So [Smash Leak character] is pretty much confirmed to get an amiibo!

XialonWind

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please edit out the spoilers in the title. At least until he's officially revealed.

Edited by Sunwoo

could probably just mention "E3 leak essentially confirms new amiibo [E3 spoilers]"

Edited by Euklyd

Marth and Ike didn't get special designs, what are you talking about? It's just their Smash 4 and RD designs, respectively. :/

Marth's design was taken from Shadow Dragon/New Mystery, just as how Ike's design was taken from Radiant Dawn

I believe he meant redesigns

Marth and Ike didn't get special designs, what are you talking about? It's just their Smash 4 and RD designs, respectively. :/

There was an e3 leak basically confirming Roy with a mix of his FE6 and FE13 designs. Why a mix when Ike and Marth drew directly from 10 and 12? No idea.

learn to read please I said in the new game awakening didn't give them any...

Uh, what? Firstly, you don't need to be rude. Second, I'm saying that the new game isn't giving them any either. It's just reusing their most recent non-Awakening designs.

Edited by Anacybele

ugh Roy is getting added to smash bros? Great just what we needed a clone of a clone. Couldn't it be something cooler like aqua. Well that's my day ruined

ugh Roy is getting added to smash bros? Great just what we needed a clone of a clone. Couldn't it be something cooler like aqua. Well that's my day ruined

My reaction, pretty much (though my day has been ruined by multiple things, not just this)... Not to mention I hate when stuff leaks too. The new FE game might be too recent for Kamui or Aqua to be added at this point though.

Edited by Anacybele

My reaction, pretty much (though my day has been ruined by multiple things, not just this)... Not to mention I hate when stuff leaks too. The new FE game might be too recent for Kamui or Aqua to be added at this point though.

You know who else happened to be added to Smash (Melee) even though their new game was too recent?

(This isn't meant to be an attack or anything, I just saw the irony and thought it was funny)

we don't know if he'll be a clone! besides, from the looks of his classic mode ending, it looks like Roy is keeping his netural b move from Melee! One whole move! Can you believe it?!

i highly doubt your day is ruined just because a character you don't like (and don't have to buy) is coming to a game.

we don't know if he'll be a clone! besides, from the looks of his classic mode ending, it looks like Roy is keeping his netural b move from Melee! One whole move! Can you believe it?!

i highly doubt your day is ruined just because a character you don't like (and don't have to buy) is coming to a game.

It still bothers me that the first three DLC characters have all been clones or semi-clones hopefully Ryu wont let me down

Dont get me wrong though I am still going to get the DLC regardless

Edited by Mackc2

You know who else happened to be added to Smash (Melee) even though their new game was too recent?

(This isn't meant to be an attack or anything, I just saw the irony and thought it was funny)

I think Roy's game and Smash were in development at the same time though. Doesn't appear to be the case with Smash Wii U/3DS and the new FE, with the latter being started more later.

Edited by Anacybele

I think Roy's game and Smash were in development at the same time though. Doesn't appear to be the case with Smash Wii U/3DS and the new FE, with the latter being started more later.

We don't know when if began dev, but Nintendo could have (probably) had their Smash Bros DLC decisions during If's dev time.

(I don't think we're getting an if character myself, though.)

It still bothers me that the first three DLC characters have all been clones or semi-clones hopefully Ryu wont let me down

Fun fact: Mewtwo is not a clone fighter character -- fact, it's the only non-clone character from Melee that didn't appear in Brawl. And there are plenty of noobs who think that Lucario is a clone simply because it has a similar neutral B similar to how they think Wolf is complete clone of Fox and Falco even though his non-special moves are different.

Doesn't mean Doc isn't a clone, his down special is Mario Tornado instead of FLUDD.

You don't have to pay for him. And I highly doubt he'll be 100% clone, that'd be silly.

Mewtwo is in no way a clone if you think Mewtwo is a (Semi-)clone because of Aura Sphere and Shadow ball being simalar then Luigi and Wario are clones because they both have a move that where they spin rapidly or Greninja and Mario are clones because they both have a water move that pushes people away without damaging them.

Mewtwo is a clone though not of lucario he is a clone of mewtwo from melee

Now that I think of it like that Mario is a clone of himself from the previous smash and so is link and pikachu and every non new character

Damn it smash why you have so many clones

Edited by Mackc2

So, to try and take the conversation back on topic...

I've been wondering about this as soon as the leak. I'd expect if to get an update when the Roy amiibo comes out.

Hopefully we hear news about the 3DS amiibo adapter soon. What I would give for THAT to leak instead of two characters...

It really shocks me that Roy gets into Smash, given how many Fire Emblem characters there already are and with a new game coming up. I'm sure Kamui could've had a much more interesting moveset than him.

I hope they change him enough to make him feel fresh, but somehow I doubt it.