Children Speculation

UnknownUber

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked Future Past because the children felt so integral and fluid and interacted with each other in a contained storyline, whereas in the main story they were optional and took a very obvious backseat for this reason despite being arguably very integral to gameplay. For me Future Past gave reason as to why a 2nd gen timeskip a la FE4 is so much better than trying to cram both generations into one. I liked that it was Seliph and co.'s story now, as a legacy to Sigurd's, rather than Chrom and Robin's story with children tacked onto it.

Granted, FE4 didn't do everything right, but that's because it was a (very ambitious and impressive) SNES game where such mechanics as unique support conversations and such didn't/couldn't exist yet.

Personally I hope that they limit each child to 2 or 3 parents, giving more potential for non-generic parent supports, more visual differences between parents (different hairstyles/colors, maybe different color palettes entirely?), and perhaps even different (probably minor) personality traits. Oh! and different personal skills depending on parent?

Hmm...The more I think on this, the more I wonder how they'll handle the pairing possibilities. Avoiding incest for Corrin (or Azura or anyone else) would be the initial thought, but how far are they willing to go? Take not!Tharja. If she was put in the game for Awakening fanservice I'm sure male Corrin could romance her. But if you paired Tsukuyomi with Hinoka she's suddenly his niece. Would they just go for a "Companions" S-rank? Kind of hard to explain where Kanna came from then. Or does that mean TsukuyomiXHinoka is off-limits? But you could repeat the argument for the rest of the Hoshido children, then Hinoka and Sakura wouldn't be pairable with anyone. And even if they went the "Companions" route factoring in all those children is a lot more checks than Awakening had. Or maybe they'll just say "Whatever, they're dragons it's cool" and all incest is allowed?

I forgot about marrying the 2nd gen characters...

I'm rephrasing my statement to "marry every 1st gen char except your blood and adopted siblings".

Marrying the 2nd gen already brought up some questionable things in the awakening, it's going to be worse here.

Personally I hope that they limit each child to 2 or 3 parents, giving more potential for non-generic parent supports, more visual differences between parents (different hairstyles/colors, maybe different color palettes entirely?), and perhaps even different (probably minor) personality traits. Oh! and different personal skills depending on parent?

This would be ideal.

I'm really wondering as to how they're implementing the children characters. We could either go Awakening's "Lol time travel" or Jugdral's more logical, "There was a time skip between this point and now". I'm also curious as to how they play a role in the story. Are the children merely fanservice or are they actually tied to the story?

I'm really hoping they're just pointless fanservice, that way players can ignore them if they really want to.

I've been thinking about this for awhile and came up with a few ideas.

So far we know that.....

Marrying Felicia will result in a child that looks a lot like her but I cant tell if this child will be result of a character marrying the maid OR this child is the result of a lass marrying Kamui.

Orochi's child looks like a certain yandere spell caster and we also see in one image that Orochi can marry a younger character in this case Tsukuyomi and the resulting child gains the color of his hair.

Does this possibly mean that children will once again tied to their mothers? What does mean for supports with the fathers?

We also know that certain there are apparently pairing will not result in a child's birth.

What I think this mean is that depending on who the female character along with certain circumstances will determine whether of not there will be a kid or not.

Like for example I think its very unlikely Elise will be having kids any time soon due to her very young age.

or Nyx possibly since she is not playing by Nowi rules.

Aqua's little issue could complicate things in some pairings or she is exclusive only to a male Kamui.

Just some guesses really.

Orochi's child looks like a certain yandere spell caster and we also see in one image that Orochi can marry a younger character in this case Tsukuyomi and the resulting child gains the color of his hair.

The Tharja looking child in those pictures actually has Orochi's purple hair color and Tsukuyomi's hair accessory. Either the children are composed by a bunch of artwork "parts" like the avatar, or they're now tied to the fathers, with the mothers' hair color.

Does this possibly mean that children will once again tied to their mothers? What does mean for supports with the fathers?.

Like for example I think its very unlikely Elise will be having kids any time soon due to her very young age.

It seems that the children will be tied to their fathers this time around while the mother's hair color gets passed on to the child. It's unknown if Nohr-exclusive male characters like Arthur/Harold will be capable of becoming fathers as well.

I'm really wondering as to how they're implementing the children characters. We could either go Awakening's "Lol time travel" or Jugdral's more logical, "There was a time skip between this point and now". I'm also curious as to how they play a role in the story. Are the children merely fanservice or are they actually tied to the story?

I'm really hoping they're just pointless fanservice, that way players can ignore them if they really want to.

Kamui and Felicia's child does mention an 'outer world', which would seem to be inevitably plot related, as seen by the Distortion World-esque landscape seen in the trailers. Note that Kamui's sword Ganglari was infused with power from another world.

So while the children as a whole are most likely plot related, whether they're a big part of it it not, there's a chance that there won't be a child/children with a role like Lucina's in the game.

I cant believe I missed the hair accessory!

So then a child will pick up certain traits and looks as well then?

I think it's more likely they're just tied to the father, but have the mother's hair color. However, it'd be cool if they were made from custom pieces like the avatar and various details could change based on the specific pair.