Nintendo Treehouse, Hoshido Version

DualMix

We don't know how much Silas cared about his comrades to begin with. Even his battle quote with Sakura suggests that he's only following orders. He did order Corrin to finish him off upon defeat because he didn't expected Corrin to accept him anyway. It looks like him joining is more like the result of persuasion in Corrin's part. The posts above also reminds me that Silas DID own Corrin his life since they didn't allow his execution. So his motivation for joining Kamui is just the same as Kaze's. It is more than just "power of friendship".

We also don't know how the others will react to this decision. It's highly unlikely Silas would get along well with all Hoshidan considering we're having a unit with "Nohr hater" as her personal skill.

Edited by Ryo

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, what, three time ? Because you killed his friends and comrades, I don't remember much characters like that, is there ? Right now, I can only say that Wallace 'You have pretty eyes, I'll join you and kill my comrades' and Vaida, There was also Beowulf, but that was fully assumed. I THINK there was Aries too ? But the bad guys kidnapped his waifu, so...

I never played Thracia, but it seems like you can recruit a shitton of thiefs and bandits.

Most characters that 'betray' their sides are generally established to be loners that are here either for personal gain, or because they were forced to join the bad guys.

Futhermore, Cyrus is not some random mercenaries, he is supposed to be Kamui's 'childhood friend', the 'general' with his own team, whereas Duessel, at least, had his comrades joining him for the chapters.

And I'm not even talking about how Cyrus could kill Kamui or his Hoshido friends with his crap, like I said, it seems Ferox-level stupidity.

But sure, let's agree to disagree, and I admit that talking about that for FE is indeed strange !

Eh, figure, someone would use Aran from RD, one of the characters with zero character development with a game with not much character development.

Huh, that would be pretty cool if you gained a bonus for not killing much of his comrades.

Edited by B.Leu

Again, does he even care about said comrades, or does he just lead the army for the sake of following orders?

Well, I admit, I guess we will have to see if the issue will be addressed in the first place or not.

^ i don't really see how being a boss in chapter 7 makes that much difference, i also think there are more like that in Fire emblem than the ones you mentioned. And the fact that you mentioned examples means that in isn't any more stupid to have it in this game as there is precedent from other games. I also find it weird that you mention Duessel whose joining chapter with the other units if i remember correctly also has Cormag in it who can just turn around and kill his two soldiers which is quite likely to happen imo if you use Tana and not Duessel to recruit him.

Edited by goodperson707

Cormag is firmly established to not give a crap about anything anymore, and in Ephraim's path, think of Duessel as a father. Duessel openly betray Grado. There is a difference.

I mentioned examples, well, the one I remembered anyway, and to say 'oh yeah, you have a point, but most of them are not... '.

But like you and I said, yeah, talking about that stuff in FE is indeed strange.

Edited by B.Leu

There's something we still don't know about Silas recruitment. Does he get recruited anyway or must he be fought and beaten by Kamui to be recruited? It wouldn't be the first time this happens (like Shinon in PoR).

Well, I admit, I guess we will have to see if the issue will be addressed in the first place or not.

Well I think the problem here is you're assuming too much that he actually cared deeply about his 'comrades' or that he didn't have an ulterior motive to prioritize meeting the protagonist, so that leading a platoon was merely a means to an end. That said not like it ever particularly mattered much for FE6 characters, sure they had their gripes with the support convos but nothing too serious.

Cormag is firmly established to not give a crap about anything anymore, and in Ephraim's path, think of Duessel as a father. Duessel openly betray Grado. There is a difference.

I mentioned examples, well, the one I remembered anyway, and to say 'oh yeah, you have a point, but most of them are not... '.

But like you and I said, yeah, talking about that stuff in FE is indeed strange.

Amelia in Ephraim's road was the worst.

She's seen discussing with an unnamed soldier, that seems like a decent guy, but then it's never mentioned again, and you can kill all the ennemies like it's nothing.

There's something we still don't know about Silas recruitment. Does he get recruited anyway or must he be fought and beaten by Kamui to be recruited? It wouldn't be the first time this happens (like Shinon in PoR).

I'm pretty sure the goal of the map was to rout all ennemies, and he's the boss anyways.

So, yes, he must be beaten.

Eh, I guess you guys are right. I'm kinda dumb sometime.

It's just that, this special case seems more coldhearted than usual to me, maybe because there is supposed to be much more people Cyrus has a bound with than the usuals. I dunno. :/

Edited by B.Leu

I'm pretty sure the goal of the map was to rout all ennemies, and he's the boss anyways.

So, yes, he must be beaten.

What I meant is that Silas must be beaten by Kamui himself. If Kaze, Felicia or anybody else beats him, he might be definitively killed (not likely in this case, but an option nevertheless).

What I meant is that Silas must be beaten by Kamui himself. If Kaze, Felicia or anybody else beats him, he might be definitively killed (not likely in this case, but an option nevertheless).

Oh...

I didn't get that (I hadn't played FE9/10)

I doubt it honnestly.

Hoshido is supposed to be the easier game, so that may be a little to complex.

Eh, I guess you guys are right. I'm kinda dumb sometime.

It's just that, this special case seems more coldhearted than usual to me, maybe because there is supposed to be much more people Cyrus has a bound with than the usuals. I dunno. :/

Well given how Nohr is being shaped up as this sorta corrupt society that needs to be reformed. I wouldn't be surprised if the few decent people there would prefer to jump ship, besides rather than pinning it down as cold I think you'd be ignoring the potential dialogue between siblings (and their deaths) as well as support conversations that would expand on this (assuming they talk about other things than trying to build romance).