I miss the GBA era.

ZemZem

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only difference between "the GBA era" and now is that FE 9 through 13 are now available. And no matter how much anyone might dislike those games, there is always the option to go back and play the old GBA games (especially since most of them are available on the Virtual Console).

So the idea of missing the GBA era seems odd to me.

the community was probably less...well, how it is now than during the gba era. i wish i was around to see it.

The only difference between "the GBA era" and now is that FE 9 through 13 are now available. And no matter how much anyone might dislike those games, there is always the option to go back and play the old GBA games (especially since most of them are available on the Virtual Console).

Like I said, it's not the GBA games themselves that ZM and co. are missing, it's the general direction of the series.

Ie we want more GBA-like FE and all.

the community was probably less...well, how it is now than during the gba era. i wish i was around to see it.

The community was a bit mixed back then, it was the days of when if you used Marcus you were a scrub and that Nino was top tier because Growths>Bases.

Oh yeah and the old forum I was on, called Oswin the god of FE and if anyone disagreed they were mocked.

Edited by Jedi

The community was a bit mixed back then, it was the days of when if you used Marcus you were a scrub and that Nino was top tier because Growths>Bases.

Oh yeah and the old forum I was on, called Oswin the god of FE and if anyone disagreed they were mocked.

oswin is god!

I've only ever heard legends and tales of these "old forums". What kind of place was it really like? How did it fall and meet its demise? How many were there?

They were better because you weren't there

if you don't hype don't dishype the hyped

yes. Let the hyped hype. Its ok to not like things. Its ok but dont be a dick about it. Its ok to not like things. Dont be a dick about the things you dont like.

I agree with this too. I dont actually miss the GBA/Tellius era of the fandom much. it wasnt very inclusive and there were a lot of Stop Having Fun Guys around in those days. Also, i really dont miss anti-Jeigan/prepromote discussions.