Children Speculation

UnknownUber

So what happens when Female Kamui/Corrin gets with someone? Do they have two children like Male Robin does in Awakening? A male version of Kanna with pointy ears and such? Or do you just have one and the child of the person you marry now has pointy ears? I think it would be cool if you had two and they both had pointy ears but that's just more or less my wishful thinking.

Like I said earlier, it will probably work like Awakening. So a Female Kamui will now have two kids, her husband's linked child and Kanna. Who might become a male. And with the pointy ears its unlikely that the husband's kid will get them. Morgan didn't if her parents where Nowi, Nah or Tiki.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said earlier, it will probably work like Awakening. So a Female Kamui will now have two kids, her husband's linked child and Kanna. Who might become a male. And with the pointy ears its unlikely that the husband's kid will get them. Morgan didn't if her parents where Nowi, Nah or Tiki.

But she could still transform into a dragon which I found strange, I think it was more that they just didn't want to bother changing her portrait at all. Personally I hope that only Kanna will be able to transform like you and not the other sibling if they choose to not give them both pointy ears, as the pointy ears kinda represent how close to dragons they are.

Edit: Also if the children are based off of the father then does Gunter have a child? *Shudders*

Someone thought that maybe certain pairings have unique children. Or, and this is my thought, children are unique to certain characters, both males and females. So not every male has a child character related to them and not every female has one related to them. Or perhaps hair and appearance are based on mother while the children receives an accessory from the father. My only basis for any of these is the speculation that the female dark mage with Nyx's hair-style is a child character, they appear to have Nyx's hairstyle while having Odin's little head accessory and hair color. I dunno, either they went ham with the children customization or something's up, who can say at this point.

Edited by Kyza

I'm looking forward to the kids of the spirit fox and the werwolf!

Shapeshifters all the way!

I hope Kamui (male and female) can romance everyone (of the opposite gender) except their silblings (no matter if they are blood siblings or adopted siblings)!

I just hope they aren't broken in this game. In awakening their base stats would be 1/3 of their "base stats"+1/3 of each parent's current stats, so they would always have a ridiculous amount of power for their level, so they would e at par with their parents and then level up way faster. Maybe if they make it 1/3 of each parent's base stats instead, and to make up for it they start them at a higher level, maybe promoted.

Hm, it would be nice if they pulled all this off in a way not too similar to Awakening's. If they do, then it'll be like that Tomb Raider situation where the writer is constrained by what the game designers want.

Btw, and Conception 2 didnt involve baby-making the traditional way; it was just light hand-holding stuff (with the imagery just there to make you THINK they're doing it normally).

I had a suspicion of simultaneous universes since the first trailer. What Kanna states basically confirms that. I think the biggest question is why? Is it another god awful universe like awakening, which effectively means we failed to stop something (and in that how is that event tied to aqua and the siblings?)?

Also I think some pairings might be more limited this time around, the ships probably won't be infinite.

You get married and make a baby the traditional way. Then you throw it in to another dimension where time flows faster and pick it up again in 20 minutes/18 years.

What's known as the Scott summers method (occasionally called the soap opera samba)

So what happens when Female Kamui/Corrin gets with someone? Do they have two children like Male Robin does in Awakening? A male version of Kanna with pointy ears and such? Or do you just have one and the child of the person you marry now has pointy ears? I think it would be cool if you had two and they both had pointy ears but that's just more or less my wishful thinking.

I can't even begin to say how much I would love that! It's my turn to shine

But seriously, I seem to be the only one, but I'm really looking forward to this mechanic. Playing matchmaking with my army again will suck all the life out of me.

The only thing I would like is for it to not become another kid-came-back-from-other-world-to-save-said-other-world-by-meeting-parents kind of thing, because I honestly didn't think it worked so well in Awakening.

But seriously, I seem to be the only one, but I'm really looking forward to this mechanic. Playing matchmaking with my army again will suck all the life out of me.

The only thing I would like is for it to not become another kid-came-back-from-other-world-to-save-said-other-world-by-meeting-parents kind of thing, because I honestly didn't think it worked so well in Awakening.

