Unit Optimization Thread

Morgan

Belka is good and all, but Belka is much better for kids like Ignis or Velour, as she is better for kids who can become tanks.I prefer Pieri or Charlotte as mothers for Lutz, but mainly Pieri cause Charlotte is high in demand.Pieri gives Lutz a solid proc in Luna and possibly Vengeance if you pass down Luna from Arthur.While yes it seems unneeded since Arthur also has Cav but Lutz does not inherit it from his father so.Lutz already has what he needs to be a great kid, Wyvern Lord, Axefaire, Sol etc.With Cav access he can be much better.While yes Belka gives him Peg Warrior so Swallow Strike, but other then that he gets nothing.

Long story short, Pieri is better then Belka.

Well that took out two pairings at once. As much as I don't like Pieri and I don't wanna use her, whatever's best for the kid.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that took out two pairings at once. As much as I don't like Pieri and I don't wanna use her, whatever's best for the kid.

Mozume gives fantastic skills and growths for Lutz. Look at Line of Death from Weapon Master. He'll be a beast.

Mozume gives fantastic skills and growths for Lutz. Look at Line of Death from Weapon Master. He'll be a beast.

Yeah but Mozume is so high in demand for other characters such as Sophie, Eponine, Shara and so many others.

So, I've been trying to think out some of my pairings for Invisible Kingdom (and rethinking some of my Hoshidan and Nohrian pairings)

Basically, there are 8 Hoshidan males of the 1st gen (who are non-Kamuisexuals; I won't mention this for the others as it will be implied), 8 Nohrian males of the 1st gen, 3 shared males of the 1st gen, and corresponding number of females (8Hoshidans, 8 Nohrians, 3 shared). So that's 19 gen 1 pairings to work out.

Then there are 20 children who result from these pairings (Azura, one of the 1st gen women, has a son of her own). The Avatar will join in with the 2nd gen marriage pool so that I can get all the children (and the character I wanted to have him marry is 2nd gen anyways, so that works out perfectly) and will produce a 3rd gen unit (female Kanna) who can marry the the other 2nd gens. So we get 22 people involved in the 2nd ten pairings: 20 kids of the 2nd gen, the Avatar (a 1st gen who can marry with members of the 2nd gen) and Kanna (a 3rd gen who can marry w/members of the 2nd gen). This gives us 11 men (10 second gens + male Avatar) whom can marry 11 women (10 second gens + female Kanna).

As such, there are 30 pairings to establish in order to get everyone married off. Additionally, each of these 60 characters can get a buddy seal with one character (with a possible exception for the Avatar).

I intend to (obviously not in a no-grind playthrough) pair everyone up so that all of these characters get married… even though some like Elise and Midoriko make me a bit uneasy in pairing, I'll ignore that unease for the sake of getting all the kids. Likewise, there are certain characters I dislike (like Pieri) who nonetheless need to be paired as I have a male Avatar and one of the men with associated kids needs to marry Pieri in order for him to have a kid by the rules of the game (with Pieri being that kid's mother).

I have a few existing preferences that I am unwilling to budge on (primarily related to whom I pair my own Avatar with), but I'm willing to be flexible on the others… although I might avoid certain pairings unless they end up the only remaining choice if I REALLY hate their particular support.

I'll annotate my preferences or thoughts a bit, but not all entries will be filled in… figuring out the rest (or changes I should make) is where I could use your help:

I refuse to buy skills from MyCastle or the Logbook, so please ignore all such considerations for the purposes of this discussion

First Gen Pairings (Pairings 1-19):

1. Ryouma: Rinkah would give him Lancebreaker which could help offset his weakness to Lances (from weapon triangle), but Rinkah has horrendous stat growths that harm the offensive potential of units…. she really seems that she should go to a defensive unit instead… Camilla doesn't seem to offer much that he would want (does he really want Wyvern), although I suppose Shinonome could be a Lancefaire Wyvern Lord (but he'd probably prefer Holy Lancer)….. he can pass Pegasus onto Hana if the two of them marry, which would grant Swallow Strike to her [but not his son unless he reclasses to Pegasus first]… it would also give Shinomome really high attack and speed… although poor defenses (we're talking something like a -4 DEF mod, which could be VERY dangerous….

