Media Create: Fates sold more than Awakening (Sales for Week 2 Up)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, but Thracia was soooo good! I bet it was the extreme difficulty that turned people off. I love that gem.

For a game released on a dying console (a Super Nintendo game in 1999 (for information, the Playstation was already here for a while, and the N64 was 2-3 years old already.) and it's a pretty hard game, with not the best graphism. )

Seriously, that's really impressive when you take all the parameters into accounts. Word of mouth seems to have worked pretty well here.

That also makes Radiant Dawn's failure looks even bigger.

For a game released on a dying console (a Super Nintendo game in 1999 (for information, the Playstation was already here for a while, and the N64 was 2-3 years old already.) and it's a pretty hard game, with not the best graphism. )

Seriously, that's really impressive when you take all the parameters into accounts. Word of mouth seems to have worked pretty well here.

That also makes Radiant Dawn's failure looks even bigger.

More importantly, Thracia was originally not distributed as a physical release at all but was instead using some sort Japan-only service. It didn't get a proper cartridge version until later. Which could explain why the final sales are relatively high compared to the extremely low initial sales. I am taking this from Serenesforest's Thracia FAQ, btw.

Edited by BrightBow

More importantly, Thracia was originally not distributed as a physical release at all but was instead using some sort Japan-only service. It didn't get a proper cartridge version until later. Which could explain why the final sales are relatively high compared to the extremely low initial sales. I am taking this from Serenesforest's Thracia FAQ, btw.

Oh I didn't knew, thanks.

Anyway, it didn't sell so badly.

Yep, I expected the sales to look like this.

Personally I think everyone should note that while Nohr sales are lower than Hoshido it still looks like enough to be considered a successful launch. Hopefully once all those Hoshido players are done with the game they'll also get Nohr digitally. Over alI I'm happy with the news, and hopefully the weeks to come will bear similar good news.

Edited by Honey Bunny

I want both paths to do excellent--and I'm glad that they sold out!--but in the long run, I would like Nohr to do better than Hoshido for the simple reason that I think they're using it to gauge which direction they're going to take the series. Nohr's complicated storyline, darker themes and diversified and challenging gameplay make it reminiscent of the Tellius games, which are considered by a lot of vets, including myself, to be some of the best in the series. Unfortunately Tellius also were some of the worst-selling games for several reasons--the console they were on being one of them. It seems that they have changed a lot of these problems in Nohr's development, so hopefully they can see that people DO actually want games like it.

That being said, the biggest draw to this game was choice for me. The Avatar's choices determining the fate of several characters (who are all lovable in my opinion), and the writer guts you emotionally no matter which path you take. We love to feel emotionally conflicted. We love to be shocked. It's one of the keys to Game of Thrones' success and I believe it's a key for Fates', too.

I doubt Nohr would sell more. Many of the new FE fans played Awakening as their first FE game and would probably like the easier game Hoshido provides. And this is Japan's sales we're talking about. I think there would be a bias toward the Japanese-themed classes, as they weren't any in prior FE games( I think). Nohr seems to be mostly traditional FE classes.

Edited by Yuina

Oh, yay Hoshido! ^^

Nooooo.... Hoshido won out.... Not surprising given all the Nohr hate...

What Nohr hate? If you're talking about SF, Nohr is way more popular than Hoshido, sadly.

Oh, yay Hoshido! ^^

What Nohr hate? If you're talking about SF, Nohr is way more popular than Hoshido, sadly.

Apparently, people really hate the Nohr story. I don't know a damn thing about Nohr's plot (and want it to stay that way till the English release), but members found it disappointing, thus garnering a negative opinion of the campaign... :(

Yeah, from what I've heard Nohr's story falls flat on a certain advertised aspect, trying to be vague because spoilers

Basically it's a train wreck and is missing info to be a complete story.

Hoshido gets a pass because it's "generic fire emblem".

Telltale signs of the painfully obvious. 1 game, butchered for the sake of DLC.

and is missing info to be a complete story.

Most of the missing revelations are available outside of the 3rd path in the library/museum bit of My Castle in a coded text (the game itself gives the cipher though). And, really, it's not a "trainwreck". That described more stories where you've got twists upon twists that end up running out of control. The main issue with Nohr's stories based on the reviews is that many players can't identify with or accept Kamui's choices through the story.

Edited by NeonZ

Well, that's what happens when people hype it up too much. I saw a lot of hype for Nohr's story because it was different from your typical FE and all. But too much hype can result in disappointment.

Go Hoshido!

I love both Hoshido and Norh but Hoshido is still number one. Because it has so much moe and Ryoma AKA best husbando!