I doesn't work in awakening because unless you count the dlc, it breaks the grandfather clause so much it's not even funny. Another big reason is that the children father supports in that game were extremely generic and ignorable for the most part, this reduces the characterization and lessens the weight of the children's mission. This is why that if children return, it has to be through specific pairings being able to s-rank and instead of using time travel, the world operates on multiverse theory. This ignores the rules of time travel entirely and IS would not only have to establish the how. But I think the why is more interesting to speculate about.

Not being plot important hurt all the kids but Lucina who was plot important.

To be fair whenever a Fire Emblem game has had that many characters the optional non-plot related ones end up hurting most anyway. I think all things considered a the children are pretty strong character-wise considering how some of the most popular characters in the game despite how optional they are, it also helps that they're thirteen characters linked to their parents with some relevance rather than just some filler characters.

Edited by arvilino

i think it's very easy .... Another dimension it's the most obvious answer, and i think this very sad, as it's almost the same plot as awakening ... i really want to be wrong, but it's too obvious at this point .-.

Well, so now the FKamui can have 2 children while the MKamui can only have 1? Like, the inverse of Awakening?

Hmph, Ok, who needs 2 children when you only need 1 spectacular one?

Also, I'm kinda happy with the marriage system (it's time to marry Effie), but the children again are a little stupid.

Well, so now the FKamui can have 2 children while the MKamui can only have 1? Like, the inverse of Awakening?

Hmph, Ok, who needs 2 children when you only need 1 spectacular one?

Also, I'm kinda happy with the marriage system (it's time to marry Effie), but the children again are a little stupid.

I'm happy with this. I don't have to marry Chrom to get two kids anymore. Still, I find it too strange for the 2nd gen system to be favouring the female avatar. I bet that there will be mothers with children tied to them as well.

I'd be surprised if Aqua didn't have her own kid.

Actually someone joked earlier in one of these threads that it's Flora and that's why she hasn't been detailed yet. I would laugh if that turned out to be the case.

Do we actually know that the kids are based off of the father or are we inferring this because of Kamui (Which is just how it worked with F!Morgan).

Nah, there's a second example.

Shara gets Orochi's hair colour, which suggests she's tied to Tsukuyomi.

I doubt the Children will play a minor part in the story. They'll probably pull some time-travel or dimension hopping BS again. As I said before, they'll probably be a child character who's important to the plot. More then likely either Ryouma or Xander's kid depending on which version you play.

Maybe Aqua is secretly a Second gen?

Nah that's stupid.

Maybe Luna, Odin, and Lazward are secretly second gen units because they look like Awakening children. Illuminati confirmed...

tbh, i'm hoping it's a subplot b/c i'm not feeling another KidQuest.

i'm going to just not recruit them if they're not plot relevant in any way, tbh. if the paralouges or however you recruit them are nonavoidable, then i'm probs just gonna let them die, esp. because i'm going nohr- the experience points are limited as compared to last time, and so i'm probably going to be preoccupied with boosting up lower level/ stat impaired units, and throwing another one in there to work on wouldn't be a good idea.

Edited by falcoknights

Hmm...The more I think on this, the more I wonder how they'll handle the pairing possibilities. Avoiding incest for Corrin (or Azura or anyone else) would be the initial thought, but how far are they willing to go? Take not!Tharja. If she was put in the game for Awakening fanservice I'm sure male Corrin could romance her. But if you paired Tsukuyomi with Hinoka she's suddenly his niece. Would they just go for a "Companions" S-rank? Kind of hard to explain where Kanna came from then. Or does that mean TsukuyomiXHinoka is off-limits? But you could repeat the argument for the rest of the Hoshido children, then Hinoka and Sakura wouldn't be pairable with anyone. And even if they went the "Companions" route factoring in all those children is a lot more checks than Awakening had. Or maybe they'll just say "Whatever, they're dragons it's cool" and all incest is allowed?

Also, will all royal descendents get Dragon's Vein? Is being a werewolf hereditary? So many questions...

Edited by egobarrier

I really would have preferred if they did it FE 4 style and just had half the story continue x years later with the kidlets if they were gonna have them, though I'm not sure how well that would fit with the two-sided storyline.

Whatever.

Kamui's kid looks dumb, imo. If there's a gender swap if you're FemaleKamui I hope it's better.

Edited by Crysta