Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

I wonder if I pair up +Spd, and -Luck, and Lance Fighter Female Kamui with Tsubaki with the skill DLC Speed Drain to help his Speed Growth more useful, and these are the skills I will be using for Falcon Warrior Tsubaki

Lancefaire

Speed Drain?

Wing Shield/Aegis, or Aggressor

Swallow Strike, or Maybe 3rd Route Galeforce??

And Maybe Astra

What do you think???

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm running a +MAG/-DEF male Avatar with a Dark Mage/Sorcerer/Dark Knight secondary class tree on Hoshido's Birthright route (therefore satisfying my preference for a magic user while also providing a class tree that Hoshido cannot get except through captured generics otherwise) and am planning to marry him to Hinoka!Matoi (Pegasus Warrior/Samurai/Lance Fighter)….

Whom should I have my Avatar buddy with (I'm not sure if he can get classes with everyone he A ranks with, or whether he just gets to buddy seal with one of them of his choice)? My thoughts include:

--- Ryoma, for Swordfaire, as Yato runs off this and Dark Knight can use Swords and Magic. Also, Astra.

--- Tsukuyomi, for Tomefaire, which could be used in the Spellcaster classes, or for Breaking Sky.

--- Do you have other opinions?

Whom should I have Matoi buddy with?

---Sophie? Open Assault gives Matoi another +3 damage bonus… stacked with Lancefaire (Holy Lancer) and Presicent Victory (A+ Hinoka + Setsuna, inherited onto Matoi), that could be a fairly easy +12 damage (+3 + 4 + 5 = +12) without weakening Matoi's defenses…. or alternately, Pegasus Knight + Rescue, or Swallow Strike + Mirror Strike + Diamond Strike + Lancefaire + Prescient Victory or something like that…

--- Or would others argue for Mitama or Syalla/Shara over Sophie?

As an alternate…

Matoi can also happen to get 4 Seals with Hinoka as her mother and the Avatar w/Dark Mage as her husband… that might be a highly niche build and might not necessarily make the best use of her Prodigy, but technically she could get Strength Seal (Weapon Master, from Subaki's class inheritance to her), Magic Seal (Dark Knight, from marriage to Avatar), Defense Seal (Lance Fighter, from Hinoka's class inheritance to her) and Speed Seal (Holy Lancer, form Hinoka's class inheritance to her).

I wonder if I pair up +Spd, and -Luck, and Lance Fighter Female Kamui with Tsubaki with the skill DLC Speed Drain to help his Speed Growth more useful, and these are the skills I will be using for Falcon Warrior Tsubaki

Lancefaire

Speed Drain?

Wing Shield/Aegis, or Aggressor

Swallow Strike, or Maybe 3rd Route Galeforce??

And Maybe Astra

What do you think???

Tsubaki has no way of getting Aegis if you go Lance Fighter, and Galeforce sucks. Go with Lancefaire, Speed Drain, Aggressor, Swallow Strike and Astra. +Spd/-Luk is ok

soo I was looking at crimson and her entire class set. Im pretty much stuck between what I would want kanna to pick up between luna and pavise but pavise seems more useful here since kanna will at least get dragon fang also looking at what sort of asset/flaw to go here. I want to say +spd/-str but not sure

I really depends on what role you want Kanna to have. Is she going to be a tank?

If I'm running a +MAG/-DEF male Avatar with a Dark Mage/Sorcerer/Dark Knight secondary class tree on Hoshido's Birthright route (therefore satisfying my preference for a magic user while also providing a class tree that Hoshido cannot get except through captured generics otherwise) and am planning to marry him to Hinoka!Matoi (Pegasus Warrior/Samurai/Lance Fighter)….

Whom should I have my Avatar buddy with (I'm not sure if he can get classes with everyone he A ranks with, or whether he just gets to buddy seal with one of them of his choice)? My thoughts include:

--- Ryoma, for Swordfaire, as Yato runs off this and Dark Knight can use Swords and Magic. Also, Astra.

--- Tsukuyomi, for Tomefaire, which could be used in the Spellcaster classes, or for Breaking Sky.

--- Do you have other opinions?

Whom should I have Matoi buddy with?

