Fire Emblem Fates: A My Castle Compendium

Elieson

There is Streetpass, for catching information on the go, and there is WiFi (for visiting friends and battling them, etc)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I might add some additional information about Wifi and my castle: it turns out that you can basically visit any castle over the internet, not just your friends'. The "Castle Visit" menu in your My Castle lets you search for castles based on their name or castle address (a 20 digit number assigned to each My Castle) or you can let the game show you 'recommended' castles, or castles that were recently updated, or castles owned by players with high rankings. The castle visit menu even shows a preview map for castles before you actually visit them that also includes icons for their local specialties. Briefly put, collecting all specialty resources seems to be trivially easy as long as you have a working internet connection.

Of course you can also select castles owned by players on your 3ds friend list or players whose player card you've previously received if you want to, but exchanging friend codes just to get the resources you need isn't going to be a necessity, since you can just use other people's castle addresses without having to ask them to register you as well.

Anyway, for the spreadsheet: my Nohr My Castle has Meat and Onyx as its specialties. Anyone who needs these (or anyone who wants to attack my as of yet undefended castle) can come visit Castle Toast at Castle Address 01417 - 53862 - 84119 - 06715!

Oh, and in case anyone's interested in the terrains available for the Nohr My Castle (I think the Hoshido ones are in the release hype thread already), they're as follows:

(Minor geographic spoilers)

- 暗夜王都風 (Nohr royal capital style --> wide paved roads and trees all over the place)

- シュヴァリエ公国風 (Principality of Chevalier (?) style --> dirt roads and extra fortifications)

- ミューズ公国風 (Principality of Muse (?) style --> surrounded by water on all sides, with canals and bridges throughout the castle. Looks extremely pretty for a Nohr castle. :D)

Edited by Icy Toast

Speaking of which, what would be the likelihood of the game being updated so the upcoming SSB4 amiibo of Roy (since it is said that DLC characters will get their own amiibos) can be used in the game?

Also, when will we get some pictures of the accessories?

We're getting DLC characters who aren't in the game's memory already (Masked Lucina, Cipher Marth), so they can easily add one more for the Roy Amiibo. Although he'd also need a new chapter and some My Castle store stuff to be on par with the other ones.

Edit: I just saw a shot of the leaked DLC showing that Minerva is a Pegasus Knight, rather than Pegasus Warrior. So, it seems like they're much more willing to make custom classes even for future DLC now.

Edited by NeonZ

What is wonder is that the amibo's Marth, Lucina, ike and Robin are recruitable thro the My Castle battle.

Like you fight someone who has marth on his team, if you win, could you recruit him that way?

(Also, Hi everyone im new :D)

I'd bet against it.

The characters probably have flags to tell the game they can't be recruited.

When I have time, I'll check the text files to see if there's a message like that.

After battles, you earn it, sort of like just Battle EXP. I've noticed that skirmishes and/or harder battles reward you with more DV-EXP

I've been hearing talk that you can get skill scrolls after defeating Streepass battles.

I want to know if this is possible. I MUST know.

From what I've seen, you get the chance to either recruit an enemy character or get an enemy skill for your same name character. Like getting Luna skill from enemy Silas for your cavalier Silas. You have to pay for the skill though.

From what I've seen, you get the chance to either recruit an enemy character or get an enemy skill for your same name character. Like getting Luna skill from enemy Silas for your cavalier Silas. You have to pay for the skill though.

I see. What about the case of the Avatar, who has different names?

Accessory Shop
- Sells accessories which change your visual appearance in battle, such as cute hats, tails, face masks, clothing and other neat features for your units. These accessories can be seen as worn during conversation, traversing through your MC, or even during battle.

I'm curious about something: so far, the only clothing items that I have seen were the bath towel and the swimsuit. Do you have to unlock the others or is that all? And also: if you buy something, will they be available for every character or do you have to unlock them individually? (For example: if I buy an accessory for Sakura, can Kazahana Hana wear it as well or do I have to buy another one?)

There's also a Leaf Skirt/Bikini Top and a Speedo with a Cape confirmed as outfits (i just found these today.

It's one purchase per character, so it'll take a lot of resources to afford kinky afterwear for your entire party

7210806156.jpg

Edited by Elieson

There's also a Leaf Skirt/Bikini Top and a Speedo with a Cape confirmed as outfits (i just found these today.

It's one purchase per character, so it'll take a lot of resources to afford kinky afterwear for your entire party

7210806156.jpg

I see. Is it easy to grind for resources?

