Release hype thread

VincentASM

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just take a moment to step back and take a deep breath.

We've found ridiculously double-entendre laden dialogue in the Japanese version of a game that most of us won't be able to play for another six months less than 24 hours before its official release because some guys in Hong Kong and/or Taiwan have had it for nearly two days now.

We've also partially translated the 3rd path chapter summaries, despite the only thing we officially know about it is that it's the third path.

what a time to be alive

I was not happy with awakening's story. When the story in FE is really good (like path of radiance which was amazing XD) then the game is so much more memorable.

But I can see these developers are very horny and sexually frustrated or something so them promoting incest and stupid unnecessary sexual scences tells me the story is going to be MEH...

And dont get me started about the return of children... i dont mind the mechanic but when it doesnt fit in with the story in a satisfying way (like awakenings back in time shit) it completely ruins the game

I don't think it's right to judge the game's story from this mechanic alone. Considering the advertising of what we've seen of the game, story seems to be a major aspect, and mechanics like FEAmie were probably only worked on afterwards.

To be honest, I honestly don't want the S-supports with Nohr/Hoshido siblings to be taken out.

I don't support that kind of thing in real life of course....but I don't mind a fantasy game taking a few liberties like that.

At this rate, everything will mostly be a matter of perception. Needless to say, the sheer amount of fanservice may be uncomfortable to some, but I'll be enjoying the rollercoaster while it lasts. I also look forward to seeing the inevitable localisation changes when the game comes stateside. It'll be interesting comparing and contrasting the differences between versions. I must read all the text and obtain all the lore!

While some may argue the fanservice is optional (and it is, for the most part), the fact that time and money was spent on these features may irk some of the fanbase who wanted a more serious Fire Emblem game instead of the franchise embracing the many tropes of Anime and the like. I'll enjoy it for what it is worth, but in the long run I sincerely hope this does not become the norm for future Fire Emblem games. Sure, love and marriage are natural, but there is no need to focus so intensely on the relationship if just to pander to fans. In addition, Swimsuits seem be the the norm nowadays, so I could care less about the hyper focus on them. Seriously folks, certain armor and costume designs are far more lewd than just plain swimming trunks or a bikini.

I may throw some of my units in bizarre costumes for the lols once or twice, but after that the nonsense can be ignored. The hot springs is more of a cultural thing, and the only thing I can hope for is good writing that reflects the values of Nohr and Hoshido respectively (although given the nightmares hilarity of the S-Rank "private time", I doubt that). "Quality Time" with your comrades seems to be completely optional, and while money and time has been spent on it, it is not needed to enjoy the game. In addition, while the feature is in hyperfocus now, down the road people may comment on it or have cause for inspirational fan works, but I imagine people saying "Well, my army can use some extra boosts. Time to rub some faces again... yay..."

In my opinion, if one took out (or ignored) the fan service elements, chances are we would be left with a pretty solid Fire Emblem game with (hopefully) an awesome storyline and characters. We have a focus on family (the siblings that raised you versus your biological siblings), and word that the Nohr storyline is deeper than Hoshido's "Stop the Invasion" storyline that many Fire Emblem games go for. Remember, there's no need to magnify incest or "love talk" when there's so much more to Fire Emblem fates than pure fanservice. There's other elements too! Now, if only Lunatic+ isn't as BS as Awakening...

As for further leaks, I hope to see leaked cutscenes and CG art (if any). I also look forward to see how the story connects everything together, especially on what happens on the 3rd route. Also, give me the music! OST pls!

In closing, Azura, you were a solid candidate to be the wife of Corrin on my first playthrough for plot reasons. Alas, your offspring does not leave me impressed. I suppose it's time for the other candidates...

1. Every man has his sin. Camilla, may I present your husband, Corrin of Nohr.

2. Owain, err, Odin, your familiarity with timelines and dimensions will serve you well. I suppose you know what I am to ask of your daughter, Ophelia?

3. Xander, I know this is nuts, but Kamui, your little sister, loves you. Take it as you will.

Now, back to the shadows where I belong, observing the passengers of the hype train and the messages buried in hype like the rest of the many guests present.

So this blog has been posting some of the S-rank quotes. Some new ones are... very very filthy.

Um...these are disgusting imo but... here you go... Elise...

>I loooooove you!