---Sophie? Open Assault gives Matoi another +3 damage bonus… stacked with Lancefaire (Holy Lancer) and Presicent Victory (A+ Hinoka + Setsuna, inherited onto Matoi), that could be a fairly easy +12 damage (+3 + 4 + 5 = +12) without weakening Matoi's defenses…. or alternately, Pegasus Knight + Rescue, or Swallow Strike + Mirror Strike + Diamond Strike + Lancefaire + Prescient Victory or something like that…

--- Or would others argue for Mitama or Syalla/Shara over Sophie?

As an alternate…

Matoi can also happen to get 4 Seals with Hinoka as her mother and the Avatar w/Dark Mage as her husband… that might be a highly niche build and might not necessarily make the best use of her Prodigy, but technically she could get Strength Seal (Weapon Master, from Subaki's class inheritance to her), Magic Seal (Dark Knight, from marriage to Avatar), Defense Seal (Lance Fighter, from Hinoka's class inheritance to her) and Speed Seal (Holy Lancer, form Hinoka's class inheritance to her).

Kamui gets the class of whoever he A supports, so there's no problem there. I think Matoi'd benefit from Sophie the most, mainly to increase her sheer power and defenses.

Edited by Soen

Okay, so the Avatar can buddy seal with an unlimited number of same-gendered characters, unlike the others who can only do this for one… got it.

Thanks for the input… that reassures me, seeing that you agree that Hinoka!Matoi + Sophie is the best buddy pair for Hinoka!Matoi.

So that would complete my Matoi's class set as:

Basic classes: Pegasus Warrior, Samurai, Lance Fighter, Cavalier (Buddy), Dark Mage (Marriage)

Advanced classes: Falcon Warrior [lance/staff], Golden Kite Warrior [lance/bow], Trueblade [sword], Weapon Master [sword/lance/axe], Holy Lancer [lance], Basara [lance/tome], Paladin [sword/lance], Great Knight [sword/lance/axe], Sorcerer [tome], Dark Knight [sword/tome]

Skills (from personal class, father's class, mother's class, buddy's class, and husband's class):

Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart, Rally Speed, Mirror Strike, Soar, Sun God

Flowing Strike, Vantage, Astra, Swordfaire, Strength Seal, Line of Death

Defense Seal, Substitute, Speed Seal, Lancefaire, Breaking Sky, Flamboyant

Open Assault, Rescue, Defender, Aegis, Luna, Diamond Strike

Bind, Devilish Wind, Strength Seal, Lifetaker, Vengeance, Bow Breaker

Plus, she can inherit a skill [one each] from her parents, potentially from a class they've Buddy Sealed into, thus picking up skills originating with other characters:

Hinoka's A+ Buddies:

Sakura [Priestess Skills: Miracle, Rally Luck, Rally Magic, Tomefaire, Magic Counter, Renewal],

Setsuna[bowman Skills: Skill +2, Prescient Victory, Raven Strike, Bowfaire],

Aqua [i assume Pegasus skills, so wasted, I presume]

Subaki's A+ Buddies:

Saizou: [Ninja Skills: Locktouch, Snake Venom, Lethality, Kunaifaire, Puppet Break, Copycat Puppet]

Hinata: [i assume Samurai skills, so wasted, I presume]

Asama: [Priest Skills: Miracle, Rally Luck, Rally Magic, Tomefaire, Magic Counter, Renewal]

Hinoka can also A+ with Camilla, and Subaki can also A+ with Zero, but those are third route only….

Who would people suggest Matoi's parent's (Hinoka and Subaki) should A+ with?

My initial opinion is that Hinoka should so with Setsuna to open up the Holy Bowman tree, then should master seal into Golden Kite Warrior [if handling this in an efficient manner], which presumably will start picking up the Bowman skills [as it shares a base class with Pegasus and Bowman and Bowman was just gained…. would this work, by the way]… so at level 2 promoted she'd pick up Skill+2 and and level 3 promoted she'd pick up Prescient Victory…. she could also do it at any point in 1st tier classes if a Second Seal was available by just spending 2 levels as Bowman itself, although doing it through Golden Kite Warrior lets her keep her lance rank and there seem to be more master seals available in the shop than Second seals early on….

But perhaps others have a different opinion…

For Tsubaki, I'm guessing people will tell me "Saizou", but maybe others will have different opinions?

So I have been working out my pairings for the 3ed route, and have for the most part figured out some of the pairings. However, I am now left with a handful of 3ed route only pairings that are still left open to me, and I am trying to figure out if any of these are viable enough to be worth pursuing.

