First English voice confirmed

Sentinel07

No offense to her, but I just can't stand the song. It's like one of those old anime intros where they'd translate the songs lyrics literally and then try to insert them back into the song. Which doesn't work. It's almost worst here since they didn't even translate the lyrics!

But everyone else, sans male Kamui (who sounds just too nasily) sounds great. Takumi and Leon being mad and shit is just the best.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought of something interesting! Someone should ask her about the skinship lines! Then we will know for sure if it's in the localized version!

Edited by Water Mage

oh NO i'm probably in the minority

but her voice in the trailer really made me cringe.

It was super embarassing because I was excited when it first came out, so I made my mother and older sister watch with me on a huge TV with full volume lmao,

and their faces dropped as soon as Aqua began to sing in English, because they both really liked the Japanese version and thought the English one was really bad..to which I agree ; A ;

I mean, I'm sure she'll do better just voicing the lines, but aaaah it bothers me that I don't like her singing voice ; A ;

I doubt they'll say anything, they probably have an agreement not to say stuff until appropriate.

Skinship isn't exactly spoiler material, so they may be allowed to talk about it.

Come on...

Aren't you curious about how the localization team handled the skinship?

Edited by Water Mage

Skinship isn't exactly spoiler material, so they may be allowed to talk about it.

Come on...

I think we're all curious, but like she said, generally actors don't say much unless they know they're allowed to.

Come on...

NDAs would basically prevent them from saying anything about the game, even confirmation or denial of even voicing a character in the game. Even if it isn't spoiler material, they can't say anything. That's how NDAs work.

No offense to her, but I just can't stand the song. It's like one of those old anime intros where they'd translate the songs lyrics literally and then try to insert them back into the song. Which doesn't work. It's almost worst here since they didn't even translate the lyrics!

But everyone else, sans male Kamui (who sounds just too nasily) sounds great. Takumi and Leon being mad and shit is just the best.

What do you mean by not translating the lyrics?

Come on...

It's too early, they've revealed practically nothing to the english audience, they're not going to let VAs answer random questions (I mean, they could slip up, but that doesn't happen too often) on twitter of features they haven't featured themselves yet.

Come on...

Where did I say I was or was not curious about how the localization handled things?

Edited by L95

It's too early, they've revealed practically nothing to the english audience, they're not going to let VAs answer random questions (I mean, they could slip up, but that doesn't happen too often) on twitter of features they haven't featured themselves yet.

Come on...

Where did I say I was or was not curious about how the localization handled things?

I suppose it's too much to hope for a slip up, isn't it?

And the "curious" thing was just a joke, sorry if I offended you.

Actually, I've heard about it here at Serenes Forest Forums, someone(I don't remember who) mentioned having a friend that went to an Anime-Con dressed as Camilla, and she ran into Kaiji at the hotel, and he confirmed that the recording for Fates was already over.

That was me Dio who mentioned it!

And here's a link to the selfie! (I really hope she doesn't mind this...)

http://i.imgur.com/RYgoqWK.png (her profile is private so I can't link the actual tweet. Also, she went down to the lobby without fully putting on cosplay/makeup to pick just something up from her friend so yeah)

But yeah, it kills me to know I was staying in the same hotel as him, but I just didn't go down to the lobby at the right time OTL

That was me Dio who mentioned it!

And here's a link to the selfie! (I really hope she doesn't mind this...)

http://i.imgur.com/RYgoqWK.png (her profile is private so I can't link the actual tweet. Also, she went down to the lobby without fully putting on cosplay/makeup to pick just something up from her friend so yeah)

But yeah, it kills me to know I was staying in the same hotel as him, but I just didn't go down to the lobby at the right time OTL

Man, that's too bad, you could have asked him a ton questions about the game.

Granted, he most likely wouldn't anwser any of them, but no harm in trying, right?

Just stepping in about the "Translating lyrics" thing.

It doesn't work.

You have to change a song significantly to be as catchy and still having the "original meaning".

Guys, just... don't.

Aqua's song WILL be different in English. Just accept it.

Just stepping in about the "Translating lyrics" thing.

It doesn't work.

You have to change a song significantly to be as catchy and still having the "original meaning".

Guys, just... don't.

Aqua's song WILL be different in English. Just accept it.

Indeed, if they saw my literal translation for the full song, it doesn't really flow as a song (at all), it's just to get an idea of meaning. Making it follow the same syllabary and rhythm/melody while keeping the meaning is an incredibly uphill task even for professionals...

For a lovely example of a song done amazingly well translated though, see the ending theme for Pokemon X and Y!

Edited by Kirokan

Truuuu!~ They did a great job for X and Y's ending theme~ But am I the only one who thought Azura's song in English was good? Of course people won't catch on to it right away based on a little snippet from a trailer (especially when so used to the Japanese already), but I'd not call it bad by any sort of means~

Truuuu!~ They did a great job for X and Y's ending theme~ But am I the only one who thought Azura's song in English was good? Of course people won't catch on to it right away based on a little snippet from a trailer (especially when so used to the Japanese already), but I'd not call it bad by any sort of means~

I honestly liked it. Given how it's harder to translate a Japanese song than normal dialogue, I personally thought it was pretty good. She has a good voice at least.

Indeed, if they saw my literal translation for the full song, it doesn't really flow as a song (at all), it's just to get an idea of meaning. Making it follow the same syllabary and rhythm/melody while keeping the meaning is an incredibly uphill task even for professionals...

For a lovely example of a song done amazingly well translated though, see the ending theme for Pokemon X and Y!

There's also the Red Moon song for the first Disgaea who is pretty great.

I actually have a similar vibe betwen these two songs.

I think it's because we're used to Aqua's Japanese singing, and this is not really the kind of songs we're used to in English.

But I think she's doing a pretty good job at it (and if she's also doing the VA, what we heard was quite good.)

I've got nothing against her voice or singing, it's the song, or more specifically where the emphasis is put on certain words, that I have an issue with. Maybe I'll get used to it, but right now it does sound pretty awkward. It's not an acting or singing issue, it's a writing one.