Japanese FE Character Popularity Contest results

I know, this new popularity Ike has is just more reason for IS to release a PoR/RD bundle for download on the Wii U that's Amiibo compatible. The more FE Amiibo compatibility, the better. ^^

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need Roy's game officially localized on the Virtual Console first :P

Why? Just about the only fans he has are Smash fans. And not all of them will want to play FE. They probably like Roy because he's cool to play as. I like Falco, but I've no desire to play Star Fox.

Similarly, not everyone that likes Ike in Smash will want to play FE either, but he appears to have a lot more fans overall between both the FE community and the Smash one.

Also, Ike's games have really poor availability right now, yo.

Edited by Anacybele

Why? Just about the only fans he has are Smash fans. And not all of them will want to play FE. They probably like Roy because he's cool to play as. I like Falco, but I've no desire to play Star Fox.

Similarly, not everyone that likes Ike in Smash will want to play FE either, but he appears to have a lot more fans overall between both the FE community and the Smash one.

Also, Ike's games have really poor availability right now, yo.

Because it hasn't been localized and it'd be nice to legally play finally?

Roy's game also has poor availability? GBA (which runs ridiculously expensive, just as expensive as Ike's games), plus being Japan-only...yeah, not the best availability.

The better question is "why not?"

Because it hasn't been localized and it'd be nice to legally play finally?

Roy's game also has poor availability? GBA (which runs ridiculously expensive, just as expensive as Ike's games), plus being Japan-only...yeah, not the best availability.

The better question is "why not?"

Roy is still not as popular as Ike as far as I've seen lately. And it would cost more to localize Roy's game because it was never officially translated into English. Not to mention IS doesn't do the localizing, that would be NoA.

So really, both an FE6 localization AND a PoR/RD Wii U bundle could be done at the same time. It doesn't have to be one or the other first. I still don't think FE6 would sell as well out here, though.

Edited by Anacybele

There's no need to get all salty about peeps wanting Roy's game, Ana ~o3o~ As it stands Ike's games are both far more abundantly available than Roy's game solely due to the fact that they both had localization, even if they didn't sell the best. There's also the fact of RD being reprinted recently, which has never happened to FE6.

Also, if it's a matter of costs they could always ask gringe to help out and/or contribute his translations, especially since he's recently acquired a job as a localizer in Japan. It wouldn't be the first time that a company has employed a fan translation for a localization either.

Far more abundantly available? Hahaha no. Ike's games are probably more available, but not by that much. The RD reprint was barely a reprint at all. There were no new copies shipped to stores, and I haven't seen a copy of either game in any store, not even a used copy, in years. And online, copies are expensive as hell.

And it isn't people wanting Roy's game that I'm "salty" about, it's them saying that it should be prioritized over a rerelease of Ike's games, which I disagree with.

Edited by Anacybele

I did say compared to FE6, yes? Because that isn't a lie, there really is more copies of both Ike's games than there are of Roy's game available.

There's no reason to get salty about it in the first place though. People can and will have different opinions, it's nothing to get worked up over

It is the point though. The first thing you did when hearing FEF talk about prioritizing FE6 over FE9/10 was get overly defensive on FE9/10's behalf while attacking FE6, saying that Roy's only really popular among the Smash fanbase and that few people would even want to play that game. It was overly harsh and uncalled for. Deriding me for clarifying the matter of availability was also flat out rude.

I get wanting more of your favorite things, but raining on someone else's parade because they didn't want the same things just makes you look bitter

I'm a little surprised he didn't get kicked off the list by more Fe13 peeps or something, but I'm not too surprised that he's popular to begin with ;p

I'm glad Tiki and Lyn are in the top 10.

I really like Tiki, and Lyn gets too much hate over here if you ask me. It's nice to hear Lyn is appreciated over there at least.

I agree. Lyn is awesome! Happy to see some love for her.

As for Tiki, I'm glad for her too. I like Tiki a lot, she's one of my favorite units to use in Shadow Dragon AND Awakening.

Well, the only hate I have for Tiki is in Awakening. I actually think she seems kind of cute otherwise (even if I think kid Tiki's skirt is WAY too short). :P

I agree. Lyn is awesome! Happy to see some love for her.

As for Tiki, I'm glad for her too. I like Tiki a lot, she's one of my favorite units to use in Shadow Dragon AND Awakening.

I'm in the same boat I like her in both games even in Awakening.

Well, the only hate I have for Tiki is in Awakening. I actually think she seems kind of cute otherwise (even if I think kid Tiki's skirt is WAY too short). :P

quiet you

adult tiki is wonderful

i will not stand for this blasphemy

People who think Finn is a random choice need to play FE4 and FE5.

Finn is THE MAN.

Dude goes through so much, and yet remains a steadfast and awesome dude. A true Arthurian level like Knight.

Edited by Jedi

People who think Finn is a random choice need to play FE4 and FE5.

Finn is THE MAN.

Yeah, it's awesome that he cracked the Top Ten after so many games and so many years, but he was hella popular back in the day and with good reason. Best availability in Jugdral, some of the best character development in Jugdral, he basically got his own spin-off game with FE5 and I'm pretty sure there was more official art with him than some of the actual Lords ever got. So yeah, it's not really that random? But still awesome.

Dude goes through so much, and yet remains a steadfast and awesome dude. A true Arthurian level like Knight.

Pretty much the Perfect Knight, yeah. I mean, going by FE5 that's exactly what Finn was designed to be but it really does work and it clicks with people. Later characters might be better units (he can't solo his games) or have better writing or produce better children... but he's still Perfect. :D

Not only that, but he's a perfectly normal guy in a world full of stuff like holy blood and legendary weapons.

He just trucks forward for his people, Brave Lance in hand.