The ones left are

Arthur x Setsuna

Arthur x Kagarou

Flannel x Rinka

Flannel x Hana

Nishiki x Pieri

Nishiki x Charlotte

Saizou x Berka

Saizou x Charlotte

Hinata x Pieri

Lazward x Orachi

Lazward x Hana

Basically I am just trying to figure out who in this list is worth going with the remaining 3ed route only pairings and who is best left going with someone from their own route.

As a side note: Do the Seal abilities stack with other debuffs from stuff like Kunai? I am thinking of trying to turn Kaze's kid into a debuffer, and want to know if I should give her Defense Seal and Resistance Seal, or if they don't stack to just get the other Seals

I would go for Breaking Sky, personally. Luna isn't bad, but Deere wouldn't say no to a more reliable proc.

Flamboyant may be useful if he is specifically A+ing with Gurei for Lethality abuse.

Is multi-procing still viable in Fates? Since in Awakening Aether + Luna and Ignis + Luna were both very good options. I'd think Luna + Breaking Sky, Luna + Dragon Claw, and Dragon Claw + Breaking Sky would be just as viable

Edited by TheWerdna

Who would people suggest Matoi's parent's (Hinoka and Subaki) should A+ with?

My initial opinion is that Hinoka should so with Setsuna to open up the Holy Bowman tree, then should master seal into Golden Kite Warrior [if handling this in an efficient manner], which presumably will start picking up the Bowman skills [as it shares a base class with Pegasus and Bowman and Bowman was just gained…. would this work, by the way]… so at level 2 promoted she'd pick up Skill+2 and and level 3 promoted she'd pick up Prescient Victory…. she could also do it at any point in 1st tier classes if a Second Seal was available by just spending 2 levels as Bowman itself, although doing it through Golden Kite Warrior lets her keep her lance rank and there seem to be more master seals available in the shop than Second seals early on….

But perhaps others have a different opinion…

For Tsubaki, I'm guessing people will tell me "Saizou", but maybe others will have different opinions?

Hinoka/Setsuna and Tsubaki/Saizou is really no contest imo. A Priest A+ would be more useful if Hinoka and Tsubaki had major inclination towards magic, which they don't really have. If you do want to make Matoi a Dark Mage Tomefaire would be worth picking up though. I would get it through Hinoka/Sakura, since Copycat is a really useful skill to pass.

So I have been working out my pairings for the 3ed route, and have for the most part figured out some of the pairings. However, I am now left with a handful of 3ed route only pairings that are still left open to me, and I am trying to figure out if any of these are viable enough to be worth pursuing.

The ones left are

Arthur x Setsuna

Arthur x Kagarou

Flannel x Rinka

Flannel x Hana

Nishiki x Pieri

Nishiki x Charlotte

Saizou x Berka

Saizou x Charlotte

Hinata x Pieri

Lazward x Orachi

Lazward x Hana

Both Arthur pairings, Hana!Velour, Hana!Soleil, Charlotte!Kinu and Pieri!Hisame are all notable.

Lutz gets good stats from either of the suggested moms, but would prefer Kagerou in order to have Ninja inheritance for Snake Venom and Copycat, and Kagerou can pass Breaking Sky from her Spellcaster option. He also gets 5 strength and 3 skill from the pair, so it would be worth exploring. Setsuna can also pass Copycat, but Bowman is less useful to Lutz than Ninja imo.

Hana benefits both Velour and Soleil, mostly from her modifiers but neither mind the skills that she passes down either from Samurai. Hana is kind of a mods mother at her core. She doesn't have the utility of a mother like Oboro, but her stat spread is exceptional. Some kids use Hana better, particularly her speed, but neither kid is a horrible option for her to mother. Charlotte!Kinu is also similar in that sense to Hana. Better uses of Charlotte exist but Kinu is by no means a bad use. (especially with 5 strength, 6 speed and Breaking Sky access as a Berserker)

Pieri/Hinata is really more for Pieri's sake since she wants a good class to take advantage of Killer Instinct but Hisame gets a few things from her. Pieri can A+ Kagerou and pass Copycat or something to free Hisame to A+ Shigure for Pegasus line. Luna also isn't bad if Hinata isn't able to pass Breaking Sky from A+ Nishiki.

