Release hype thread

VincentASM

I don't really want to get in to this argument, again, because frankly it never goes anywhere. Point is, I want this game, not some watered down, butchered version of it with a bunch of optional features removed because some people might not like it.

Agreed. Despite its lewdness, the skinship dialogue adds a real sense of verisimilitude to these characters. After all, real people talk like that, too.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Despite its lewdness, the skinship dialogue adds a real sense of verisimilitude to these characters. After all, real people talk like that, too.

True, true.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS EVEN

No.006 王家の血.前 – The Royal Family's Blood - Beginning

siro no ouji oujo ha sumeragi ou to ikona ouhi no ko

白の王子王女はスメラギ王とイコナ王妃の子

The white prince and princess (= Ryouma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura) were King Sumeragi and Queen Ikona's children

kuro no ouji oujo ha garon ou no ko

黒王子王女はガロン王の子

The black prince and princess (= Marx, Camilla, Leon, Elise) were King Garon's children

daiiti ouji ha ekateriina ouhi no ko

第一王子はエカテリイナ王妃の子

The first prince was Queen Ecaterina's child

daiiti oujo ha sokusitu no ko

第一王女は側室の子

The first princess was the child of a concubine (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT)

daini ouji ha betu no sokusitu no ko

第二王子は別の側室の子

The second prince was another concubine's child

daini oujo ha mata betu no sokusituz no ko

第二王女はまだ別の側室の子

The second princess was another concubine's child (Garon pls)

So... Marx, Leon, Camilla and Elise are the half-siblings.... what.

This sound pretty entitled, while I don't support the incest in this game, I do want all the innuendos and perversions included. It's part of their character, Jakob without his lewd remarks make him a lot less interesting to me. Remove the ability to marry Sakura and Elise, I'd wouldn't bat an eye and probably find it reasonable but I would like to keep some of these funnier albeit weird aspects of the game in.

Sorry for the way I phrased it.

What it comes down to is, not only do a lot of people not care or specifically want the innuendos and such to be cut, Nintendo probably will.

It's a different culture and audience, and so to squeeze out as much sales as possible by maintaining the same buyers who bought Awakening, they will get the game down to a T rating.

白の王子王女はスメラギ王とイコナ王妃の子

The white prince and princess (= Ryouma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura) were King Sumeragi and Queen Ikona's children

黒王子王女はガロン王の子

The black prince and princess (= Marx, Camilla, Leon, Elise) were King Garon's children

第一王子はエカテリイナ王妃の子

第一王女は側室の子

第二王子は別の側室の子

第二王女はまだ別の側室の子

That's a lot of concubines.

Edited by The DanMan

I doubt it will be as lewd/consistent

But I mean we have "I want to be manhandled" as one of the tamer lines from FE13.

I don't think a character saying "Ahh it feels so nice when you touch me" or "i can't wait for tonight" is that bad

As long as we don't get a 4Kids style localization, we're good.

No no, I'm sure the word "naginata" is far, far too complicated for any American child to understand. They have to change it's name to "stick-sword", or else all of the little kids will be confused!

...I could really go for some jelly-filled donuts right now.

Edited by Zachmac

白の王子王女はスメラギ王とイコナ王妃の子

黒王子王女はガロン王の子

第一王子はエカテリイナ王妃の子

第一王女は側室の子

第二王子は別の側室の子

第二王女はまだ別の側室の子

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN......

白の王子王女はスメラギ王とイコナ王妃の子

黒王子王女はガロン王の子

第一王子はエカテリイナ王妃の子

第一王女は側室の子

第二王子は別の側室の子

第二王女はまだ別の側室の子

That's one complicated family tree. Garon really gets around. Also, this proves that marrying any of the royal siblings is not incest so people can shut the fuck up about it.

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

No no, I'm sure the word "naginata" is far, far too complicated for any American child to understand. They have to change it's name to "stick-sword", or else all of the little kids will be confused!

Damn you, you edited in the joke I was going to make!

Twitch chat already ran with it last night when the streamer fed Lilith a rice ball...

白の王子王女はスメラギ王とイコナ王妃の子

黒王子王女はガロン王の子

第一王子はエカテリイナ王妃の子

第一王女は側室の子

第二王子は別の側室の子

第二王女はまだ別の側室の子

From reading the rough google translation, I had expected this.

Yay! great job saving the little ones from confusion! Heres a free riceball..... I mean sandwich.

But isn't that telling? Look at some of the name changes that are frankly speaking ridiculous.