2. Takumi: Oboro has a crush on him, so there's that, although Takumi already has Lance Fighter and so the marriage seal would be wasted for him… but Kisaragi would gain the ability to use Bowman, Lancer, and Herb Merchant, which also includes Copycat (and Puppeteer, a Bow + Hidden class)…. Setsuna gives Kisaragi Bowman, Lancer, and Ninja, which also allows for Puppeteer (and with both its faires even); she fixes Kisaragi's speed even more, but her low growths are somewhat undesirable until the point that Kisaragi manages to finally cap

3. Asama

4. Hinata

5. Tsubaki/Subaki --> Tsubaki x Hinoka Note: Fixed pairing; gives Matoi the Lance Fighter tree, which complements her options well. Makes Matoi a Hoshidan princess and also gives her Dragon's Vein. Makes Matoi a redhead. Has better stat growths than Luna Matoi would.

6. Saizou: I could possibly stick him with Kagerou do to their shared history in the supports, although I'm not sure about this one

7. Nishiki

8. Tsukuyomi ---> Possibilities: Orochi or Nyx….. I don't really like Nyx and Zero (while it makes a nice magic Eponine, I read the support convo and Zero's behavior towards Nyx really creeped me out… I suppose I COULD just put up with it anyways, but I'd like to try to avoid pairing Nyx with him…. also, unless I'm mistaken, Nyx and Zero don't benefit from marriage sealing with each other)….. Orochi x Tsukuyomi is a Hoshido route possibility to… Nyx x Tsukyomi gives Shara Dark Mage and Spellcaster and with Dark Mage lets her more closely emulate Tharja (and get black hair like she had).

9. Marx/Xander --> Incomplete List of Possibilites: Charlotte (Xander and Seigbert get Fighter/Bersekerer/Hero, which means Sol access and HP+5 for them; Seigbert also gets a weapon faire for his Wyvern class and very high strength, although bad resistance); Effie (overlap in Great Knight, but Effie, Seigbert, and Xander get access to Pavise + Aegis… not that that's necessarily reliable, but its still something that's out there… also, a similarly strong Seigbert); Luna also gives Xander access to Sol (which I think fits very well with his defensive orientation, particularly with that +4 Def from his personal weapon)…. I do kind of like the idea of Luna with Lazward given Awakening, but I'm not utterly committed to it either.

10. Leon/Leo ---> Leon x Sakura Tentative pairing; Tomefaire access for Leo and Foleo, plus magically orientated stats and +SPD for Foleo.

11. Odin ---> Odin x Elise Tenative pairing; I'm uncomfortable with pairing Elise in the first place, but this should make a very good magical Ophelia, plus she gets some resemblance to Lissa. Odin gets another tome class (and staff access), while Elise gets a more offensively orientated tome class (35 Magic, S-rank tomes) if she wanted to do something different…. plus Ophelia can get both. Elise and Ophelia will both be capable of being Swallow Strike mages if Elise A+'s with Aqua and then passes down Swallow Strike

12. Zero --> Eponine has high resistance growth, so maybe she'd like a high resistance mother… Pieri and Setsuna both fit this bill… Pieri is a psycho and Zero is a sadist… Setsuna would give Zero Bowfaire (complementing what is likely going to be his primary weapon, bows) and Zero gives Setsuna another two promoted Bow Classes (Adventurer and Bow Knight)

13. Lazward ---> Possibilities: Luna is one of my instinctive thoughts due to Awakening and the ability to proliferate Pegasus/Swallow strike to more Nohrian children, as well as for her to be able to pick up Elite Ninja. But the mods are bland. Alternates could include Charlotte (overlaps Hero with Lazward, but provides Soleili with Axefaire and Berserker to make use of her extremely high strength)

14. Harold/Arthur ---> Effie could benefit from his Berserker, and it provides a means to pass Luna without Harold having to go to Great Knight first… also means Harold gets (the admittedly often overrated) PavGis.

15. Flannel ---> Effie could also pick up fighter this way and give Velour Luna, although some might argue that Camilla's or Berka's Deadly Breath might be a more useful combo with Four Fangs.. Rinkah is an interesting option to combine Ogre Strike with Berserker for some crazy crits, but her poor growths and her attack penalties detract from her appeal… of course, Rinkah needs to be paired with SOMEONE, so some Hoshidan or Flannel or Benoit needs to take her.