Edited by HeoandReo

Hinoka/Setsuna and Tsubaki/Saizou is really no contest imo. A Priest A+ would be more useful if Hinoka and Tsubaki had major inclination towards magic, which they don't really have. If you do want to make Matoi a Dark Mage Tomefaire would be worth picking up though. I would get it through Hinoka/Sakura, since Copycat is a really useful skill to pass.

Both Arthur pairings, Hana!Velour, Hana!Soleil, Charlotte!Kinu and Pieri!Hisame are all notable.

Lutz gets good stats from either of the suggested moms, but would prefer Kagerou in order to have Ninja inheritance for Snake Venom and Copycat, and Kagerou can pass Breaking Sky from her Spellcaster option. He also gets 5 strength and 3 skill from the pair, so it would be worth exploring. Setsuna can also pass Copycat, but Bowman is less useful to Lutz than Ninja imo.

Hana benefits both Velour and Soleil, mostly from her modifiers but neither mind the skills that she passes down either from Samurai. Hana is kind of a mods mother at her core. She doesn't have the utility of a mother like Oboro, but her stat spread is exceptional. Some kids use Hana better, particularly her speed, but neither kid is a horrible option for her to mother. Charlotte!Kinu is also similar in that sense to Hana. Better uses of Charlotte exist but Kinu is by no means a bad use. (especially with 5 strength, 6 speed and Breaking Sky access as a Berserker)

Pieri/Hinata is really more for Pieri's sake since she wants a good class to take advantage of Killer Instinct but Hisame gets a few things from her. Pieri can A+ Kagerou and pass Copycat or something to free Hisame to A+ Shigure for Pegasus line. Luna also isn't bad if Hinata isn't able to pass Breaking Sky from A+ Nishiki.

Alright, thanks for the input :D

Also, would Breaking Sky and Luna on the same char be a good idea? Just recalling the insane consistent damage of my Aether + Luna and Ignis + Luna units in Awakening.

Also, which would be better, Camilia x Rymoa or Camila x Takumi?

Edited by TheWerdna

So I am marrying Sakura with Nishiki and Elise with Flannel.

What are good set-up for Kinu and Velour?

Well, for the Dark Mage options of Matoi, it would have been Dark Knight over Sorcerer, really, given her magic stat…. it probably wouldn't even be her final class… just stopping by it for a few levels, if she wanted to, for stuff like Lifetaker (which could provide 25-30 HP worth of healing, depending on her class…. it could even allow her to take a hit in combat, and then if she kills the enemy (such as on her double) she could then get lots if not all of that HP back.

And even if I were to use Dark Knight as her final class, I'd probably have her use her Swordfaire from her inherent Trueblade class. It would play to her strengths…. she has a +1 magic mod, Dark Knight would have 32+1 Strength at cap vs. 31 magic (which she'd take ages to reach).

Anyways, its good to see that people largely agree with my basic reasoning….

And Hinoka + Setsuna would mean that both of them would have the option of A+ each other (although it doesn't have to be mutual), which means Setsuna could get Swallow Strike as well and double even better than she already does, including against similar fast units.

Saziou would also get Swallow Strike as an option if he wanted it, and Tsubaki would gain access to lock picking, venom, etc.

The biggest argument that I might see for the Priest options would be either Renewal for passive healing or maybe magic counter for PvP trolling… except I'm not really into PvP.

As for TheWerdna's question of Camilla with Ryouma or Takumi…

Camila x Ryouma:

Camila: Wyvern Rider, Dark Mage, Samurai; Ryouma: Samurai, Pegasus Warrior, Wyvern Rider; Shinonome: Lance Fighter, Samurai, Wyvern Rider

Camilla x Takumi:

Camila: Wyvern Rider, Dark Mage, Bowman; Takumi: Bowman, Lance Fighter, Wyvern Rider ; Kisaragi: Bowman, Lance Fighter, Wyvern Rider

These are the class sets that would result… what interests you more?

As for TheWerdna's question of Camilla with Ryouma or Takumi…

Camila x Ryouma:

Camila: Wyvern Rider, Dark Mage, Samurai; Ryouma: Samurai, Pegasus Warrior, Wyvern Rider; Shinonome: Lance Fighter, Samurai, Wyvern Rider

Camilla x Takumi:

Camila: Wyvern Rider, Dark Mage, Bowman; Takumi: Bowman, Lance Fighter, Wyvern Rider ; Kisaragi: Bowman, Lance Fighter, Wyvern Rider

These are the class sets that would result… what interests you more?

