Actual Dengeki issue scans? SPOILERS

shadowofchaos

I just got a hold of the marriage page digital version and only heterosexual marriages are allowed. GDI! orz. I wanted to marry Felicia as a girl.

This gaaaaaaaame...

Welp, since I stopped caring for this game I'm not upset. These characters are nothing but zeros and ones anyway.

Looks like I will pick the girl who gives my magical future child the best bonus.... again....

EDIT:

Speaking of magical future children, what do you guys think of Kanna's design? I think it's laughable. She looks like Pebbles from the Flinstones with that hairdo of hers. Plus she's about two inches tall.

Morgan from Awakening was as cute as a button; Kanna has nothing on her.

Edited by Leif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This gaaaaaaaame...

Welp, since I stopped caring for this game I'm not upset. These characters are nothing but zeros and ones anyway.

Looks like I will pick the girl who gives my magical future child the best bonus.

Speaking of magical future children, what do you guys think of Kanna's design? I think it's laughable. She looks like Pebbles from the Flinstones with that hairdo of hers. Plus she's about two inches tall.

Morgan from Awakening was as cute as a button; Kanna has nothing on her.

Here I was thinking she sort of reminded me of Morgan... xD Either way it looks a little uninspired...

For now this marriage page is probably enough, since I already did character profiles from the website, so don't think I should do them all again here... The menu stuff I can probably manage on my own, but I'll PM you if anything comes up that I may want cleaned, if you don't mind! : )

Normally I or a friend do the cleaning, so always nice to have more helping hands.

Well, if you need anything just say the word - be it related to these scans or not. As far as the Dengeki ones go I have the full magazine here with me, you just need to tell the page and I can do it.

But for now I'm going to sleep because it's past 2 AM here.

That final picture of Kamui and his child. Kamui doesn't look to pleased.

Also, Kamui's hair color (The father's hair color) didn't pass down. Sow what, males have less to do with the marriage systems?

She's Kamui and Felicia's daughter. It's stated that Kamui is her fixed parent, so she inherited Felicia's hair color. Female Morgan didn't inherit Male Robin's hair color, but her mother's.

The current theory is that the fathers are now the fixed parent and so now the kids will inherit the mother's hair style (evidence for this come from the picture of Tsukiyomi and Orochi's kid having Orochi's hair color)

I actually agree with Leif for Kanna. :p

But you know, she looks much more like Felicia than Kamui. I might be dreaming, but perhaps that mean there will be unique pairings that gives unique children.

I suppose Lucina was integral to the plot as a child and Chrom still had to get married no matter what (even if it meant to a random girl), so to say no relevance on the plot may mean there is nothing like that this time.

Yeah, that's what I meant, 'The same as FEA, but no Lucina.', it's not that much of a change.

...If that make any sense. :/

Edited by B.Leu

Female Morgan doesn't inherit her father's hair colour lol? She's Kamui's child with Felicia's hair colour like Shara seems to be Tsukuyomi's child with Orochi's hair colour.

And it's been speculated (or confirmed? idk) that children are tied to males/individuals now rather than purely mothers.

For some reason, your post gave me this sinking feeling.

Since Tsukuyomi's child looks eerily similar to Tharja, I am afraid that some the "children" for this game will be based on the most popular Awakening first gen. units, i.e. Chrom, Gaius, Cordelia, etc. Heck, Kanna's face reminds me of Nowi.

Edited by Leif

For some reason, your post gave me this sinking feeling.

Since Tsukuyomi's child looks eerily similar to Tharja, I am afraid that some the "children" for this game will be based on the most popular Awakening first gen. units, i.e. Chrom, Gaius, Cordelia, etc. Heck, Kanna's face reminds me of Nowi.

Sinking feeling?

And yes...this will probably happen. Get ready for Gaius, Cordelia and maybe even a Chrom clone... As for Kanna looking like Nowi? Probably a coincidence based on art style.