This is just theory-crafting, but Flannel has a skill that randomly obtains 3 resources for 7 turns (with a Luck% chance).

So you could field him in optional battles and try your luck.

Sadly he's not in Hoshido (but dunno about the 3rd route), so you'd have to recruit him via a My Castle castle against a Nohr player.

I see. Is it easy to grind for resources?

It's super easy (though tedious) to get resources if you have access to the internet with your 3DS. In your castle, you have an option to visit other player castles from a massive list. Scroll until you see a castle that has the resource type you want, especially those with upgraded resource points (gold-colored). Go to that castle, pick up the resources, (you can get up to 3 of each) then visit their Arena.

One of their random character will be there, but the arena seems to be skewed to your advantage. If you "give up", you actually lose absolutely nothing, so the only risk is if the character gets 1-rounded (only seen that once). So you bet 1 unit of the resource you are accumulating. If you give up midfight, you keep your resource. If you win, you get 1 unit. If the arena is upgraded to Silver, your unit gets some hit points back and you decide to try to double your winnings (so 4 units including your original one). If you give up, you still get 2 unit (including your original one), if you win you get 4 (so 3 more). And you can go one more round in a gold arena.

Once you finish the fight, you get auto-kicked out from that person's castle and you can't visit it again for over one day. So go back to the list, find another castle that has what you want, and repeat.

That's really the only fast way to get resources I've seen. If you don't visit other people castles, you'll find resource gathering to be super slow. Every fight you do, your own Arena is available for one single fight (and it picks one of your character at random with their highest-support), and your two resources point respawn once in a while. You can also get very small quantities of random resources for talking to your units with a ! on them or if you get the worst result in the lottery. You can also get some from sparkly points in the skirmish maps, but even on Hoshido the "free" maps are actually limited.

That underwear you posted costs around 30 of one specific resource. If it's not the resource your own castle produce, it will take you a long, loooong time to get your 30s with no visits.

How many times can you visit other players in one session of My Castle?

I'm also curious as to this. I would imagine they would want to limit this, but maybe they don't? Aftert all, for people who want an easier time they can go to a ton of my castles. For those who don't they can take the harder route and not use online. Still, would be nice to know if there's a limit.

I don't think there's one; I visited 10 castles in a row once. I was trying to find someone who had a specific character in their defense team so I could recruit them for my army, so I just picked someone with a Nohr castle, got their resources, then used their arena when I saw that they did not have the character I wanted.

I also want to point out that you can buy items from other player castles (though you get kicked out as soon as you get one). That's especially relevant for Master Seals: At least on the Hoshido path, there's not enough Master Seals available (including buying all of them from a Silver magic shop) to field even one full team made with promoted characters. For a majority of the game, you have 14 slots in your army, and I only got my 14th seal after I was routinely fighting basically all upgraded class-changed units on the enemy side. That would not have been a problem if I had been using Joker or Felicia of course (since they need no seals) but yeah, seals are scarce until like chapter 20 (when you can upgrade your magic shop to have an infinite amount of them) unless you buy some from other player shops.

I'm not sure where to put this (or even discuss it), but this guy, Nightside, is basically racing to beat the game (Nohr). His wife is Camilla and he's doing skinship with her every chance he gets, trying to get all the hearts filled. Different things happen (mainly what your spouse says) the more hearts you get and special things happen when you fill a big heart or you fill a little heart with an exclamation point above it. I'm very interested in what happens when you fill all the hearts with your spouse, and I've suggested to him to make a youtube video compiling all the special events for each heart. Here's hoping. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is his Twitch profile: http://www.twitch.tv/lnightsidel/profile

EDIT: Maybe I should make a thread?

Edited by Giga Man

This is just theory-crafting, but Flannel has a skill that randomly obtains 3 resources for 7 turns (with a Luck% chance).

So you could field him in optional battles and try your luck.

Sadly he's not in Hoshido (but dunno about the 3rd route), so you'd have to recruit him via a My Castle castle against a Nohr player.

Question: if a campaign unit dies in a MyCastle battle, is he perma-dead? Or you can still use him in the single-player missions?

Question: if a campaign unit dies in a MyCastle battle, is he perma-dead? Or you can still use him in the single-player missions?

Nope any unit that dies in My Castle returns afterwards even in classic mode. You can even lose Corrin during the battle and not get a gameover.

Nope any unit that dies in My Castle returns afterwards even in classic mode. You can even lose Corrin during the battle and not get a gameover.

Correct; lost units and buildings (and Lilith) return post battle as if they were never destroyed.