I guess the question really comes down to which of the two have the better options amongst my remaining pairings.

I have Rinka, Setsuna, Mozume, and Felicia left as options for whoever doesn't get Camilia.

Finally, who are good options for Elise to be paired with? I figure she wouldn't go good with either Ruouma or Takumi.

Also, so no one has an answer on having two proc skills (Luna and Breaking Sky) on the same character?

Edited by TheWerdna

Proc stacking still has the same pros and cons as before: increasing the chance of getting a proc at all, but at a minimum one of your skills is always dormant because only one proc can trigger at a time.

It could work nicely, that said.

Elise is good with Odin(Really the only magical father in Nohr)or in my opinion Ryoma.While for just the sake of things I would pair her with Takumi(So the age gap is not as big)relatively speaking Ryoma is pretty good.

Ryoma has a 0 in Mag mods and Elise has a 3 so Shinonome can make a pretty good Basara.Sadly thanks to Elise Ryoma's 1 Str mod goes to 0.

Takumi is in the same case as Ryoma(Having 1 Str and 0 Mag), but Kisaragi is much better physical then magical.(Unless you wnat to be a Holy Bowman and abuse a Shining Bow, but I find that is better with Sakura)

Proc stacking still has the same pros and cons as before: increasing the chance of getting a proc at all, but at a minimum one of your skills is always dormant because only one proc can trigger at a time.

It could work nicely, that said.

I imagine Luna and Breaking Sky would work better than Luna and Ignis did in Awakening. For someone with lets say 30 skill as the max average, you'd have a 30% chance of triggering the stronger (at least, I think it still is) Luna, then 31.5% chance for Breaking Sky (45% of 70). Then throw in Flamboyancy (or whatever its called) and then said hypothetical character would have an 45% Luna proc rate and and 37.125% Breaking Sky proc rate, for a total of 82.125% of something procing.

I was mainly just asking in case the rules changed for how it works or something.

So that would be like, a good 60+ percent chance of something procing. Reminds me of the monster that was my Aether, Luna, Limit Break, Galeforce, Rightful King Sumia!Lucina and her 78.92% chance to proc either Aether or Luna (38% on Aether, 40.92% on Luna).

Elise is good with Odin(Really the only magical father in Nohr)or in my opinion Ryoma.While for just the sake of things I would pair her with Takumi(So the age gap is not as big)relatively speaking Ryoma is pretty good.

Ryoma has a 0 in Mag mods and Elise has a 3 so Shinonome can make a pretty good Basara.Sadly thanks to Elise Ryoma's 1 Str mod goes to 0.

Takumi is in the same case as Ryoma(Having 1 Str and 0 Mag), but Kisaragi is much better physical then magical.(Unless you wnat to be a Holy Bowman and abuse a Shining Bow, but I find that is better with Sakura)

So, if there are no other good pairs for Elise, I will probably just put her with either Ryoma or Takumi then. (I refuse to pair Odin with anyone but Luna, since dammit, Odin x Severa is probably my 2ed favorite ship in Awakening)

Now I just got to pair up who I have left.

Males: Nishiki, Tsubaki, Joker, Kaze, Tsukoyomi, Lazward. (someone is going to need to be forever alone. Leaning towards poor Inigo on that, if only to preserve my Awakening pairings)

Females: Setsuna, Rinka, Charlotte, Felicia, Berka.

Suggestions?

Edited by TheWerdna

As for your left overs I would suggest(BTW I am leaving Lazwald since you sad you were thinking of letting him be solo)

Rinka and Tsukuyomi is actually quite good.Rinka does not damage the Mag mod of Syalla and the Mag boost from Tsukuyomi as an Exorcist will really help her as a Shura.

I would pair Setsuna with Subaki.While there would be some overlap, it would make a kick ass GKW Matoi with access to Bowfaire and Astra.Marry her to Shinonome, get Breaking Sky and Flamboyant and bam, super Matoi.(Though that -1 Str mod may hurt a bit)

I guess Nishiki and Felicia could work.It would make a really good magical Kinu who can go Basara or Exorcist to kick some but.(But she will have a -1 Str mod)

Charlotte and Joker is a must.I mean Deere will have a +5 Str mod.Make him a Berserker or Paladin and you are set.

