Release hype thread

VincentASM

Takumi isn't wearing a shirt, Leo might as well not be wearing a shirt for how much of his chest is showing, and what is the deal with that hat Benoit's wearing?

Also, why does Benoit have a sword instead of a lance?

Don't quote me on this, but Takumi is probably wearing a Japanese archer outfit, I believe I've seen those before.

Benoit is probably wearing a hat Charlotte bought (for herself), given that the picture implies he's carrying her stuff.

Why do you ask? Is this your way of saying that I should've used some word other than "proper"?

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, why does Benoit have a sword instead of a lance?

Swords are common sidearms for people to carry even off the battlefield on their downtime

Lances are for when you're actively going out to fight, but you'd still carry a sword around even if it's not your main weapon in case some asshole decides to ambush you on your way to the bar

Unless your name is Charlotte, then you're better off just punching them in the face anyway the weapon is for show

Edited by Thor Odinson

At this point I feel like Kozaki is actually in charge of drawing the characters instead of designing them. I honestly feel bad for the guy because he draws exceptionally well and yet a lot of people (and by people I mean tumblr smh) think he's the only one who designs the characters when he's not the only one who's on the art development team.

Like Kozaki drew Charlotte a lot more covered than she is in battle in that sketch gdi

Edited by carefreejules

I have absolutely no idea if this belongs here, but since I just made a thread and don't want to make a new one for something so minor (but oh so sweet), I figured I should share Kozaki's twitter pictures here:

(no spoilers, just random artwork of characters but with proper clothes)

CKiL3lvUYAA8Mnb.jpgCK8QblUUsAAIQM5.jpgCLCFu14UEAE27OA.jpgCLGh9JJUkAA_yS3.jpgCLKXc21VEAA2Rgt.jpg

God dang, why didn't they look like this in the game?

Wow, these... I like these. A lot. They all look so great.

Effie... she certainly has an appetite.

And Charlotte looks lovely in that dress.

I have absolutely no idea if this belongs here, but since I just made a thread and don't want to make a new one for something so minor (but oh so sweet), I figured I should share Kozaki's twitter pictures here:

(no spoilers, just random artwork of characters but with proper clothes)

CKiL3lvUYAA8Mnb.jpgCK8QblUUsAAIQM5.jpgCLCFu14UEAE27OA.jpgCLGh9JJUkAA_yS3.jpgCLKXc21VEAA2Rgt.jpg

God dang, why didn't they look like this in the game?

So lovely.

http://www.play-asia.com/fire-emblem-if-special-edition/13/708pvh

So hyped that I just bought the trilogy pack!

Can't wait to get it in the mail!

These are gone now! Anyone else got this instead of the separate games, if so, why does it at amazon say that it is new 3ds only when at playasia, it says that it is compatable with all Jap systems?

Oh, it already says that it works with all Jap 3DS systems.

Edited by Princess_Florina

Don't quote me on this, but Takumi is probably wearing a Japanese archer outfit, I believe I've seen those before.

Benoit is probably wearing a hat Charlotte bought (for herself), given that the picture implies he's carrying her stuff.

Why do you ask? Is this your way of saying that I should've used some word other than "proper"?

You kinda painted yourself by referring to them as 'proper' clothes, suggesting that their combat designs are inferior. Whether they are or not is ultimately subjective (Although it's not a stretch to say some of the designs are improbable), so a less charged or loaded term like casual or alternative would've been more accurate.

I like these designs, shame Kozaki is beholden to illustrate such wildly contrasting armors when it's clear he has a firm grip on accentuating these characters...

I would cry of happiness if Kozaki drew Lazward in casual clothes at some point oh man.

I feel like he might pair him up with Odin and Luna or maybe Marx in the sketch just because

Edited by carefreejules

I would cry of happiness if Kozaki drew Lazward in casual clothes at some point oh man.

I feel like he might pair him up with Odin and Luna or maybe Marx in the sketch just because

That would just make my day! I NEED to see Marx in casual clothes. Odin in something simpler would be nice, and just more of Lazward in general would be great.

Kozaki's a wonderful artist, and I like to see these other sides to the characters. So cute.

Wow they look so good! I never noticed that Takumi had a bun. I thought he had long hair? Maybe he just did it up in a bun for the picture, like Belka.

I think his hair is pulled up into the bun for the sketch.

I do wonder how its able to stay up like that because Takumi looks to have a lot of hair and he seems unfazed by the fact that all his hair is bunched up in one place.

I can just imagine him slowly leaning back because the bun is pulling him down

So, I got a bit bored and decided to make models for the children characters with Pieri's "cotton candy" hair color. Don't know if someone's done this already, but I'm working on doing it for all the children.

[spoiler=Example]cotton%20candy%20hair%20Eponine_zpsqonds

So, I got a bit bored and decided to make models for the children characters with Pieri's "cotton candy" hair color. Don't know if someone's done this already, but I'm working on doing it for all the children.

That looks good!

I saw one for Soleil on tumblr, but not the others. I do like Pieri's hair color though.

Would be cool if she could pass both tones in, but from a programming perspective that could get a bit finicky, since you can't just program a flat color in and overlay that. You'd need to have a custom texture with how exactly the colors match to hair for each kid who can have her as mom and each one of their potrait variations since a flat gradient would also look bad and well

probably a lot of custom code and graphic effort just to do it, so I can see why they didn't

Would be sweet as fuck though. That'd like, shoot Pieri up to like #1 mom if it'd actually happen in game, just for that hair.

That looks good!

I saw one for Soleil on tumblr, but not the others. I do like Pieri's hair color though.

Would be cool if she could pass both tones in, but from a programming perspective that could get a bit finicky, since you can't just program a flat color in and overlay that. You'd need to have a custom texture with how exactly the colors match to hair for each kid who can have her as mom and each one of their potrait variations since a flat gradient would also look bad and well

probably a lot of custom code and graphic effort just to do it, so I can see why they didn't

Would be sweet as fuck though. That'd like, shoot Pieri up to like #1 mom if it'd actually happen in game, just for that hair.

I agree. An army of cotton candy cavaliers...

But yeah, programming that would've taken a lot of time. Won't stop me from messing around with the Live2D models, though.

That looks good!

It all depends on how they actually lay out the UVs for the hair and overlay the color, but yeah making a custom texture for each character child (minus Shigure) just for Pieri would be quite a investment...

It all depends on how they actually lay out the UVs for the hair and overlay the color, but yeah making a custom texture for each character child (minus Shigure) just for Pieri would be quite a investment...

It's less about the models and more about the portraits; 3d is quite different than 2d. I've programmed Kamui Customizer, so I know the flat colors are doable by just highlighting all the pixels of the hair sprite, turning it a solid color, and call the overlay blend mode on it. Not something terribly complicated and can be done without using extra assets. Consider the rips don't contain solid blocks of hair pieces other than the default grey-tone, I can make the assumption that the child haircolors are generated at runtime rather than using a pre-made solid graphic for overlay.

While the coding for the 2tone wouldn't be terribly complex given the assets, it'd still mean custom logic just for one character because you can't get away with programmatically finding a solid color overlay from the hair asset itself and have to deal with yet another asset. It's a lot simpler to just write the pink off as hairdye and use the same exact logic as all other characters.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Oh, she looks amazing!

...yeah, it's too bad Pieri's exact hair color doesn't pass down. Oh, well.

I finished giving all the children cotton candy hair (even Shigure), and have learned that I really need to practice coloring, because some of the children look so... silly. Coloring the bangs pink was a mistake, I shouldn't have done it.