Nintendo Treehouse, Hoshido Version

DualMix

And considering how quickly after the decisive chapter this one happens, he may still be in a rather irritable mood. So in such a context being more irritable wouldn't feel that much off base considering the stress.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just seemed quite harsh and sarcastic whereas in Nohr he seems earnest and naive.

Well to be fair I think a lot of the way he was acting towards his 'father' was actually just a front to try and appease him/get on his good side. I'm pretty sure his real motive is to try to form some kind of coup against him but to do that he needs to be able maneuver around the place with ease. Only he doesn't realize that his 'father' actually has no intent of letting him live. But yea he was a bit naive at other parts, also I liked his honesty, I got a much happier vibe from Nohr despite the dark surroundings. Really contrasts with what we've seen of Hoshido as Corrin is fairly harsh and all "Answer or die!" despite the bright and colorful surroundings.

Also Female Corrin in the IGN gameplay is so cute~! <3

Edited by Kyza

Eh, I guess he was in an irritable mood and that he have some trust issues. But still, the dude is all 'let's kill something'. And in this squad, the 'general', if we can even call him that considering how weak they are, try to talk it down. That's just... :/

so he shall be rewarded with his choice of my sisters!I'm serious.

Nope, they're all mine. :p

While this is technically true, if they did this then nobody would be pronouncing the name even remotely close to what it is supposed to sound like. I don't like it myself, but at least 'su' sounds closer to tsu than the number 2. Accusing them of anti-japanese sentiment is a bit harsh, but they do seem to have a pretty low opinion of what they think Westerners can handle pronunciation-wise when it comes to Asian names.

You're trying to apply phonetic logic to English, which is a non-phonetic language.

There's a clear difference between the pronunciation of "su" and "tsu." The English speaker may not catch it if they're not accustomed to it, but leaving out the difference is annoying, from a linguistic perspective. English is stupidly difficult to sight read even at advanced levels; adults sometimes don't know how to pronounce words (especially medical words) because it's not a phonetic language.

So, yeah, I don't think it's anti-Japanese, I think it's a little anti-Anglophone, in a way.

I thought that "Tsu" was pronounced as just "su" regardless?

Sort of, but not quite. It gives the "tsu" a bit of a harder sound at the beginning.

What bothers me the most about it is that it loses meaning by removing that one letter. Tsubaki is a kind of flower, which keeps the theme naming with Sakura and Kazahana (now just Hana, which is ok, the theme is intact). Subaki is a meaningless array of letters by comparison.

Even Rinkah, while slightly more understandable, is using the romanization for a long a sound and isn't quite right either. But I don't mind it nearly as much as Subaki. Why. WHY? Do they really think Fire Emblem players can't pronounce a name that's too "complex"?

Why. WHY? Do they really think Fire Emblem players can't pronounce a name that's too "complex"?

That's exactly what they think. Even putting aside the idiocy of trying to localise Japanese names that are created by Japanese people for Japanese characters, the choices they made for them is just insulting. And frankly, half of them are probably actually harder to pronounce than the original, and at best are just as difficult. Typical English pronunciation of Kaze, without any knowledge of Japanese, would probably be Kayz.

I'm okay with localising the western names of Nohr, because obviously the localisation team are going to have a better idea of what sounds good to westerners than the Japanese creators will, but leave the Japanese names alone. Annoyingly, it seems that a lot more Hoshidan characters are getting name changes than Nohrian ones.

Nah, I checked because I couldn't believe it either but Normal really does have 5 and Lunatic definitely has 11. It might be an abnormal situation but if Hoshido Ch7 is another intro-type map it'd have just as much reason to get treatment that extreme.

Yeah, but Chapter 2 seems harder than its Awakening counterpart.

2 Moving bosses including a ranged ones, and you're outnumbered.

BTW Silas is also a moving bosses with 1-2 range (he can't doubled, but still...)

BTW Silas is also a moving bosses with 1-2 range (he can't doubled, but still...)

If the Treehouse's Kamui really is purposely bumped up a few levels/stats, I can see the actual chapter with Silas being pretty difficult.

