Dengeki Nintendo (20th, June) scans

Cysx

I took it as world outside the village, or "My Castle."

But the character could translate to "other" too, but for "other worlds" like in Awakening they usually used a different character.

Thank you for answering so fast! And all of the translation work you've done too, since I don't think I've thanked hou for that yet.

With this knowledge, I can lull myself into false hope about some other explanation than time/world travelling for the existence of the kids. Until actual proof appears that is.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for answering so fast! And all of the translation work you've done too, since I don't think I've thanked hou for that yet.

With this knowledge, I can lull myself into false hope about some other explanation than time/world travelling for the existence of the kids. Until actual proof appears that is.

I have this habit of trying to reply to everyone as fast and informative as possible. : )

You and me both are going to be doing this. xD False hope ahoy!

Ha!
At the end of Charlotte's screenshot description it says,

"If you pick a girl protagonist, what kind of reaction will she have [towards you] -- it makes me worried"

That got a laugh out of me.

Edited by squkyshoes

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/wp-content/gallery/dengeki-nintendo-20-06-2015/DN0815-44.jpgWhat does that pic with the 2 hoshido versions and 2 nohr versions(towards the bottom left) say?

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/wp-content/gallery/dengeki-nintendo-20-06-2015/DN0815-48.jpgRyoma's weapon name?also what are those yellow arrows above the characters?

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/wp-content/gallery/dengeki-nintendo-20-06-2015/DN0815-56.jpgWhat does Oboro say?(Dat face lol)

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/wp-content/gallery/dengeki-nintendo-20-06-2015/DN0815-58.jpgWhat is that HUNTERXHUNTER line next to Camilla's portrait?

Edited by JayTheKing

Wait, what does this mean? o_o

I went back and read that part. It mostly talks about how Nishiki can attack enemies indiscriminately without having to worry about the weapon triangle, since stones aren't affected by it. Strong transformed attacks, but weak to beast killers.

Crap double post...meant to edit the one above ;-;

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/wp-content/gallery/dengeki-nintendo-20-06-2015/DN0815-44.jpgWhat does that pic with the 2 hoshido versions and 2 nohr versions(towards the bottom left) say?

It's giving an example of a difficulty scale, and is trying to help players decide what game/difficulty they should begin with. From beginner (left) to experienced player (right), it goes: Hoshido/Normal/Phoenix --> Hoshido/Hard/Casual --> Nohr/Hard/Casual --> Nohr/Lunatic/Classic

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/wp-content/gallery/dengeki-nintendo-20-06-2015/DN0815-48.jpgRyoma's weapon name?also what are those yellow arrows above the characters?

Ryoma's weapon's name is Raijin (literally Thunder God) Katana. Those yellow arrows don't mean anything significant and those characters are just being used as an example to illustrate Attack Stance/Guard Stance.

"That Nohrian scum, separating me from Takumi-sama... I won't forgive him!" (Took some liberties with the "scum" part because, dat face)

VA's previous roles in anime.

Edited by Bovinian

Edit: too late. There's no way to delete the post, right?

http://www.perfectly...5/DN0815-48.jpgRyoma's weapon name?also what are those yellow arrows above the characters?

Raijin Katana. The arrows are explaining the attack and guard stances.

http://www.perfectly...5/DN0815-44.jpgWhat does that pic with the 2 hoshido versions and 2 nohr versions(towards the bottom left) say?

It's basically a difficulty scale, left is beginners, right is advanced. Hoshido Normal Phoenix is the one leftmost in the "beginners" side, Hoshido Hard Casual is closer to the beginning side than Nohr Hard Casual, which is closer to the 'Advanced/Veteran" side And then Lunatic Classic Nohr is the rightmost one.

http://www.perfectly...5/DN0815-58.jpgWhat is that HUNTERXHUNTER line under Camilla's portrait?

Past roles of her VA.

Edited by NeonZ

Wait, what does this mean? o_o

I'm not sure myself. xD I was trying to figure it out with context, but had no luck. So I gave a literal translation. Maybe Nishiki can do more than the standard 2 attacks? (Not sure why 3 then, though xD)

I'm not sure myself. xD I was trying to figure it out with context, but had no luck. So I gave a literal translation. Maybe Nishiki can do more than the standard 2 attacks? (Not sure why 3 then, though xD)

If you're referring to the line "武器の3すくみにとらわれない攻撃が特徴", it means his attacks are not "limited" by the weapon triangle (i.e. not affected by it because stones aren't a part of it). The caption for the picture on the right expands on this saying that he doesn't have to "pick and choose his enemies" because he can ignore the weapon triangle and attack anyone regardless of what they're using (though he still has to watch out for beast killers)

Still practically no Flora information. At this point, I'm starting to suspect one of two things.

1) Flora's not even a playable character, just a minor side character, and her appearance on the box art was a mistake. It should have been Joker there. Which would make some sense, because they're using Male Kamui for Hoshido and Female Kamui for Nohr, and Male Kamui gets Felicia early, and Female Kamui gets Joker early, so him being the counterpart to Felicia on the box art would fit.

2) Flora's secretly the final villain who has been manipulating Kamui since childhood.

If you're referring to the line "武器の3すくみにとらわれない攻撃が特徴", it means his attacks are not "limited" by the weapon triangle (i.e. not affected by it because stones aren't a part of it). The caption for the picture on the right expands on this saying that he doesn't have to "pick and choose his enemies" because he can ignore the weapon triangle and attack anyone regardless of what they're using (though he still has to watch out for beast killers)

Ah, yes! Thank you! I was trying to remember whether or not that was the term for the weapon triangle. Was it referred to that way in previous games too?