That leaves Kaze and Berka.It kind of sucks since Mido will have a whooping -3 Str mod but really Mido is a better support then offensive unit so yeah.

As for your left overs I would suggest(BTW I am leaving Lazwald since you sad you were thinking of letting him be solo)

Rinka and Tsukuyomi is actually quite good.Rinka does not damage the Mag mod of Syalla and the Mag boost from Tsukuyomi as an Exorcist will really help her as a Shura.

I would pair Setsuna with Subaki.While there would be some overlap, it would make a kick ass GKW Matoi with access to Bowfaire and Astra.Marry her to Shinonome, get Breaking Sky and Flamboyant and bam, super Matoi.(Though that -1 Str mod may hurt a bit)

I guess Nishiki and Felicia could work.It would make a really good magical Kinu who can go Basara or Exorcist to kick some but.(But she will have a -1 Str mod)

Charlotte and Joker is a must.I mean Deere will have a +5 Str mod.Make him a Berserker or Paladin and you are set.

That leaves Kaze and Berka.It kind of sucks since Mido will have a whooping -3 Str mod but really Mido is a better support then offensive unit so yeah.

Alright, thanks for the input.

Question, does the debuff from Kunai stack with the Seal abilities? If so, I may try to make Mido a massive debuffing support unit, which could be fun.

Also, do multiple abilities that increase/reduce damage in a 2 square radius stack with eachother (not including the exact same skill of course)

Edited by TheWerdna

Alright, thanks for the input.

Question, does the debuff from Kunai stack with the Seal abilities? If so, I may try to make Mido a massive debuffing support unit, which could be fun.

If you want, try this on Hoshido/Third Path:

Setsuna!Kisaragi@Elite Ninja (From Setsuna)

+2/+1/+5(!!!)/+2/+1/+0/-2

-Strength Seal (Takumi A+ Hinata/Ryoma)

-Magic Seal (Marriage to Kamui w/DM secondary/F!Kanna under the same circumstances/Ophelia on Third Path)

-Speed Seal (Takumi passes down Lance Fighter)

-Defense Seal (See above)

-Resistance Seal (Setsuna A+ Rinkah)

Of course some offensive skills might help him out, but he's not really supposed to be an offensive unit. He's just there to loosen the lid of the pickle jar.

If you want, try this on Hoshido/Third Path:

Setsuna!Kisaragi@Elite Ninja (From Setsuna)

+2/+1/+5(!!!)/+2/+1/+0/-2

-Strength Seal (Takumi A+ Hinata/Ryoma)

-Magic Seal (Marriage to Kamui w/DM secondary/F!Kanna under the same circumstances/Ophelia on Third Path)

-Speed Seal (Takumi passes down Lance Fighter)

-Defense Seal (See above)

-Resistance Seal (Setsuna A+ Rinkah)

Of course some offensive skills might help him out, but he's not really supposed to be an offensive unit. He's just there to loosen the lid of the pickle jar.

Interesting, I will look into this.

Also, has anyone who has played the game figured out how the Nohr Skill works? The wiki seems to say its only passive battle skills, but I've also heard other claim otherwise.

Edited by TheWerdna

So, if there are no other good pairs for Elise, I will probably just put her with either Ryoma or Takumi then. (I refuse to pair Odin with anyone but Luna, since dammit, Odin x Severa is probably my 2ed favorite ship in Awakening)

Now I just got to pair up who I have left.

Males: Nishiki, Tsubaki, Joker, Kaze, Tsukoyomi, Lazward. (someone is going to need to be forever alone. Leaning towards poor Inigo on that, if only to preserve my Awakening pairings)

Females: Setsuna, Rinka, Charlotte, Felicia, Berka.

Suggestions?

Nishiki/Setsuna would work pretty well. Kinu gets access to Prescient Strike which helps her offense, and Setsuna can pass down one of Swallow Strike(A+ Hinoka) or Copycat. Also gets +6 speed, which helps her a ton in PvP. Tsukuyomi/Setsuna is a good choice too, as is Kaze/Setsuna. All of those options take advantage of Setsuna's strengths as a mother. (high speed, good inheritances) Really, Setsuna is probably one of the best moms in the game in my opinion - you'd be hard pressed to find a particularly bad use of her.