Anyway, if children are completely optional and have no bearing, why restrict S supports to romantic het pairings? Sigh, oh well.

Sinking feeling?

And yes...this will probably happen. Get ready for Gaius, Cordelia and maybe even a Chrom clone... As for Kanna looking like Nowi? Probably a coincidence based on art style.

Anyway, if children are completely optional and have no bearing, why restrict S supports to romantic het pairings? Sigh, oh well.

Sinking feeling, as in a feeling of dread/impending doom, haha. Never heard of it before?

That Shara girl looking almost identical to Thrarja should be a clue. Pairing Tsukuyomi with Orobo will (theoretically) give Shara black hair, and thus Tharja is reincarnated.

It's interesting how the Awakening children clones are now the first generation units. Looks like the roles have been reversed.

Sinking feeling, as in a feeling of dread/impending doom, haha. Never heard of it before?

That Shara girl looking almost identical to Thrarja should be a clue. Pairing Tsukuyomi with Orobo will (theoretically) give Shara black hair, and thus Tharja is reincarnated.

It's interesting how the Awakening children clones are now the first generation units. Looks like the roles have been reversed.

Haha I just thought maybe I'd said something to upset you or something sorry.

What I find interesting is that the potential Cordelia clone and Luna will likely be on different sides so there's not even a chance for them to interact.

I'd think homosexual pairings would have to be confirmed first and Fire Emblem would have to crawl past its Heather stage there.

I actually agree with Leif for Kanna. :p

But you know, she looks much more like Felicia than Kamui. I might be dreaming, but Perhaps that mean there will be unique pairing that gives unique children.

Yeah, that's what I meant, 'The same as FEA, but no Lucina.', it's not that much of a change.

FE:A broke logic to make the children work, which is why it was a shoddy plot line, lucina shouldn't be able to do things she does, robin dying should wipe her and the awakening children from existence, which automatically creates a crazy time paradox AND that's not taking into account for the butterfly effect that a time traveler would create, which could violate the grandfathers clause and cause a paradox again.

Fates utilizes a multiverse instead and I feel it is a thematically more appropriate system here given the nature of the game. It also does not break any of the rules associated with time travel. Coincidentally, this means that the children here are both related and completely unrelated at the same time to their parents in this world, it's a stretch of logic, but it doesn't actually create a paradox like FE:A does. And yes Morgan > Kanna. As for why they appear at all? I'm not sure it'll be like lucina's awful reasoning.

Also I'm hoping unique pairings produce the children. It would help their development so much to remove the generic supports.

FE:A broke logic to make the children work, which is why it was a shoddy plot line, lucina shouldn't be able to do things she does, robin dying should wipe her and the awakening children from existence, which automatically creates a crazy time paradox AND that's not taking into account for the butterfly effect that a time traveler would create, which could violate the grandfathers clause and cause a paradox again.

It's fairly well implied that Awakening uses the 'each timeline is an alternate universe' type of time travel. (though this completely removes any motivation for Grima to follow Lucina back in time, but idk where they were really going with it...)

Edited by L95

I'd think homosexual pairings would have to be confirmed first and Fire Emblem would have to crawl past its Heather stage there.

I don't see why there couldn't be platonic pairings, though, or at least non-marriage romantic supports, straight or gay. If children aren't a big part (or really any part) of the story I cannot fathom why marriage would need to be back. It's not that I really care THAT much. I'll still probably end up enjoying it, but it seems so strange to me beyond porting the popular system from Awakening over. And if they're optional there's a big chance they wouldn't have taken the time to improve the system at all. I'm probably overthinking it and honestly it's not a dealbreaker for me in the slightest so this doesn't really affect me at all. Just seems strange.

The "Tharja lookalike" everyone talks about was a tiny picture that we could barely see. Hold your horses.

Here you go:

post-7242-0-18972800-1434780691_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know where to read the scans? I've been trying to look for them.

There are a lot of pages (~50)... I got them on an E-Reader for about 7 dollars... so it's hard to upload all in one...