16. Benoit

17. Joker/Jakob ---> Tenative: Jakob x Azura…. this seems to be one of the supports where Jakob is much nicer than his normal self…. also, fairly fast and skillful kids result and Jakob gets to increase his supportive abilities with stuff like Falcon Knight (flying healer) or Sun God (could compliment his Distinguished Son and Battle Command Auras). Shigure will get Wyvern and will have access to Rally Speed and both defensive Rallies (Defense and Resistance).

18. Cyrus/Silas

19. Suzukaze/Kaze

Available Wives (in no particular correspondence to husbands): 1. Hinoka, 2. Sakura, 3. Setsuna, 4. Oboro, 5. Kagerou, 6. Orochi, 7. Rinkah, 8. Hana, 9. Elise, 10. Camilla, 11. Belka, 12. Luna, 13. Pieri, 14. Charlotte, 15. Effie, 16. Nyx, 17. Felicia, 18. Aqua/Azura, 19. Mozume

Second Gen Pairings, including 2nd x 2nd, 1st x 2nd, and 2nd x 3rd (Pairings 20-30)

20. Kamui/Corrin ---> Kamui x Hinoka!Matoi Note: Fixed pairing; I'm a fan of Matoi following in the footsteps of Cordelia and feel that this is a generally better Matoi than the popular Luna!Matoi, while still preserving the redhead resemblance to Cordelia. Kamui might be a Dark Mage (Dark Knights are cool), although this is more for him and/or Kanna… Matoi doesn't' benefit from it as much… although in Invisible Kingdom he does get his Swords + Tomes (a combo I like) from Dark Blood, so perhaps he should run a secondary he's not necessarily actually use himself for inheritance onto Kanna or marriage seal transference onto Matoi…. Of course, Kanna could be something like a Swallow Striking Sorcerer… except Matoi has somewhat lowish magic growths, so Sorc wouldn't be an ideal fit for her… at least, not until maxed out, which then might be a very different story… although Dark Mage does let Devilish Wind slightly boost Dragonstone damage and gives Bind to offset the accuracy penalties due to Dragonstone skill reduction.

21. Dia/Deere

22. Shigure ----> Possibly with Mitama… if rallies work like in Awakening, all of them should trigger at once.. Mitama's Priestess would give him the Priest/Exorcist/Mountain Priest line, and therefore Rally Luck and Rally Defense… that way he gets 5 rallies

23. Gurei

24. Kisaragi

25. Shinonome

26. Hisame

27. Seigbert

28. Foleo

29. Ignis

30. Lutz

Available wives (in no particular correspondence to husbands): 20. Matoi, 21. Kinu, 22. Mitama, 23. Syalla, 24. Velour, 25. Ophelia, 26. Eponine, 27. Soleil, 28. Sophie, 29. Midoriko, 30. Kanna

So, what are you thoughts? I still have many 1st gen pairings to fill in, and I don't know exactly what to do with the 2nd gen….

It's actually not difficult to get Luna on most of the kids in Nohr. (Even so I think Luna is being given more credit than it deserves here because Breaking Sky has comparable damage and a better proc rate) I would argue that Belka is a bit more useful for Lutz than Pieri, if only because Swallow Strike is more valued and Great Knight access is abundant. There are tons of options for children to get Luna here.

By my count, here's what we have who can pass Luna:

Fathers(class set): Xander, Arthur, Benoit, Silas, Jakob

A+s: Leon(Xander), Lazward(Xander), Flannel(Benoit), Kaze(Xander/Silas)

Mothers: Effie, Pieri, Elise(A+ Effie), Mozume(A+ Effie), Nyx(A+ Effie), Luna(A+ Pieri), Charlotte(A+ Pieri), Felicia(A+ Pieri)

Children(Natural): Siegbert, Ignis, Deere, Sophie
Children(A+): Lutz(Ignis), Foleo(Ignis/Siegbert), Soleil(Sophie), Velour(Sophie)

For the most part, this just leaves Eponine and Ophelia as the only kids who have to work specifically to get Luna, and even so they have easy access to other procs depending on their role. Ophelia can use Vengeance well, while Eponine can get Breaking Sky from Nyx, or they can just marry Siegbert/Ignis. I wouldn't be terribly concerned with trying to optimize for Luna as a result, just because of the sheer number of ways that the kids can get it.

