for a couple minutes to talk to someone.

But seriously, I just paired up Robin and Chrom, sent Robin Tactician->Pegasus Knight->Dark Flier and destroyed the game. So easy, and more importantly, that felt like what Awakening was supposed to be. A toy box of absurd power. Kinda sad, but true.

This was on Lunatic+, right?

No it was on hard. I know, I'm a wimp, but I'd never done a speed run before, and even though I knew this would be ridiculously easy anyway, I just felt like going with a super easy difficulty. The point wasn't really to challenge myself with a speedrun, but to see if I felt like I missed a whole lot by skipping all of the story. Which I didn't feel like.

Eh, my first save was around 8-9 hours or so. Kinda sad that you can finish it in even less.

Edited by B.Leu

Not the fastest speedrun out there -- Hard Classic can be cleared in less than an hour, even if you don't hold Down + A for in battle conversations for most of the time.

Wow. That's pretty impressive. I'm pretty sure I could've cut it to maybe 1:20, but sub-1 is pretty crazy.

Not the fastest speedrun out there -- Hard Classic can be cleared in less than an hour, even if you don't hold Down + A for in battle conversations for most of the time.

Down + A? Why do that when you can skip everything with Start?

Anyway, those convenience features are there for... Convenience. They let you experience exactly as much of the game as you'd like to. You can clear something like Sacred Stones with just as much effort, but it'll take longer because you can't do that. So I don't really see how the presence of convenience features is a problem- it's actually one of my favorite parts about the game.

My first playthrough (Normal/Cas, no Spotpass/DLC/Paralogues, occasional Risen) took 35 hours with no story skips and taking it easy. I think that's a fine amount of time for a playthrough.

Sacred Stones? What berserker druids...

That chapter where you fight Vigarde. There are two druids with berserker staffs puts in strategically points. 16 RES and a character still can be hitted on a % of 44.

Down + A? Why do that when you can skip everything with Start?

Anyway, those convenience features are there for... Convenience. They let you experience exactly as much of the game as you'd like to. You can clear something like Sacred Stones with just as much effort, but it'll take longer because you can't do that. So I don't really see how the presence of convenience features is a problem- it's actually one of my favorite parts about the game.

My first playthrough (Normal/Cas, no Spotpass/DLC/Paralogues, occasional Risen) took 35 hours with no story skips and taking it easy. I think that's a fine amount of time for a playthrough.

That doesn't apply to certain battles, mainly certain boss battles that would have the boss speak (Gangrel, Walhart, Validar, Aversa) even if you have animations turned off and even if you have other actions set to Skip. You CAN'T use the Start button to skip the conversation but you can use Down + A to rapid scroll so you can then press the start button right afterwards. Also, the player who performed the speedrun in a livestream didn't even know about Down + A so he wound up having to manually press just A to get through the conversations until late in the speedrun.

Edited by Roflolxp54