>What are we going to play next?
>Ahahah, that tickles!
>I'll touch you, too!?
>I'll soon have a nice body, too
>Wawa...
>Ua
>Uhm
>This is a little embarrassing...
>I'm embarrassed
>What are you doing...?
>Uuh... It's getting hot
>Will I become a good wife...?
>Fuwa
>Uu
>I l-like you
>I love you, too
>I want you to do it more
>Hya! That p-place is
> O-onii chan, stop
>This is a strange feeling. The place you're touching feels nice
>I want your chest to be filled with me (totally not sure about this one)

Edited by Crooks

Honestly, the whole s-support/children thing seems to be more of an extra feature to this game unlike how it was semi-important to Awakening. It's a fun side thing you don't have to do but can if you choose to do so, and I for one will for sure. I'm just glad they put it in so people won't complain about it NOT being in there. At least you have the option to do it of you want, or not involve yourself in the mechanic if you don't like it.

Skinship function is a little hit and miss for me. I think it'll get heavily toned down for international version, Japan did go from a B CERO rating for Awakening to a C for Fates. I don't think they'll escalate it to an M rating so we'll see how it happens. Just sit back and enjoy the awkward fates face rubbing.

>I loooooove you!

>Ahahah, that tickles!

>I'll touch you, too!?

>Wawa...

>Ua

>Uhm

>I'm embarrassed

>What are you doing...?

>Uuh... It's getting hot

>Fuwa

>Uu

>I l-like you

>I love you, too

>Hya! That p-place is

> O-onii chan, stop

...If you deny that this is nothing but blatant Otaku bait, then nothing is.

I don't think it's right to judge the game's story from this mechanic alone. Considering the advertising of what we've seen of the game, story seems to be a major aspect, and mechanics like FEAmie were probably only worked on afterwards.

I dont know the full story so i will not make a verdict yet. But the fact they have the senses to actually implant incestuous thoughts in most if not all royal family members shows me they do not give a shit about the integrity of the characters or story (them readding children with no time skip also shows me this).

I can easily shrug things like this aside. I don't really care about what people say about Fates even now we know about these lines. It's optional, meaning no one has to have these moments with your units. Is it weird that I'm not really weirded out by this?

So this blog has been posting some of the S-rank quotes. Some new ones are... very very filthy.

>I loooooove you!

>Ahahah, that tickles!

>I'll touch you, too!?

>Wawa...

>Ua

>Uhm

>I'm embarrassed

>What are you doing...?

>Uuh... It's getting hot

>Fuwa

>Uu

>I l-like you

>I love you, too

>Hya! That p-place is

> O-onii chan, stop

...I'm so, so, so sorry Elise...

I dont know the full story so i will not make a verdict yet. But the fact they have the senses to actually implant incestuous thoughts in most if not all royal family members shows me they do not give a shit about the integrity of the characters or story (them readding children with no time skip also shows me this).

Well, to be honest, this isn't the first time FE delved into incest... *cough* FE4 *cough* Seliph and Julia *cough*

I just remember that there is a 100% chance amen of sakura and elise being made 17 or 18 (16 at the very least and scrounging by with the excuse of being medieval) in the english version, and take that as my headcanon.

This makes reading their lewd dialogue MUCH easier on the mind.

*actually goes and reads her lewd dialogue*

NEVERMIND DIDN'T HELP AT ALL

Edited by cantthinkofaname1029

It's perfectly valid to have a serious story with serious characters who, at times, go to comedic bits. If you've read Attack on Titan, you'd know what I mean: it works.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. The marriage and children with the people advertised as your siblings shows they're willing to pretty much trivialise the main premise of the game for the sake of the dating sim aspect. Even so, I am withholding judgement. I'm still excited as hell but I think I may have to take a long break from the fandom following the localised release just because of the shitstorm it will create.

I can easily shrug things like this aside. I don't really care about what people say about Fates even now we know about these lines. It's optional, meaning no one has to have these moments with your units. Is it weird that I'm not really weirded out by this?

Finally caught up with this topic and after all I've seen I can say I'm not really weirded out either. People are quick to forget that these things are optional. This is the same thing that happened when the skinship was shown off as well. It happens. It will pass.

Nope. I'm not weirded out either.

Am I raising my eyebrow at a couple things? Yes, I am, but I'm just shrugging at most.

Man this is getting good, i will probably ignore most of this stuff when i play, but having it to see peoples reactions pretty much makes it worth it for me. Thing i wanna know is what is wrong with Leon's lines it is suggestive of course but not really that bad, hardly offensive, and is it not the freaking point for the lines to be suggestive anyway? Geez where do you think the Kids come from? A stork Laguz comes by your army and drops off a kid perhaps? Seriously?

Okay i personally would not marry my brother figure but that is because i can't see myself not seeing him as a brother, Kaimui and Leon can feel however they want to In game though so if the nohr siblings marry they don't see themselves as just siblings plain and simple. But for me they will be sibling cause they won't marry each other.

Hi everyone, i joined the hype train!

These lines regarding face rubbing are hilarious, haha.

Any news about what happens to the siblings you dont side with? Do they die? Are there special cutscenes for their deaths?