Edited by HeoandReo

If the (Mom+Child)/2 formula is accurate from the hypothesizing in the other thread, then Ryourinka's Shinonome goes from 50/50 HP/Str to 35/37.5. Ouch. Which sucks because I have an overwhelming preference for that pair for non-optimization reasons when not pairing either of them to Kamui. If you only care for mods only, it's at least all positive except res and a decently respectable +3 to speed. Camilla's better for his mods by a long shot, but the skills aren't as useful for him particularly, so I guess that's a tradeoff. The HP from Rinka might hurt a bit for ingame usage, though. eesh.

Shino himself does have a fairly high defensive growth, though, and Rinka at least gives him a positive def mod to take some advantage of his naturally high defense growth. Since he has access to Lancefaire and Breaking Sky naturally, the lowered strength might not be so bad. Holy Lancer also has a +10 built in crit, so if you choose to have a crit build on him, Ogre Strike can always be a nice addition to his arsenal. Reclassing Rinka to Elite Ninja 15 before recruiting Shino can also throw him Copycat, for what it's worth.

Edited by Thor Odinson

That's a fair point… any more suggestions with regard to my pairings….

I can't look as in depth as I would like since I'm in a hurry, but there's a few suggestions I can make.

I might stick with Charlotte on Xander, if only because in addition to good stats, there's an underrated niche that Siegbert can occupy - male supporter. His personal skill gives +2 attack to any female he supports, and Charlotte gives him a few good classes for both Attack and Guard Stance, namely Berserker and Hero with a relevant faire for it. A +6 strength mod means that he'll hit things hard even with Dual Strikes, and +3 speed so that he stays relevant as a solo unit for attack stance.

Best placements of Orochi imo are Gurei and Ophelia. Gurei becomes a good supporter while Ophelia focuses on crit builds. Shara could work too but she really wants to capitalize on that speed if she can, so Nyx is my recommendation if she's not being used on Eponine. I would do Zero/Pieri or Setsuna -> Tsukuyomi/Nyx -> Odin/Orochi if you want to preserve Saizou/Kagerou. Felicia is kind of in a hard place since she's a magic mom and most magic kids are taken, but I'll figure out something later.

Responding to SapphireFalconWing,

Azura x Nishiki….

Well, Azura would end up as Singer, Pegasus, and Spellcaster. She does get Breaking Sky from Spellcaster's Basara, so it does give her a proc, although she'll probably focus her efforts on Singing… but sure, it could be nice for when you want her to occasionally chip into combat.

Nishiki gets Fox Spirit, Spellcaster, and Pegasus… okay, so this would let him bring over Swallow Strike to his super fast Fox Spirit… basically anything he wasn't doubling before would likely be doubled thereafter.

Max stat mods for Azura!Kinu are 2 Str, 1 Mag, -1 Skl, 6 Speed (very nice), 2 luck, -4 Def (ouch), +3 Resistance

Kinu is a Fox Spirit, Spellcaster, and Pegasus, so she gets the same class build options that marriage sealed Nishki gets.

Operating under the assumption that Growths inherit as (Child's Growths + Variable Parent's Growths)/2, given my calculations on the other thread, then this would be the result for Azura!Kinu's personal growths:

30% HP, 40% Str, 20% Mag, 47.5% Skl, 57.5% Spd, 50% Lck, 22.5% Def, 42.5% Res

In her fox classes, personal + class growths, assuming my assumption is true, would be:

40% HP, 50% Str, 20% Mag, 62.5% Skl, 77.5% Spd, 60% Lck, 22.5% De, 62.5% Res

She'd be an amazing anti-mage, but she'd be quite fragile (but evasive) against physical units.

Another pairing id like to talk about is Hana!Velour

+5/+1/0/+2/0/0/+1

Great mods where it counts. Strength is great as well as a positive speed and neutral defense and resistance. Hana helps Flannel's speed mod while Flannel fixes Hana's defense mod.

Velour inherits Garou, Fighter, and Samurai. This gives her Vantage and Astra which are great offensive skills. Garou has pretty good max stats as well and with these mods it sounds it could be a good final class. She also could make an awesome berserker with Axefaire for an insane amount of strength.