Belka is one of the worst imo in comparison. Her A+s are kind of eh outside of Oboro and -1 str/-2 speed is really bad in a game where most kids lean physical. I wouldn't put her with Kaze or Joker, though Lazward could work. Pass Breaking Sky and it might be useful.

Charlotte/Joker is good. Kaze works too but Joker takes fuller advantage of her strength mod. Maybe pick up Breaking Sky from the Logbook.

Felicia should go with Tsukuyomi. She buffs his best stats and doesn't hurt skill or his defenses that much. The main thing Shara is concerned about skillwise is an A+ with Matoi, so she'll be fine.

Rinkah... is very tough to place in my experience. She's like Belka in that her stats are problematic in a strength/speed based setting. She has great inheritances though. She can pass Breaking Sky or Copycat to whoever is left from Tsubaki/Midoriko. She does give +6 defense to Matoi, which is kinda noteworthy.

Tsubaki has no way of getting Aegis if you go Lance Fighter, and Galeforce sucks. Go with Lancefaire, Speed Drain, Aggressor, Swallow Strike and Astra. +Spd/-Luk is ok

Or Astra/Breaking Sky

And

Is Aegis still good in if/Fates, or it's still the same as Awakening???

Becuz u can buy skills through streetpass shops online

Edited by Tide of Waves

What do we think of Orochi!Matoi? I'm thinking about using Sakura!Gurei offensively, and it looks like Orochi!Matoi can do the Copycat Healer thing nearly as well as Orochi!Gurei. As a healer, Matoi doesn't mind the decreased speed and strength she inherits from Tsubaki.

+5 skl, +4 mag, +2 def, +1 res, 0 str, -1 lck, -3 spd

She gets Copycat Puppet from either parent's A+ options and the Rod Knight tree from marrying Deere.

Edited by anachronism89

About proc stacking, it's certainly a viable tactic to stack up to two proc skills as long as the one with higher priority will generally give a better result, which is often the case. Ignoring proc rates and looking only at the effect, Luna's damage output is still more reliable than that of Breaking Sky, because even the squishiest of mages can be expected to have Def in the 20s whereas they could easily have close to 0 Str. Luna will most likely take priority over Breaking Sky because of its lower activation rate, so this particular combination is pretty solid imo.

Say you have 30 Skill.

Chance of getting Luna = 30%.

If Luna takes priority over Breaking Sky, Breaking Sky can only activate if Luna fails.

Chance of getting Breaking Sky = 70% * 45% = 31%.

Total chance of getting some proc to activate = 30 + 31 = 61%.

This will only actively work against you if you fight a bunch of glass cannons that hit like a truck, but generally it should increase the overall average damage output.

Edited by Bovinian

Well, assuming growths are inherited, Orochi Matoi would have (65% Magic + 15% Magic + 20% Magic)/3 = 33.33% magic….

So she's not necessarily going to be a stellar healer for a long time…. she might have a high magic mod, but her growth rate is slightly more than half of that of her mother's…. but then against, healing isn't terribly sensitive to magic (MAG/3), so a few points lost might not make a huge difference… but don't expect she's going to be hitting that stat cap for a while..

I've finally decided on these pairings for Hoshido run:

FKamui x Takumi

Ryoma x Kagerou

Joker x Hinoka

Saizou x Sakura

Subaki x Oboro

Asama x Setsuna

Nishiki x Hana

So all that's left are Kaze, Silas, Aqua, Tsukuyomi, and Hinata.

Edited by Ebony

I've finally decided on these pairings for Hoshido run:

FKamui x Takumi

Ryoma x Kagerou

Joker x Hinoka

Saizou x Sakura

Subaki x Oboro

Asama x Setsuna

Nishiki x Kaze

So all that's left are Kaze, Silas, Aqua, Tsukuyomi, and Hinata.

Not sure who you married Nishiki to, since he and Kaze can't marry each other. (They'd make a hell of a good kid if they could though. +6 speed with Ninja and Spellcaster access? Sign me up.)

Hana, Rinkah, Felicia and Orochi are left in addition to Aqua. I would give Aqua either to Kaze or Tsukuyomi though. Both of their kids benefit a lot from Aqua's speed boost and Pegasus access.

Sophie would also do really well with Hana as her mother. Samurai access is great and if she's so inclined, Hana can A+ with Setsuna to pass Prescient Victory or Bowfaire, depending on what ending class Sophie will be in.

Edited by HeoandReo