Regardless, thank you. : )

i think one of the most interesting things they mentioned is that if you choose to play defense battle within your own castle against other players,you can only place your units and set their tactical tendencies,then the two sides will fight automatically.Dunno whether it's the same case with offense battle or quite the opposite.

And their wording kinda implies that the offense/defense battles of my castles would be the main source (if not the only) of dragon vein points,aka resources needed to upgrade one's own castle

i think one of the most interesting things they mentioned is that if you choose to play defense battle within your own castle against other players,you can only place your units and set their tactical tendencies,then the two sides will fight automatically.Dunno whether it's the same case with offense battle or quite the opposite.

And their wording kinda implies that the offense/defense battles of my castles would be the main source (if not the only) of dragon vein points,aka resources needed to upgrade one's own castle

Yep! They spoke about similar things in the last Famitsu issue about how an Attack Battle is an elimination where a Defense Battle is to defend a point too. They say to build the best counter attack team with those things you just listed. : )

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say completing chapters would also give you dragon vein points?

And for Flora, I think she may still be playable. They might be treating her the same as wolf man, who they had to reveal as a playable character only because he is his own unique class, but other than that we have 0 info on him.

Edited by squkyshoes

Ah, yes! Thank you! I was trying to remember whether or not that was the term for the weapon triangle. Was it referred to that way in previous games too?

Regardless, thank you. : )

I actually don't know, the only reason I knew what that meant was because it was also in the description for the Reverse/Reaver weapons that were revealed a while back, and Google search results for 3すくみ returned stuff about the weapon triangle in Fire Emblem xD

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they say completing chapters would also give you dragon vein points?

And for Flora, I think she may still be playable. They might be treating her the same as wolf man, who they had to reveal as a playable character only because he is his own unique class, but other than that we have 0 info on him.

Oh thanks for pointing it out! Now I recall they did mention in the June 4th famitsu issue that you gain dragon vein points by advancing the story.

And within the same page they also stated that buildings can be further upgraded by dragon vein points,it seems unlikely to afford all those with what we get from the story alone,guess that's why dengeki claimed it essential to do offense/defense battles to gather enough points for this feature.

Oh, that's good that it mentions Lunatic mode; I don't know if it's been known but I'd been worried because I only heard about Normal and Hard previously. Hopefully Lunatic+ is still in, too.

Still practically no Flora information. At this point, I'm starting to suspect one of two things.

1) Flora's not even a playable character, just a minor side character, and her appearance on the box art was a mistake. It should have been Joker there. Which would make some sense, because they're using Male Kamui for Hoshido and Female Kamui for Nohr, and Male Kamui gets Felicia early, and Female Kamui gets Joker early, so him being the counterpart to Felicia on the box art would fit.

2) Flora's secretly the final villain who has been manipulating Kamui since childhood.

Firstly, Joker appears on the Hoshido box art, and secondly, why would they reveal all of the characters before the game's release?

Am I the only one that thinks Flora may be related to Azura? They have the same hair color. Yeah, you can pull the no-hair-genetics-in-FE card, and two characters can certainly have the same hair color without being related (no indication of any relation between Titania and Jill, for instance), but that's why I say MAY BE, not definitely.

Flora doesn't have to be related to the other Nohr royals either. Who ever said that Garon had kids with just one woman? Or perhaps the woman he conceived Azura with also had a kid with some other dude and that kid happens to be Flora. And they happened to both inherit the same hair color.

I wish Flora was the central maid instead of Felicia though, I like Flora's design better. Her hair color is my favorite and her pigtails are kinda cute too. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

I actually don't know, the only reason I knew what that meant was because it was also in the description for the Reverse/Reaver weapons that were revealed a while back, and Google search results for 3すくみ returned stuff about the weapon triangle in Fire Emblem xD

Still, that let it click in my head that it's accurate. xD So good on you : ) すくみ The word I know as "sukumi" was "deadlock" (or frozen), so I was like "...what?" xD guess I should have google'd it, but usually answers don't turn up with that. In this case, it did.

Now I can see how Weapons Triangle became "3 Deadlock", but would have never figured it out otherwise. xD

Edited by Kirokan

Am I the only one that thinks Flora may be related to Azura? They have the same hair color. Yeah, you can pull the no-hair-genetics-in-FE card, and two characters can certainly have the same hair color without being related (no indication of any relation between Titania and Jill, for instance), but that's why I say MAY BE, not definitely.

Flora doesn't have to be related to the other Nohr royals either. Who ever said that Garon had kids with just one woman? Or perhaps the woman he conceived Azura with also had a kid with some other dude and that kid happens to be Flora. And they happened to both inherit the same hair color.

I wish Flora was the central maid instead of Felicia though, I like Flora's design better. Her hair color is my favorite and her pigtails are kinda cute too. ^^

You aren't the only one. I don't think I hate Felicia or anything, but I'm not a huge fan of what we've seen of her character so far. I know it's mostly an anime thing, but I can't believe they would let Felicia be a maid when she utterly fails at it. You could claim it's because of her fighting prowess, but even though her fighitng isn't super special (At least during gameplay) wouldn't gunther/gunter be more than enough for that?