Thoughts?

That seems a reasonable idea…. Hana could also get the Hero and Berserker classes (and get the faires for both of them). Naturally, Flannel gets Swordfaire for use in hero as an alternate option as well. Even if he doesn't use that, he gets the Astra proc.

Personal growths (under the assumption of Mother/2+Child/2, unconfirmed), would be:

37.5% HP, 52.5% Str, 5% mag, 42.5% Skl, 47.5% Spd, 30% Lck, 32.5% Def, 30% Res

Velour's high HP and DEF growths helped absorb some of the blow of Hana's weaknesses here… they're both weak in magic, but she won't be using it anyways.

That's a fair point… any more suggestions with regard to my pairings….

If I can add something: Effie is also a nice alternative for Asama, as he's designed to be a Frontline Combat-heavy Mountain Priest and the Knight Tree he gets from her meshes well with that role both in Weapon Synergy and Skill-set (whether you go on the offensive with Luna or the defensive with Pavise and/or Diamond Strike).

Of course, in theory, the pairing is about about giving Asama a boost in his fighting performance at the cost of Mitama's healing performance, but given your plans also include pairing her with Shigure, it opens for her the possibility of sharing the same role as his father with some extra Anti-Magic focus by becoming a really hard-hitting Falcon Warrior with her +6 Strength Mod.

The real downfall of the pairing, though, is that Effie kinda becomes the second coming of Cherche so she'd like to cash in the Bowman Tree she gets from her A+ with Mozume in order to have the Golden Kite Warrior as a medium to integrate the War Priestess class she receives out of the Marriage with her Promotions as a Knight.

Yeah but Mozume is so high in demand for other characters such as Sophie, Eponine, Shara and so many others.

Well in Nohr I'm marrying Zero, Shara won't be there, so I can put Mozume with Silas unless there's another, better option.

How viable is Elise!Ophelia as a Dark Falcon rider ?

Or is she better as a Sorcerer ? (I will probably be making my own MU a witch, so that's not an option for her~)

Also, if Ophelia's better off as a sorcerer, which unit would benefit the most as a dark falcon rider end class ?

How viable is Elise!Ophelia as a Dark Falcon rider ?

Or is she better as a Sorcerer ? (I will probably be making my own MU a witch, so that's not an option for her~)

Also, if Ophelia's better off as a sorcerer, which unit would benefit the most as a dark falcon rider end class ?

I would say go ahead.Really if you can get Elise to A+ Sakura, get TF and pass it down, Ophelia will be great.She does not need Nosferatu since it is not that good unless you are making a strict tank so yeah.Really Elise!Ophelia can be anything magical.Though it sucks she misses out of Excalibur though.

I would say go ahead.Really if you can get Elise to A+ Sakura, get TF and pass it down, Ophelia will be great.She does not need Nosferatu since it is not that good unless you are making a strict tank so yeah.Really Elise!Ophelia can be anything magical.Though it sucks she misses out of Excalibur though.

Great to hear, thanks ! and SERIOUSLY dark falcons don't get up to S class weapons ?? noooo ; A ;

alsdfjs aah can't believe I forgot about tomefaire -luckily I just married Elise to Odin and haven't started the paralogue yet ; u ;

gonna have to do a quick dlc run for the scroll first though ~

Well, its a choice of Tomefaire from Sakura or Swallow Strike from Azura…. More damage, or double more easily (might might in turn also give more damage).

Actually, I just realized, Ophelia can A+ Shara, so you don't have to get Elise to A+ Sakura.So like astrophys suggested, you can A+ Aqua and get Swallow Strike from Peg Warrior which is easy since it is the first skill from the class line.

But if you already A+ Sakura, Swallow Strike is not a necessity considering Dark Falcon is a flier so they are naturally fast and 8 times out of 10 double.

Dark Flyer Elise!Ophelia hits 34 speed, which is a solid speed tier all things considered. Swallow Strike is a firmly player-phase oriented skill, so it would synergize nicely with Galeforce from Dark Flyer. Give her Lightning (the brave tome) or a high crit tome to help facilitate kills and I could see her being ferocious.

