Fates English dub speculations and rumors!

Abysswalker25

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't like the amiibo being based off of their Smash Bros. appearances.

Mainly critical quotes I'd assume.

and grunts. Sounds like they could just copy straight off Smash Bros... again.

If they bothered to get Marth an English voice and track down Jason Adkins for a less-crappy performance for Codename STEAM, I'd like to think they'd do that again (with the definite possibility of Roy in the mix).

I really don't like the amiibo being based off of their Smash Bros. appearances.

If they bothered to get Marth an English voice and track down Jason Adkins for a less-crappy performance for Codename STEAM, I'd like to think they'd do that again (with the definite possibility of Roy in the mix).

This is why I wish Jason got to record new clips for Smash 4. If STEAM is any indication, he's really improved.

Marth kind of gets a pass to speak japanese in my book because thats effectively the only way I've heard him speak. Though Yuri Lowenthal is a good VA too, but I haven't heard him as Marth.

Also regarding Ike, he better have two critical quotes be:

"You'll get no sympathy from me."

"Prepare yourself."

"I fight for my friends."

Marth kind of gets a pass to speak japanese in my book because thats effectively the only way I've heard him speak. Though Yuri Lowenthal is a good VA too, but I haven't heard him as Marth.

Also regarding Ike, he better have two critical quotes be:

"You'll get no sympathy from me."

"Prepare yourself."

"I fight for my friends."

Did you just cross out-

Did you just-

Did you-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXWZcG1KMjo

I hope they hire someone else.

Edited by RidellCrimea

Wow. He really blew that one. Weird since Yuri Lowenthal is usually a pretty good voice actor.

Alternatively to my other suggestion, Xander should be voiced by Kyle Hebert so that he can be Kamina in both Japanese and English.

So, I was watching the E3 trailer again, and had a really weird thought, like REALLY weird,

Doesn't Kamui sound like Patrick Seitz?

...Uh...not really...um...

It could be similar to Awakening where Robin had different voice actors, rather that having the same voice actor, but with different tones of voice like in the japanese version.

So, I was watching the E3 trailer again, and had a really weird thought, like REALLY weird,

Doesn't Kamui sound like Patrick Seitz?

The only thing I remember about Kamui's voice from the E3 trailer is that it sounded bad.

I actually don't know yet, but I remember having the choice of different voice's for Awakening's MU. Does Fates MU have multiple voices?

I believe they have 5 options each in Fates~

That's actually about the same Awakening had in the Japanese version.

Then let's see if the localization cuts it down. Also, interesting tidbit: of the six voices in the English version, there were only four voice actors: David Vincent and Wendee Lee did the default voices, while Christopher Corey Smith and Michelle Ruff pulled double duty.

But that "I won't surrender" really reminds me of Seitz's Ragna voice.

The only role of his that I've had a decent amount of exposure to is Ragna, and after a couple back-to-back listens I'm just not seeing it.

Wasn't it said that each Avatar only has 1 voice? Isn't it just the same one making different tones for each?

Also Marth's "You are safe now, friend." Was the most lackluster thing about Yuri's performance.

Then let's see if the localization cuts it down. Also, interesting tidbit: of the six voices in the English version, there were only four voice actors: David Vincent and Wendee Lee did the default voices, while Christopher Corey Smith and Michelle Ruff pulled double duty.

The only role of his that I've had a decent amount of exposure to is Ragna, and after a couple back-to-back listens I'm just not seeing it.

That's actually not correct.

Michelle Ruff did the default female voice (as well as providing the 3rd voice), and Brandon Kerrar was the 2nd Male voice while Chris Smith was the 3rd voice.

That's actually not correct.

Michelle Ruff did the default female voice (as well as providing the 3rd voice), and Brandon Kerrar was the 2nd Male voice while Chris Smith was the 3rd voice.

I do believe Wendee Lee was involved; I've seen it said in multiple places (may have something to do with unions; certain voice actors weren't listed in the credits due to working out of union, or something like that). You're right about Brandon Kerrar, though; surprised I missed that.

Wendee Lee did the 2nd voice for Female Robin, Michelle Ruff did the other two.

Japanese, I believe, had three voices and the silent option, for 4 total.

In Fates, I think there's one voice actor for each gender, doing 5 different voices and I don't think there's a silent option from what I've see of the Avatar Customization.

I do believe Wendee Lee was involved; I've seen it said in multiple places (may have something to do with unions; certain voice actors weren't listed in the credits due to working out of union, or something like that). You're right about Brandon Kerrar, though; surprised I missed that.

Yes, Wendee Lee was the 2nd Female voice.