Cyrus into Silas?

Xander into Marx?

And my personal favorite Tsubaki into Subaki? Why? We have the word Tsunami. Was someone going to read it T-Sue-baki?

So, what I'm getting is that there is NO incest by the definition, and really people are (understandably) weirded out by the idea of marrying adoptive/step siblings. from my understanding, though, such things are perfectly legal in Japan, and it has its bases in Feudal Japan at that, where adoption was just as political as arranged marriages.

白の王子王女はスメラギ王とイコナ王妃の子

黒王子王女はガロン王の子

第一王子はエカテリイナ王妃の子

第一王女は側室の子

第二王子は別の側室の子

第二王女はまだ別の側室の子

So Garon made babies with other women? Cuz I looked up "concubine" and it says that it's "(in polygamous societies) a woman who lives with a man but has lower status than his wife or wives.".

Is this the chapter where the streamer was stuck? It seems kinda difficult, even for easy normal mode.

Nope, that was chapter 7. This was chapter 10.

When it comes to the skinship dialogue, while I'm not a fan of such a silly mechanic coming into Fire Emblem, a series I enjoyed for the serious tone it often took, I'm not going to complain either. Children announced? I grimaced, but it was a core part of the game that saved the series. Skinship? Weird, but at the same time I think we're running into a bit of a cultural misunderstanding between the east and the west. The dirty talk? Seems pretty tame, honestly, other than the implications of sex. I know I've heard things that are much too inappropriate to mention in a polite setting.

Just remember that Nintendo is always reviewing reviews and if enough people react to skinship that badly they'll probably keep it out next game.

Garon having a lot of concubines doesn't surprise me. He's got the riches and the power, and rules over a country in harsh conditions besides. Chances are likely that women are jumping into the harem just to get a meal...

But isn't that telling? Look at some of the name changes that are frankly speaking ridiculous.

Cyrus into Silas?

Xander into Marx?

And my personal favorite Tsubaki into Subaki? Why? We have the word Tsunami. Was someone going to read it T-Sue-baki?

Cyrus into Silas isn't a change, just a different translation; to my understanding, it can be read either way.

So Garon made babies with other women? Cuz I looked up "concubine" and it says that it's "(in polygamous societies) a woman who lives with a man but has lower status than his wife or wives.".

Yup.

And another one done. Again, I apologize for not doing these in order, but some are easier than others so I wanna tackle those first....

No.005 竜と人.後 The Dragons and the People - End

ryuu ha kurui kara nogareru tame

竜は狂いから逃れる為

The dragons, in order to escape insanity

nikutai wo sute seirei to natta

肉体を捨て精霊となった

Threw away their (mortal) bodies and became spirits

kakusite ryuu ha kiesari

隠して竜は消え去り

Hid themselves and vanished

sekai ha hito no mono to natta

世界は人の物となった

The world became that of the people

daga nikutai wo sutezu

だが肉体を捨てず

However, there were dragons

sekai ni todomatta ryuu mo ita

世界に留まった竜もいた

Who were unable to throw away their (mortal) bodies

So basically, there were dragons who wanted to remain in the human world (hello Ninian and Nils).

A concubine is a side woman. The children are legitimate but the concubine is lower class than the queen, and sometimes there against her will.

Yeah, concubines are basically personal prostitutes that rich people used to have. Looks like Garon had some kind of harem!

EDIT: Ninja'd countless times

Edited by Nik

Cyrus into Silas?

Xander into Marx?

Cyrus and Silas are alternate romanizations; so, nothing changed.

I thought we settled long ago that Marx to Xander was due to cutscene lip-synch (Marx is pronounced with more than one syllable in Japan).

Tsubaki/Subaki is the only one you pointed out that doesn't have an explanation (though most people in the states seem to pronounce Tsunami without the T, if that helps).

Edited by The DanMan

So FE14 is FE1 and FE7's plot all over again wth complexity? Not even surprised. At least the writer is going good. Also, I'd like to say that Amie is not only optional, but the explicit lines only show up for those characters when you S rank them. Otherwise it is their normal, platonic lines.

So FE14 is FE1 and FE7's plot all over again wth complexity? Not even surprised. At least the writer is going good. Also, I'd like to say that Amie is not only optional, but the explicit lines only show up for those characters when you S rank them. Otherwise it is their normal, platonic lines.

I mean, Hoshido was even said in the advertising to have a plot similar to older FEs, like FE1. I don't see the FE7 parallel though.