I really fear of incest [spoilers] Leon

HeartTranquil

Leon & Camilla http://pastebin.com/tg4jGqzX

Leon "loves" Camillla and Leon says he will never get the same "love" as Avatar in the support convo. I apologize as English isn't my first language but "love" is very powerful word is it not?

Leon x Camilla, is Leon truly in romantic love with his OWN blood sister? I really cannot stomach Leon if this is indeed the case. Can someone please give me some honest context as to what is happening during these supports?

Seems to be Leon keeps begging for Camilla's attention... but Leon isn't a kid anymore - he's like 17-20ish? Camilla is like 22-24ish with Marx being 25+ in age. This is really scaring me.

I just want honest answers please.

I apologize as English isn't my first language but "love" is very powerful word is it not?

I believe we have the source of the problem here.

English is a language full of subtleties and nuances that no non-native speaker and usually most of the native speakers themselves rarely understand. In addition to having far too many words for "person", each applicable in different situations, the word "love" is translated very differently in different contexts.

Short answer is this. If I say "I love you" to my little brother - which I often do - I don't mean it in the same way I say "I love you" to my pet rabbit, or a romantic interest, or when describing a particular hobby. There is nothing in the above support that does not indicate that Leon just wants his kind older sibling's attention, and probably affection; something that doubtless he lacked from his birth parents.

Please don't blow this out of proportion. There is absolutely nothing in that support to indicate that the inferred meaning is romantic rather than fraternal.

Incest in FE seems to have a history of breeding dark lord/demon dragon vessels... maybe op has a point no?

Leon will doom us all!

#BlameLeon.

Seriously, it's not as if they had a S support, and you got that kind of dialogue in most manga/anime in the world (Even some in past FE), I don't see what the big deal is.

I tell my sister that I love her all the time.Do I want to fuck my sister?No I do not.

Basically, what I am getting at is that people that are related tell each other that they love each other a lot.Like many have said, the word 'love' means many things depending on the context.In this context, it is perfectly platonic.

Edited by Azz01

The wording can easily be taken out of context, but I personally did't get a romantic vibe from this support conversation. I just saw it as Leo feeling self conscious about his sister coddling every sibling except him.

There's nothing in that those supports that say incest to me - when FE games go for incest vibes, they aren't shy about it. I'm actually surprised at this support because I didn't expect Leo to basically say that he kinda wishes that he hadn't been so strong because it meant he kind of got left to take care of himself and ended up lonely because of it.

Edited by noakai

Ok so you guys PROMISE that leon and camilla, that ANY blood related sibling in this game, CANNOT ACHIEVE S-rank correct?

In particular, Leon and Camilla cannot achieve S-rank correct? Max is A rank? Is this confirmed?

Because in Asia, if we say "I love you" to a person... it means 99% romantic love.

----

Does the Japanese language say "I love you" as well or is it some other form of "I love you" in Japanese but translated as the non-romantic "I love you in English?"

Edited by HeartTranquil

Ok so you guys PROMISE that leon and camilla, that ANY blood related sibling in this game, CANNOT ACHIEVE S-rank correct?

In particular, Leon and Camilla cannot achieve S-rank correct? Max is A rank? Is this confirmed?

Because in Asia, if we say "I love you" to a person... it means 99% romantic love.

----

Does the Japanese language say "I love you" as well or is it some other form of "I love you" in Japanese but translated as the non-romantic "I love you in English?"

They cannot S-rank, I am VERY sure of that

And the phrase used in japanese was most likely 'suki' which is sometimes also translated to 'I like you' but can also mean a platonic 'I love you'.

The japanese phrase for love in an unquestionably romantic way would be 'aishiteru'

You can say you 'I love you' in English to all your family members without it being incest, 'love' can be platonic love and romantic love .

They cannot S-rank, I am VERY sure of that

And the phrase used in japanese was most likely 'suki' which is sometimes also translated to 'I like you' but can also mean a platonic 'I love you'.

The japanese phrase for love in an unquestionably romantic way would be 'aishiteru'

You can say you 'I love you' in English to all your family members without it being incest, 'love' can be platonic love and romantic love .

This.

And besides, I'm from Asia too but my mom told me that she loves me in Chinese sometimes and it's just platonic love. I'm pretty sure if you translate other words that gives similar meaning in Chinese, it might end up as "love" too. C:

I'm going to agree with most people that already posted and say Leon does not have the hots for Camilla, but he's just wishing that she paid the same attention to him that she does to the others. To be honest, this conversation just makes me feel realy bad for Leon. Though he doesn't really look like it and act like it, he feels lonely and just wants to be loved.

All I got from this support is Leon kept his smart guy gettup and was upset he wasn't getting attention from his sis, and I mean this in a sibling way, Leon felt left out of the family... (I mean, I doubt Garon is an affectionate father lmao)

Edited by L95

Well it's a common problem with English vs languages that have more words for love. In English we literally have just love. I tell my daughter I love you all the time but it's just familial love. All Leon is saying, is he is jealous of the attention that Camilla is paying their younger sibling. And from my experience that kind of love/jealousy is pretty common in families with multiple kids.

The eldest child, and the youngest always tend to be doted on more than the "middle" child. As I hear it called a lot, he suffers from Middle Child Syndrome. He isn't the favorite of his family - Marx is the Crown Prince, Femui is special for obvious reasons (and probably was treated quite different from the rest of the kids), and Elise is the youngest.

Erm, so Hoshido siblings x Nohr siblings possible?

So it is possible for Camilla to S rank both Ryoma and Takumi and Hinoka x Marx/Leon?

Yep, but it's third route only.