Most of the missing revelations are available outside of the 3rd path in the library/museum bit of My Castle in a coded text (the game itself gives the cipher though). And, really, it's not a "trainwreck". That described more stories where you've got twists upon twists that end up running out of control. The main issue with Nohr's stories based on the reviews is that many players can't identify with or accept Kamui's choices through the story.

Wait, Corrin's choices are hard to identify with? Is this because people treat Corrin as a self insert, or just that Corrin is an idiot? If it's possible, would you mind explaining what that means without too many spoilers? I know that's got to be a hard request to do since it directly has to do with spoilery material, but I would really appreciate if you could.

Well, that's what happens when people hype it up too much. I saw a lot of hype for Nohr's story because it was different from your typical FE and all. But too much hype can result in disappointment.

When has excessive hype resulted in anything, but disappointment? Watch Dogs, Sunset Overdrive, Assassin's Creed Unity, Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny, and the list just goes on and on. That's the reason that my hype only ever extends to, "Yeah, I think I'll buy that game" even with FE.

A minor thing I've learned about.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/237706-japan-3ds-eshop-charts-june-22nd-to-28th-2015

Even though Hoshido ended up being the more popular physical seller, Nohr was more popular digitally.

Isn't that just the 3DS home themes? I guess it's a good sign though XD

Isn't that just the 3DS home themes? I guess it's a good sign though XD

Ah, didn't think of that. Honestly I didn't even know that sales of themes were tracked on the eShop. Goes to show how much I pay attention. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if the Nohr path ended up being more popular digitally.

Wait, Corrin's choices are hard to identify with? Is this because people treat Corrin as a self insert, or just that Corrin is an idiot? If it's possible, would you mind explaining what that means without too many spoilers? I know that's got to be a hard request to do since it directly has to do with spoilery material, but I would really appreciate if you could.

Eh, it's hard to describe it without going into specifics. I'll attempt to be vague, but... Several times in the Nohr story Corrin goes along with stuff that goes against his will without rebelling against Nohr. Many people in the story discussion thread seem to consider him stupid for that. Corin only actually takes charge of things near the end in the Norh story, while in Hoshido's, like most previous main characters, he's leading from almost the beginning, without his orders being overruled by superiors.

Eh, it's hard to describe it without going into specifics. I'll attempt to be vague, but... Several times in the Nohr story Corrin goes along with stuff that goes against his will without rebelling against Nohr. Many people in the story discussion thread seem to consider him stupid for that. Corin only actually takes charge of things near the end in the Norh story, while in Hoshido's, like most previous main characters, he's leading from almost the beginning, without his orders being overruled by superiors.

If I'm reading this right it would seem that Corrin is just unbelievably dense on Nohr route. That's troublesome, and certainly not how I'd figure Nohr would go. The not leading the army bit doesn't bother me though. Seriously, the army already has a commander: Xander. There isn't much reason for Corrin to command.

Thanks for elaborating Neon. (By the way, I think you did a great job at describing without going into specifics.)

Why do I get the feeling that the English info we got about Conquest in advertising was either mistranslated or overhyped by some people? I'm lead to believe that Conquest is not about staging some rebellion against Garon (at least not initially) but rather taking care of a few things inside of Nohr that need taking care of at the time. Seriously:

There is the Ice Tribe's imminent rebellion, Haitaka and his troop seizing an important Nohr stronghold, the Chevalier realm's rebellion with Takumi and others aiding them, Takumi's repeated assaults in Nohr territory, people like Ganz running around terrorizing Nohr's own citizens, Hoshidans like Kumagera invading, the Invisible Demon Kingdom stirring things up, and traitors like the soldiers on the Nohrian ship, Macbeth/Iago, Zoura, and Ganz.

Remember, Nohr was already suffering from internal strife and chaos before they went to war with Hoshido; another internal rebellion (especially against Garon of all people given his purported motivations of fixing Nohr up by warring with Hoshido) would only hurt Nohr even more, and with Hoshido now at war with them and planning an invasion of their own another internal rebellion staged by the royal family no less is one of the worst ideas in this scenario.

Edited by BlueSunStudios

The wording from the 2nd Direct about Fate was "reforming from within." That didn't mean start a rebellion ASAP, that's on you and everyone else that took it that way.

yeah Im gunna make a rebellion after being outside a couple days ago , yeah I can solo the entire nohr army without breaking a sweat <_<

The wording from the 2nd Direct about Fate was "reforming from within." That didn't mean start a rebellion ASAP, that's on you and everyone else that took it that way.

This isn't referring to me was it?

yeah Im gunna make a rebellion after being outside a couple days ago , yeah I can solo the entire nohr army without breaking a sweat <_<

Almost what I said, minus the "barely being outside" and "solo the Nohr army" bit.

If the game is advertised as being about reforming from within, and yet the bulk of the game is not about it, that's not players making incorrect assumptions, that's false advertising.