Is Kamui going to be one of the slowest lords?

Espinosa

In the new Treehouse video, he's lv. 12 as of the beginning of chapter 7 Hoshido, which is fairly overlevelled I should think. And yet, he just doesn't seem to double any enemies that your other characters hardly struggle to double at times.

Now, there's some variation possible here because of how the growths kick in, but do you think Kamui will be a slow(-ish) lord with difficulties doubling / being doubled easily? We've already had Hector and Micaiah with similar problems (Hector actually doubling the slow, weighed down enemies in his game @ average stats) so this is nothing new, but could Kamui's underwhelming speed be a way of balancing him out?

It might be that he's just carrying a weapon that makes it so he can't really double so easily. Of course, if he is slow, that's going to kind of...suck. Might be at least interesting to try and work around his lack of speed.

It might be that he's just carrying a weapon that makes it so he can't really double so easily. Of course, if he is slow, that's going to kind of...suck. Might be at least interesting to try and work around his lack of speed.

this could be it too, but i've never seen a fast dragon in fire emblem, so that could be it too

Well, what is he equipped with? We already have a decently sized list of weapons with their corresponding effects here on-site.

Steel Sword seems to be the one sword we know of at this point that gets in the way of doubling.

edit: in the Hoshido vid, it's something called 'Yato'. No info on that on the website yet.

Edited by Espinosa

Well, what is he equipped with? We already have a decently sized list of weapons with their corresponding effects here on-site.

Steel Sword seems to be the one sword we know of at this point that gets in the way of doubling.

edit: in the Hoshido vid, it's something called 'Yato'. No info on that on the website yet.

"Yato" is the English name for her/his signature weapon, the Yatogami. Whether it has any stat modifications is unknown, as of yet.

Could it be that the dragonstone has a lowered ability to double attack like the Steel Sword though? We never really saw Kamui's stats but we know that there are effects like that attached to weapons; it could just be that they needed a way to keep early/midgame dragonstone from being too OP.

I thought weapon weight wasn't a thing. Also, it could be difficulty based. It is Nohr, and it could be on Lunatic for all we know.
What was his Speed stat at the time in the video? Could just be a trial run and maybe they got bad level stat increases.

Edit: I'd like to remind everyone that Kamui is an avatar or My Unit. Kamui could be set with High Atk and low Spd.

Edited by Great Geargia Gateway

I thought weapon weight wasn't a thing. Also, it could be difficulty based. It is Nohr, and it could be on Lunatic for all we know.

What was his Speed stat at the time in the video? Could just be a trial run and maybe they got bad level stat increases.

Edit: I'd like to remind everyone that Kamui is an avatar or My Unit. Kamui could be set with High Atk and low Spd.

It isn't, but Steel weapons have a passive effect of reducing the character's attack speed by a certain amount, kind of like how weapon weight worked in FE4.

And judging by the other match ups we saw between the characters and the enemies I'm pretty sure that this was on Hard mode at highest.

We don't know if the Asset/Flaw system is returning.

He's levelled up 11 times before the seventh chapter. He could've always been speed-screwed.

And Kamui does double Silas in the Hoshido video because the latter is equipped with a Javelin, a weapon hurting the doubling threshold (essentially the equivalent of weapon weight, though you have other weapons affecting the speed stat directly as well).

The RNG Goddess was probably screwing him up in the speed department. Maybe the Yatogami sword slows him down or...he really is slow. *must...avoid...gotta go fast joke*

"Yato" is the English name for her/his signature weapon, the Yatogami. Whether it has any stat modifications is unknown, as of yet.

It was deduced a while ago that it boosted speed and lowered defense and resistance. Considering the dragonstone seems to at least buff defense, maybe making Kamui fairly slow(and thus making any boost to his/her speed significant) was how they tried to make these two weapons each have their own use, since they're both 1-range and have infinite durability. The dragonstone apparently isn't available 100% of the time, but if using it exclusively when it's there is the only real option, there's not much of a point.

Edited by Cysx

He's levelled up 11 times before the seventh chapter. He could've always been speed-screwed.

And Kamui does double Silas in the Hoshido video because the latter is equipped with a Javelin, a weapon hurting the doubling threshold (essentially the equivalent of weapon weight, though you have other weapons affecting the speed stat directly as well).

I thought Javalins prevented you from doubling altogether. Maybe Silas is just THAT SLOW. cant go fast

I thought Javalins prevented you from doubling altogether. Maybe Silas is just THAT SLOW. cant go fast

It prevents the user from doubling and makes it easier for the enemy to double you, that's what I interpret from the description.

It was deduced a while ago that it boosted speed and lowered defense and resistance. Considering the dragonstone seems to at least buff defense, maybe making Kamui fairly slow(and thus making any boost to his/her speed significant) was how they tried to make these two weapons each have their own use, since they're both 1-range and have infinite durability. The dragonstone apparently isn't available 100% of the time, but if using it exclusively when it's there is the only real option, there's not much of a point.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/april-2015-nintendo-direct/nohr5.jpg

The early screenshots showed that Yato(gami) actually boosted speed and defense, while lowering only resistance. In addition to the fact that Kamui's dragonstone seems to be locked to 1-range based on the footage, it's hard to spot any obvious contrasting qualities between the two.

I thought Javelins can't be x2 if their thrown.

Nope, those restrictions are present regardless of range.

Edited by Bovinian

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/april-2015-nintendo-direct/nohr5.jpg

The early screenshots showed that Yato(gami) actually boosted speed and defense, while lowering only resistance. In addition to the fact that Kamui's dragonstone seems to be locked to 1-range based on the footage, it's hard to spot any obvious contrasting qualities between the two.

Well I'll be. That's right. We got quite a few that show a lowered defense stat with it equipped though. Like in the most recent Famitsu issue for example.

... The Dragon Fang skill isn't there on any I can find. A side effect of it perhaps, since from what we know it's mainly a battle skill.

Edit: No that can't be right either. In the third treehouse towards the end, the player shows Kamui's stats before healing him:

v9xJhP5.png

Also, his weapon ranks don't make sense.

Edited by Cysx

Maybe he got sp-screwed. By chapter 2, Kamui was lv. 5 and had 8sp which is ok for early game. Kamui was doubling Faceless yesterday and he one shotted them. I think it's just natural variance, or maybe the way the hosts play cuz letting Elise and Silas die against Faceless is like playing blindly.

Edit: also, Effie and Silas got Str, Skl and Sp on their level ups, so hopefully these chars have high growths like Awakening.

Edited by Quintessence