Edited by Kirokan

I'm just hoping there are fewer children characters in general so we don't need to embrace alternate dimensions/time travel to get half the cast, but that's probably not going to happen.

Oboro has a dark, faded blue hair color so I wouldn't say she's spot on either.

You pretty much summed it up Neoleo, it would make sense (oh wait, it still doesn't) if it was world-travel, Kind of kick in the balls the 'change fate' message even more when you think about it. :p

Still, what a pain it must've been a pain to post that.

It was a very stupid deus ex machina, even more than the usuals. That's saying something

Edited by B.Leu

I don't think I'd trust information from Reddit.

Could be fake.

Why not just wait till the game comes out to see if this is true. Honestly I hope marrying is entirely optional.

Since it is confirmed that kids are returning, I pray that they don't overshadow the first generation with higher stat modifiers, growths, etc.

That mechanic irked me when I played Awakening.

This information is reliable. One of Dengeki's writers also mentions having completed the game without having anyone marry.

You pretty much summed it up Neoleo, it would make sense (oh wait, it still doesn't) if it was world-travel, Kind of kick in the balls the 'change fate' message even more when you think about it. :p

It was a very stupid deus ex machina, even more than the usuals. That's saying something

I generally really hate plots that involve time travel but really like plots that utilize a multiverse as long as the plot recognizes the multiverse and incorporates that into the characterization. This reason alone makes me interested in Kanna's character.

Anything involving time-travel is bound to ruin a story. It raises too many questions, too many plot-holes to account for, etc. That's why Awakening's story was almost cringe-worthy because it hand-waved so many problems that would arise with time travel, like what happened to the original timeline where Grima destroyed the world... argh it makes my head hurt.

Some of the best stories are ones that are grounded in reality (or at least somewhat, if you include ancient myths), i.e. Lolita, Anna Karenina, etc. Fates disappointed me because I thought it was going to be all about an epic struggle between two civilizations. I was hoping for a story in the same vein as The Iliad, with Corrin fulfilling the same role as Helen of Troy. Ahahaha, boy I really had high hopes for this.

This information is reliable. One of Dengeki's writers also mentions having completed the game without having anyone marry.

Oh. I see. I am usually apprehensive about information from Reddit. My apologies.

Edited by Leif

The Iliad ? That much ? Ouch. :/

And I agree completely, it's a pain in the ass that don't make any sense, and worst all, this supposed to be canon. Bah. :/

I think this is the reason as to why no one go too deep into it, it's such a stupid an obvious headache.

If they really wanted to write something at least half-good, they would, but they apparently, they don't want. :/

Just look at the past FE.

I don't know how I feel about the children mechanic having even less story significance.

Anything involving time-travel is bound to ruin a story.

Chrono Trigger? Radiant Historia? Android Saga of DBZ?

I think Awakening's usage of time travel needs a lot of work, but I don't really agree with this statement.

Edited by IceBuster573

Anything involving time-travel is bound to ruin a story. It raises too many questions, too many plot-holes to account for, etc. That's why Awakening's story was almost cringe-worthy because it hand-waved so many problems that would arise with time travel, like what happened to the original timeline where Grima destroyed the world... argh it makes my head hurt.

Some of the best stories are ones that are grounded in reality (or at least somewhat, if you include ancient myths), i.e. Lolita, Anna Karenina, etc. Fates disappointed me because I thought it was going to be all about an epic struggle between two civilizations. I was hoping for a story in the same vein as The Iliad, with Corrin fulfilling the same role as Helen of Troy. Ahahaha, boy I really had high hopes for this.

Oh. I see. I am usually apprehensive about information from Reddit. My apologies.

Did you played Tactics Ogre : Let Us Cling Together ?

Because otherwise this could be what's your searching.

Knight of Lodis is more or less inferior storywise, but still good.

I don't know much about the 2 Ogre Battle games, but they may be worth trying too.

I didn't had high hopes it would be better than LUCT myself.