The skill is a bit low, but that mostly has to do with the class itself - 43% Breaking Sky proc rate isn't bad, especially against high strength + low res classes like Berserkers.

Okay…. working a bit more on Invisible Kingdom….

1. Ryouma x Rinkah ----> Frankly, Ryouma's exclusive Raijinn Katana probably gives him a substantial edge over his son regardless thanks to its strength bonus and its 1-2 range doubling without penalty sword properties. So I decided that it makes more sense to optimize for Ryouma rather than for Shinonome…. Lances are his key weapon triangle weakness (assuming Truebalde), so Lancebreaker will help offset this weakness. That and he can class change into Blacksmith without loss of swords. EDIT: Also, mothering Shinonome should give Rinkah and A rank support with him… Rinkah's personal boosts her damage when she is damaged. Shinonome's personal boosts his damage and defenses when he's leading and his support partner is damaged…. so his mother provides an A-rank support option who's personal synergizes with him (who would be her son in this case)….

EDIT: I suppose one could argue that he should go for Breaking Sky instead… although this might not be as convenient in-game as it relies on Lance ranks, while his primary weapon is his sword. And he does already have Astra.

2. Hinata x Pieri ---> Pieri gets Swordfaire (applicable to her entire Cavalier tree and her Dark Knight). Hinata can use weapon ranks in Cavalier. Hisame gets a neutral speed mod, as well as +3 STR and +3 Res. Hisame's personal skill also increases his Resistance by 4 when waiting, so this provides some synergy. EDIT: Also a Pieri support that doesn't revolve around her murderous tendencies.

3. Tsubaki x Hinoka --> Subaki picks up Lancefaire access, as does Matoi. Hinoka gives good growths and cancels Tsubaki's speed penalty. Matoi also gets a positive strength mod.

4. Jakob x Azura --> Shigure and Deere/Dia…. Wyvern factional parallel for rallies and Pegasus/Rod Knight combos

5. Xander x Charlotte ---> Like in the case of Xander, this one is intended more for Xander's benefit than for Seigbert; Seigfried's 1-2 range doubling and +4 Defense is a really nice thing that Xander has that Seigbert doesn't….. Xander will get HP +5 access, Sol access, and even axebreaker access…. all things that can help his somewhat tanky role. Seigbert gets huge STR, but terrible resistance… -3 RES… and if growths are mother/2+child/2 like I'm now guessing, only 12.5% personal resistance growth, worse than with a defense flaw (Charlotte herself gets 5%).

6. Leo x Sakura --> Foleo; I discussed this one already…. Tomefaire for Leo and Foleo and good magic inheritances; cancels the negative speed mod Foleo would get

7. Lazward x Luna ---> Soleil… this is some shifting preferences, although it does help proliferate Swallow Strike on high speed classes. And I shipped Inigio and Severa in Awakening anyways.

8. Zero x Setsuna --> Eponine: +7 Speed mod and 50% growth if assuming mother/2+child/2. Does have a -1 STR mod and Setsuna does reduce STR growth, but Eponine gets Bowfaire to make up for it in the long term (and Zero gets this as well). +1 Res, and might have the order of 42.5% RES growth.

9. Odin x Elise ---> I've already discussed this… magical Opehlia who can also pick up Swallow Strike from her mother's A+ (at a level 1 skill)

10. Avatar x Matoi --> Purely personal preference

11. Flannel x Hanna ---> +5 Str and Astra for Velour; Hero provides a class that uses Swords that may let Hana get better HP growths and defense growths while still being fairly fast. That this Hero promotes off of Fighter gives Hanna the HP +5 skill, which is basically a conditional Angelic Robe for her at the cost of a skill slot (to help her patch up her HP while still training).

