Soleil/M!Kamui's Supports are almost offensive

EJ107

Ahahah

First I didn't want to read the support, but god damit I think it is ridicules yet hilarious.

Yes the support is not really good and I saw this coming. That is exactly why I didn't like the idea of gay characters.

I might as well make the best out of it XD

tumblr_n98gtbcRIO1tfzttso1_500.png

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahahah

First I didn't want to read the support, but god damit I think it is ridicules yet hilarious.

Yes the support is not really good and I saw this coming. That is exactly why I didn't like the idea of gay characters.

You should see some tumblr's reactions during the time it was big, I lol.

Bunch of a-holes that scared me with their BS lies, it was pure pleasure to see them cried.

Edited by Awakener_

You should see some tumblr's reactions during the time it was big, I lol.

Bunch of a-holes that scared me with their BS lies, it was pure pleasure to see them cried.

Well...I certainly didn't approve of a few things in the support. I just wanted to see some fanart/fanfics; instead I got people who were constantly exploding with the whole Soleil is gay or bi or whatever and call out other people who were defending it (be it the game or the supports)...it was just sad in general.

I guess it all comes down to cultural differences...apparently someone in tumblr (please for the love of whatever god you believe in, take this with a grain of salt) spiking someone's drink was something they considered comical.

But still...its the people not the characters themselves, that made this the way it is.

Well...I certainly didn't approve of a few things in the support. I just wanted to see some fanart/fanfics; instead I got people who were constantly exploding with the whole Soleil is gay or bi or whatever and call out other people who were defending it (be it the game or the supports)...it was just sad in general.

I guess it all comes down to cultural differences...apparently someone in tumblr (please for the love of whatever god you believe in, take this with a grain of salt) spiking someone's drink was something they considered comical.

But still...its the people not the characters themselves, that made this the way it is.

It comical in a sense that the support is suppose to be comical, isn't stalking a bad thing? If it bad then why did so many people liked Tharja? Because we learned not to take it seriously and thus we found her stalking funny (knowing how many times Robin turned when he/she is sleeping is next level stalking). This support isn't bad for its content but because of the initial negativity toward the misconceptions, we now have bad taste regarding this support. When that whole "gay conversion" thing is cleared, the negativity still existed and it passed down toward the whole "drug" thing (it not even a drug to be honest, drug is defined to have biological effect on body). Noticed how even the OP of this thread didn't even pay attention to the powder part at first when he created the thread. I swear had the first part been clear at first and had the thread been just talking being uncomfortable toward the usage of powder without consent, there won't be a shitstorm this big. At most there will be people complaining like people complaining about Tharja's creepiness (me) and be quickly forgotten. There one thread about ZeroxCamilla, Zero asked Camilla to drag him around while being naked. Some people found this pretty questionable but now it pretty much buried and no one even mentioning it now, but had there been some mistranslated like instead of Zero asking Camilla to be dragged around but Camilla doing it. There will be more complaining about the sexist, objectifying woman and all kind of good stuffs.

There a lot of more questionable stuffs in Awakening too, Tharja really did some stuffs to her daughter, like real behavioral change stuff. There are complains but generally we don't take it much seriously, the whole "BLOOD AND THUNDER" is pretty funny I had to say. :D

Though the inclusion of the LGBT characters will make people more sensitized to things which before we won't, this is something I expected.

Edited by Awakener_

Here's the scene translated and looked at by someone with experience in Japanese localization. (Slight spoilers obviously)

Please base your opinions on Soleil and M!Kamui's supports on this from this message on.

(I'm watching it currently and will update with my new thoughts on it all when I've finished watching it.)

Edited by BRSxIgnition

To be honest, one of my major complain about this is complaining about the Japanese version of this support. Our version of the script for the support might not even be the same like the Japanese's version, in the end we can be complaining about something that might not even existed for us. What mattered is what we have.

Edited by Awakener_

Here's the scene translated and looked at by someone with experience in Japanese localization. (Slight spoilers obviously)

http://youtu.be/6iVFPheRegw

Please base your opinions on Soleil and M!Kamui's supports on this from this message on.

(I'm watching it currently and will update with my new thoughts on it all when I've finished watching it.)

This is interesting. It actually does look rather harmless in that context. However, it does not change the fact Soleil is written poorly overall. And the fact its a pretty lame support in general. I enjoyed the parts where shes talking to her father more. There is also the thorny issue of why she cant S rank Femui. I honestly think that a lot of the heat would die down if she could S rank Femui.

Why are people still talking about this?

Its actually an interesting conversation about how sensibilities are changing.

Because buttmad.

Being intrigued and interested in social issues, changing sensibilities, cultural quirks, and discussing queerness in video games (a yet truly untapped area) does not equate to "buttmad".

Why are people still talking about this?

There are multiple points of discussion on her character that lead to major disagreement.

The first was her Mamui support and whether or not it has unfortunate undertones.

The second was whether or not Soleil is a bisexual as she claims or if it's just a exaggerated gimmick and a joke.

The last point which is involved in the first two is if Soleil is just a poorly written/considered character in general.

Ahahah

I think this post should be flagged for flame-baiting. It adds nothing constructive to the dialogue and only seeks to antagonize people of differing viewpoints.

Stay classy, SF. Anyone who defends the merit of this is utterly insensitive; plotlines with shades of traumatizing gay conversion therapy and frat-style roofie rape should not be in video games, period. It doesn't matter if it gets censored, we know what the original intent of the Japanese writers was. It's blatantly homophobic, just like the intolerant motherfuckers who use this sorta thing to hate on "SJWs." You are a despicable person for using this situation to attack people, and especially for using this as a reason to attack the inclusion gay characters. Heather was bisexual if not outright lesbian, and there were no issues with her inclusion in FE10 (a game released five years ago).