Well to be fair I think a lot of the way he was acting towards his 'father' was actually just a front to try and appease him/get on his good side. I'm pretty sure his real motive is to try to form some kind of coup against him but to do that he needs to be able maneuver around the place with ease. Only he doesn't realize that his 'father' actually has no intent of letting him live. But yea he was a bit naive at other parts, also I liked his honesty, I got a much happier vibe from Nohr despite the dark surroundings. Really contrasts with what we've seen of Hoshido as Corrin is fairly harsh and all "Answer or die!" despite the bright and colorful surroundings.

Also Female Corrin in the IGN gameplay is so cute~! <3

Yah, I felt some of this too. And in the Hoshido route, he's probably still reeling a bit from the whole "betray literally every single person who I ever knew or loved" thing he did recently.

That is on Hard mode though, basing on the save screen.

I'm still wondering, if you meet your sibling's underlings/retainers for the first time at chapter 7, then who the heck are your units for the other 6 chapters before that? (Well, 5 chapters since we already saw chapter 1).

If it's just your 4 siblings (flip-flopping between chapters) + Felicia, Gunter, and Joker, then that's going to be some underwhelming 6 chapters in terms of unit hype.

I think you mostly play with either Felicia or Jakob, plus SuzuKaze and Rinkah. Gunther is also there, at least for a while. Maybe Azura's there too.

... and what we saw was chapter 2:p

Edited by Cysx

In response to the whole name simplification thing, if we're being honest, there will be a lot of kids playing this game, seeing as it is a Nintendo game, and I'm sure they know this. I'm not defending them at all, it honestly shouldn't even matter if people mispronounce a name in Fire Emblem. I know I have on many occasions, and I know I'm not the only one.

In a different topic, did anyone else find it annoying how she kept talking about how Felicia was a bad maid but an awesome fighter? Because that caused them to really ONLY use Felicia and Corrin, plus the fact that Felicia doesn't really seem like a "beastly" combat unit like she kept saying. She was frail and not too strong and it just annoyed me.

You're trying to apply phonetic logic to English, which is a non-phonetic language.

There's a clear difference between the pronunciation of "su" and "tsu." The English speaker may not catch it if they're not accustomed to it, but leaving out the difference is annoying, from a linguistic perspective. English is stupidly difficult to sight read even at advanced levels; adults sometimes don't know how to pronounce words (especially medical words) because it's not a phonetic language.

So, yeah, I don't think it's anti-Japanese, I think it's a little anti-Anglophone, in a way.

...I'm perfectly aware that there is a clear pronunciation difference between す and つ. I never said I liked the change, I hate it just as much as everyone else here does. I was just replying to someone who thought it would be a better idea to change it to "Tubaki" because 'tu' happens to be a valid romanization of つ whereas 'su' is not.

He's cute and best bro. He nearly got himself executed because he wanted to make Kamui a picnic, and then spent the rest of his life working to become a knight purely to meet Kamui again. Boy's basically built his entire life around his love for Kamui.

And he's really cute.

Ah okay but it seems some of the folks here started liking him the instant he was announced which was when we barely knew about his character, so I'm just curious to know what of him that caught their attention back then aside from his design.

And knowing that he risked his life organizing a picnic for Kamui certainly makes me like him a lot more. That's so sweet and cute :D

Ah okay but it seems some of the folks here started liking him the instant he was announced which was when we barely knew about his character, so I'm just curious to know what of him that caught their attention back then aside from his design.

And knowing that he risked his life organizing a picnic for Kamui certainly makes me like him a lot more. That's so sweet and cute :D

His hair is fabulous. Dat grey pompadour. He is also a cavalier. Everyone loves the cavaliers.

I think at first at least some of the appeal with Silas was appearance, but if I remember right we knew right from the start that he was Kamui's childhood friend and a lot of people love that kind of dynamic. It wasn't until we learned more about his personality that I grew to love him though.

And yes, everyone loves the cavaliers.

Everything looks pretty good, though there are a few things I found a bit off:

- We didn't get to see Tsubaki fight

- The name localization is a bit odd, since tsunami's a pretty widespread word.

- ...Corrin's a bit more of a jerk in this path? (Sorry Silas!)