A rank tome... Yggdrasill...

Well in menus, the weapon icon is exactly the same as every other tome.

Gotta love the work they're putting into this game's visuals.

Well in menus, the weapon icon is exactly the same as every other tome.

Gotta love the work they're putting into this game's visuals.

Yeah, WTF!? I noticed that in the pre-release media! I have no bloody idea why they just didn't reuse Awakening's graphics?

I wish they'd patch the game with unique weapon icons....

I don't see the problem with not having unique weapon sprites, it is much better imo to have unique weapons models. Sure awakening and other games had both but to be honest, all they did is make it slightly easier to know what weapon is what. I really don't see much of a point in having them, besides to avoid looking lazy and that is hardly a good reason to include something into a game. Plus it might have given them more freedom to do more crazy weapon designs. I am not sure if they would make a dual sword if they had unique weapon sprites,

It looks kind of like tree roots.

Also, the generic weapon icons are important because they are the only thing signifying whether the weapon is a Hoshido or Nohr weapon, which is an important destinction in forging and shopping.

Farewell my weapon icons, you who stand at the end of a path I chose not to follow...

+1 to you, good sir. I expected at least one of those.

Anyways, yeah, not too interested in the icon [although I think part of why they did the generics is to help transition to the new weapon triangle]...

Anyone got a showing of it in combat?

It looks kind of like tree roots.

Also, the generic weapon icons are important because they are the only thing signifying whether the weapon is a Hoshido or Nohr weapon, which is an important destinction in forging and shopping.

Having icons to designate "sword" versus "katana" is useful, yes, but having that icon show up in place of a weapon-specific icon rather than in the weapon's detailed information is not.

Okay I'll stop participating in this little tangent I started now. Apologies.

+1 to you, good sir. I expected at least one of those.

Yeah, I'm a huge Tales fan. Didn't even notice your signature before posting x3

I make it a habit to forge a thunder tome named Indignation for the ultimate magic in games with forging, too :P

Edited by The Magus

Yeah, I'm a huge Tales fan. Didn't even notice your signature before posting x3

I make it a habit to forge a thunder tome named Indignation for the ultimate magic in games with forging, too :P

...I put together a streetpass team based on ToS in Awakening.

It may not have been the hardest team you'd ever face, but I can say with 83% certainty, it is the coolest.

I'm... sorta gonna try and do it again.

Which makes this topic kinda relevant. Maybe.