It's 2015, grow the fuck and pull the wool out from over your eyes, FE fans.

Every time I come to Serenes, the shit stank gets stronger.

Edited by Arch

http://youtu.be/6iVFPheRegw

This video is certainly good at one thing: Ignoring the problem. People are upset about this because of the lack of consent surrounding Kamui putting magic powder in her drink along with the lack of female supports that result in marriage (I would also add that the game treats her and her sexual orientation/her liking of women as a joke, but i'm editing together my two cents on this at the moment after perusing my way through the fan translations of her many support conversations and i'd prefer to not make a post that ends up being a lengthy essay over here). Just because it takes place in a fantasy setting doesn't make what happens to Soleil or the lack of any women-women marriage supports. Frankly, it being a "magic powder" comes across as a way for the writer to go "it's magic, we don't have to explain it". It's not okay any more than what happens to Deirdre in Seisen No Keifu is "okay". It's a terrible contrivance that exists to solve what the game deems a "problem", that being the sexual orientation of Soleil.

And that's wrong, damnit.

Edited by CazTGG

"gay conversation theraphy" wow, we're back to this shit again? You and that image guy are both terrible, but equally bad. And the only place that still cares about this shit about a gag support is serenesforest, so ironically you're calling yourself an idiot. This thread sucks. Don't buy the game, leave forever. Save yourself some trouble.

I think this post should be flagged for flame-baiting. It adds nothing constructive to the dialogue and only seeks to antagonize people of differing viewpoints.

Stay classy, SF. Anyone who defends the merit of this is utterly insensitive; a support conversation with shades of traumatizing gay conversion therapy and frat-style roofie rape should not be in Fire Emblem, period. It doesn't matter if it gets censored, we know what the original intent of the Japanese writers was. It's blatantly homophobic, just like the intolerant motherfuckers who use this sorta thing to hate on "SJWs." Fuck off, take your image and shove it up your ass. You are a despicable person for using this situation to attack people, and especially for using this as a reason to attack the idea of inclusion gay characters. Heather was bisexual if not outright lesbian, and there were no issues with her inclusion.

Every time I come to Serenes, the shit stank gets stronger.

1) You could, I dunno, use the report button or something.

2) Except we sort of don't? Messages and text can be interpreted multiple different ways, without the original writer literally going "yeah this is what I meant" it's impossible to know what the writers exactly meant this support to be.

3) But nobody in this thread is attacking the inclusion of gay characters, where did you get this from.

4) And nobody really has a problem now

"gay conversation theraphy" wow, we're back to this shit again? You and that image guy are both terrible, but equally bad. And the only place that still cares about this shit about a gag support is serenesforest, so ironically you're calling yourself an idiot. This thread sucks. Don't buy the game, leave forever. Save yourself some trouble.

I only come here to advertise my own FE hack, because the games IS makes are terrible.

Your "I'm objective because you're both terrible" stance is laughable. I've had family members who were scarred for decades by parents who forced them to go to those therapies; and it's under the same assumption, that Soleil's sexuality is a "problem to be cured" rather than an integral part of her character. The game's handling of this is appalling; they "include" gay characters, but only to demean their sexual preference.

But what really gets me is that people around here are so dismissive of the complaints of people they don't identify with. The fact that FE is just another battleground in this imaginary "SJW war" is absolutely fucking disgusting. Why can't we just call intolerance for what it is?

Edited by Arch

Oh my lord people get a grip. Its stupid, badly written, and poorly handled support for a badly written, one note character! Nothing more! I cannot believe this has gone on for 31 pages! Let it go I'm sure once its hits the states the fellas here will jump on it like pack animals so I don't know why people are taking something like this so seriously.
tumblr_inline_ncuo997fml1rptadn.gif

Oh my lord people get a grip. Its stupid, badly written, and poorly handled support for a badly written, one note character! Nothing more! I cannot believe this has gone on for 31 pages! Let it go I'm sure once its hits the states the fellas here will jump on it like pack animals so I don't know why people are taking something like this so seriously.

The fact that people just get annoyed and dismissive, like you, when something like this gets brought to attention is exactly why we need to talk about this and why it is NOT OKAY!

Then why are you here in this forum in the first place?

Because the current direction of the FE series, which I have loved for many years, is bizarre and outrageously bad and I will speak out as much as I damn please, because I have every much of a right to post here as you. Even if you don't like what I have to say. Edited by Arch

Oh my lord people get a grip. Its a gag, parody, and funny support for a comical written, one note character! Nothing more! I cannot believe this has gone on for 31 pages! Let it go I'm sure once its hits the states the fellas here will jump on it like pack animals so I don't know why people are taking something like this so seriously.

tumblr_inline_ncuo997fml1rptadn.gif

That better...

Was gonna write another long post but I just gonna used your's for convenience sake.

Edited by Awakener_

The fact that people just get angry and dismissive, like you, when something like this gets brought to attention is exactly why we need to talk about this and why it is NOT OKAY!

You are blowing this out of proportions. This a bad support not many people are going to debate it but to think it has some hidden agenda or message is just absolutely asinine.

No one who actually read and understood the support is dismissing it, but we're also not doing a damn witchhunt because japanese people did a japanese joke and not because they have a secret hitler plan genocide for homosexuals as they laugh manically to turn the gays into straight.

Like christ, did you have a 100 post tirade when Tharja's support with Robin came out? At least you'd be consistent.