12. MAYBE Tsukuyomi x Nyx…. This gives really nice +MAG and +SPD mods (+5 and +5)…. skill and luck growths will really hurt, as these aren't Nyx's strong suit and Syalla has atrocious skill on her own… I'm looking at something like 22.5% personal skill growth if my assumptions are right (mother/2+child/2) and a 25% luck growth… Bind would help a bit, although that requires 1 range… she does get a 55% magic growth and a 50% speed growth from my estimates, but I'm hestistant about her accuracy… of course, Orochi makes her slowers and only would bring her skill up to 30% and her luck to 32.5% by my estimates

13 MAYBE….. I've been looking at the Saizou x Orochi pairing that people are hyping… but it does impact speed a lot (-3 Spd, under my growth assumptions roughly 30% speed growth)… Something like 25% Str and 57.5% magic under my assumptions…. so I suppose he would use the explosive Shurkien well… I've seen people suggest A+ this Gurei with Deere for Strategist, although that would drop his speed to only 28… Butler would get him up to 30… I suppose he could take his +2 STR mod and Kunaifaire along with a +6 SKL mod and +4 magic mod…. I'm not so sure about this pairing

Still trying to allot:

14. Takumi

15. Asama

16. Nishiki

17. Silas

18. Kaze

19. Arthur

20. Benoit

and possibly re-allocating Tsukuyomi and Saizou.

Possible wives are Oboro, Kagerou, Camilla, Belka, Effie, Nyx (if reallocated), Felicia, Mozume, and Orochi (if reallocated)

Of course, there has been the suggestion of Effie x Asama for a +6 STR Mitama… this has some merit for a pairing with Shigure as a 33 STR Falcon Knight although the ability to heal would be hurt.

Effie could get Sol from Arthur, although she's mainly into lances and Sol is from a Sword/Axe class. And Arthur overlaps on Great Knight. Alternatively, Effie could pick up Fighter from Benoit (as her personal is most likely to activate as a Berskerer). As a counterpoint, Berserker is a risky class with the crit evade penalty. Her speed would reduce Ignis' speed penalty to 1.

Takumi needs to marry a Hoshidan or Camilla, or one of the shared characters.

Camilla needs to marry a Nohrian, a shared, or Takumi.

Silas could pick up Lancefaire form Oboro and give her Cavalier/Great Knight/Paladin access. Mozume also shares weapon ranks with his classes if she was to switch to it.

Felicia is more of a support skillset wife… Asama would let her combine Priest classes with Rod Knight class (most relevant in sharing a weapon rank, as well as letting her get Tomefaire).

I need to get some sleep… any further thoughts?

Edited by astrophys

Well, its a choice of Tomefaire from Sakura or Swallow Strike from Azura…. More damage, or double more easily (might might in turn also give more damage).

Actually, I just realized, Ophelia can A+ Shara, so you don't have to get Elise to A+ Sakura.So like astrophys suggested, you can A+ Aqua and get Swallow Strike from Peg Warrior which is easy since it is the first skill from the class line.

But if you already A+ Sakura, Swallow Strike is not a necessity considering Dark Falcon is a flier so they are naturally fast and 8 times out of 10 double.

Aah okay, thanks for the tips ! * U *

So pass down swallow strike through Elise and A+ Aqua,

and get tomefaire through Ophelia and Shara A+.

aaand just recruited Aqua!Matoi and reclassed her into Great Lord.

Realized that I now have no idea what skills I should have on her.

Besides her default, she has Hoshido, Copycat, Swallow Strike, Mirror Strike, and Attack Stance equipped.

I plan on making room for Aether (of course), and the Awakening skill isn't looking so bad either;

I'd replace Attack Stance, and I only have Copycat for grinding // leveling purposes ~

but I'm not sure if she would greatly benefit from swallow strike and/or mirror strike,

and am tempted to replace them with something like Pavise/Aegis...maybe Magic counter instead of mirror strike ?

You must have bought skills for Aqua!Matoi to have Hoshido… so you could basically get any skill for her…. disregarding that fact, Matoi has Swordfaire access always through her father's passed down Trueblade access…. Swords are the primary weapon of Great Lord, weapon rank wise, so she'd do well with that. More intermediately, Lancefaire would also be helpful (B-rank).

You must have bought skills for Aqua!Matoi to have Hoshido… so you could basically get any skill for her…. disregarding that fact, Matoi has Swordfaire access always through her father's passed down Trueblade access…. Swords are the primary weapon of Great Lord, weapon rank wise, so she'd do well with that. More intermediately, Lancefaire would also be helpful (B-rank).

Yeah, not going to lie I buy a lot of skills; I had Aqua pass down Hoshido because I am lazy ; A ;

so swordfaire and lancefaire as replacements for mirror strike and swallow strike ? Thanks for the suggestions ~