ROFL topic

What do you think of FE9 Rolf?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Rofl

• That little bastard? He isn't worth my time, so I bench him or kill him.
    • I've had good and bad experiences with him.
    • Rolf is god. Anyone who says otherwise is a whore.
  2. 2. What about Shinon?

• Shinon's better
    • Shinon and Rolf are interchangable
    • Shinon's awful

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolf is easily one of the worst characters in the series. There's absolutely nothing good about him.

Shinon is also awful, but he's pretty hax early-game. <3

Rolf...ROCKS!!!!! He's the best sniper..EVER.

NEVER...EVER..EVER insult him!

and shinon sucks.

Edited by BanjoKazooie

Even talking personal experience, this fellow never did much to impress me. He never really had amazing flair in his stats, even when I tried to get him full level. Shinon, he's a bit better off, although he's nothing like his Radiant Dawn counterpart. Seriously, how many characters go from whatever to amazing in a sequal of Fire Emblem? Shinon actually has things to brag about in Radiant Dawn!

I never actually noticed when my Rolfs got good and no longer required babying until 20/10 or so, which was always fairly late in the game. I like how he can possibly sometimes when the pancake lands syrup side up turn out, but he's not a good character.

I voted "Rolf is god. Anyone who says otherwise is a whore." and "Shinon's better" just for the hell of it.

All jokes aside, I can't say much about either of them. I used Rolf on my first time through. It took a little effort to bring him up to speed, but he wasn't too bad. He wasn't particularly impressive either, and I ended up benching him toward the end. I didn't bother with him the second time through.

I never bothered to level Shinon after he comes back. I might give him a try one of these days.

I used Rolf alot more than Shinon, to say the least. I'm not into using prepromotes early in-game for the sake of allowing lower levelled units to get as much experience as possible. And by the time those lower levelled units are on the same level as those pre-promotes, they're more often than not stronger, so it's just common sense to keep using the ones that I stick to those raised units.

On a side-note, I was really expecting Swordsalmon to be this topic's creator. I'm disappointed.

Edited by Raven

I used Rolf alot more than Shinon, to say the least. I'm not into using prepromotes early in-game for the sake of allowing lower levelled units to get as much experience as possible. And by the time those lower levelled units are on the same level as those pre-promotes, they're more often than not stronger, so it's just common sense to keep using the ones that I stick to those raised units.

On a side-note, I was really expecting Swordsalmon to be this topic's creator. I'm disappointed.

._____.

Noone expects jinjo Arc

Rolf...ROCKS!!!!! He's the best sniper..EVER.

NEVER...EVER..EVER insult him!

and shinon sucks.

So being pathetically underleveled, no supports, worst class, and the worst offense in the game makes him any good? Rolf makes Ronan and Thomas look like good Archers in comparison.

Shinon has early-game and is extraordinary then.

So being pathetically underleveled, no supports, worst class, and the worst offense in the game makes him any good? Rolf makes Ronan and Thomas look like good Archers in comparison.

All the n00bs use prepromotes cos they suck and cant do anything without having a weaker unit die lolololololololol

I've mentioned that specifically before. Don't bring this shit up in this topic, SS. If you wanna "counter" me, you know where to do it

Anwyay, I voted for the "whore" one. why is that the only word i can remember? and "shinon sucks." Too good at the beginning (mainly because of too many damn criticals), but a few comparisons from my Rolf at about the same level on ch 18 and I was like "noooooo"

According to the poll, there's 13 whores... lawlz...

Edited by CGV

I've mentioned that specifically before. Don't bring this shit up in this topic, SS. If you wanna "counter" me, you know where to do it

Anwyay, I voted for the "whore" one. why is that the only word i can remember? and shinon sucks. Too good at the beginning (mainly because of too many damn criticals), but a few comparisons from my Rolf at about the same level on ch 18 and I was like "noooooo"

According to the poll, there's 11 whores... lawlz...

How about going off of Average stats instead of your Rolfs?

How about going off of Average stats instead of your Rolfs?

Because this isn't a debate topic. This is favoritism/personal experience/whatever makes you like or dislike Rolf and Shinon