Fates English dub speculations and rumors!

Abysswalker25

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, Corrin sounds more like Cam Clarke than Xander does, though I can see it in both.

Ryoma is undoubtedly Matthew Mercer, dunno where some of you are getting Kyle Hebert from.

I dunno who the others are, but I heard before that people were saying Takumi was Ben Diskin? I can kind of see that tbh.

Leon's is... holy shit that voice is unrecognizable to me. This is... uh, odd.

Garon is Travis Willingham and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. I swear I recognize Hinoka's voice too, but I'm having a hard time on a name.

actually, Corrin sounds more like Cam Clarke than Xander does, though I can see it in both.

Ryoma is undoubtedly Matthew Mercer, dunno where some of you are getting Kyle Hebert from.

I dunno who the others are, but I heard before that people were saying Takumi was Ben Diskin? I can kind of see that tbh.

Garon is Travis Willingham and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. I swear I recognize Hinoka's voice too, but I'm having a hard time on a name.

Leo might be voiced by Robin from the last game, at least thats what I've heard people say.

That's a way too fuckin' deep voice for David Vincent, I'm gonna be honest. I'm not really hearing Christopher Corey Smith, either. So unless it's Brandon Karrer, Leon and Robin don't share a voice.

see, Corrin sounded like Cam Clarke to me because I got some serious Ronaldo vibes from that line after hearing it again.

Leo sounds like either David Vincent or Dave Wittenburg to me.

That is not David Vincent. It was too gravelly to be him. And it can't be Dave Wittenberg because he's union-only.

In regards to the voice acting, as an anime fan myself, I can tell you this, the English dub for Awakening uses Cup of Tea Productions, and it's the same studio that does a lot of jRPG of Japanese video game voice acting such as Blazblue, the Tekken series, Rune Factory 4, and the Tales series. So it's very likely that Cup of Tea Productions will be involved in the Engilsh dub for this game.

That being said, like most jRPGs that isn't either Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, the voice acting is going to be non-union (and IIRC, the voice acting for Awakening was non-union since they didn't list Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham in the credits despite the former confirming her role in that game). So don't expect high profile union voice actors like Steve Blum, Kari Wahlgren, Crispin Freeman, Troy Baker, Nolan North, or Tara Strong in the English dub for this game. Instead, expecting voice actors who normally work in anime such as Johnny Yong Bosch, Kaiji Tang, Julie Ann Taylor, Cristina Vee, Christine Marie Cabanos, Grant George, Todd Haberkorn, etc. to have roles in this game.

That being said, Cup of Tea Productions, when compared to Bang Zoom, rarely uses newer voice actors and instead uses well-established voice actors in the video game and anime industry for their voice acting, but they are willing to throw a few newer names in the mix (in fact, Orion Acaba's roles as Kellam and Gerome is how he managed to get a lot of fame and recognition within the video game AND the anime fanbase).

As for Xander's English voice, it's really hard to tell since it's just a trailer (and during the E3 demo, they were still using the Japanese voice acting, indicating that the voice acting has yet been finalized). That being said, I can tell you that Matthew Mercer (the voice actor for Chrom) has confirmed in Twitter through favorites that he's voicing someone in Fates, but didn't specify the character. However, judging by the trailer, I would say Matthew Mercer is either voicing Ryouma or Xander since Matthew is quite known to voice big brother or fatherly type characters in anime and video games alike. However, it's very possible a sound-alike is involved. A good example is there were several English dub voice acting clips of Chrom where people mistook Troy Baker voicing him before it was confirmed that it was really Matthew Mercer that voiced Chrom (and yes, both Matthew Mercer and Troy Baker are known to have similar vocal ranges to the point that Matt actually took over three of Troy's old video game and anime roles when Troy went big into the video game motion capture industry).

As for Xander's English voice, it's really hard to tell since it's just a trailer (and during the E3 demo, they were still using the Japanese voice acting, indicating that the voice acting has yet been finalized). That being said, I can tell you that Matthew Mercer (the voice actor for Chrom) has confirmed in Twitter through favorites that he's voicing someone in Fates, but didn't specify the character. However, judging by the trailer, I would say Matthew Mercer is either voicing Ryouma or Xander since Matthew is quite known to voice big brother or fatherly type characters in anime and video games alike. However, it's very possible a sound-alike is involved. A good example is there were several English dub voice acting clips of Chrom where people mistook Troy Baker voicing him before it was confirmed that it was really Matthew Mercer that voiced Chrom (and yes, both Matthew Mercer and Troy Baker are known to have similar vocal ranges to the point that Matt actually took over three of Troy's old video game and anime roles when Troy went big into the video game motion capture industry).

I've seen too many jokes about Troy Baker's "long lost twin", Matt Mercer.

...And on a more serious note, interesting that he already confirmed he's part of the dub. I don't get why people are saying Ryouma would be voiced by him (very gravely-sounding); from what we've heard, Xander seems like a dead-ringer.

I believe I was the first person to throw that out; Takumi sounded exactly like Ben Diskin's deep-voiced Young Xehanort, and a couple of comparisons cemented it for me (and I just found out he had a reddit AMA recently; could've maybe asked him then).

Leon is just up in the air. It sure as heck isn't David Vincent; too deep.

And Garon was definitely Travis Willingham.

Hinoka... I seem to have an inkling of who her VA may be, but I haven't listened to too much of the suspected VA's works and thus don't want to embarrass myself.

I've seen too many jokes about Troy Baker's "long lost twin", Matt Mercer.

...And on a more serious note, interesting that he already confirmed he's part of the dub. I don't get why people are saying Ryouma would be voiced by him (very gravely-sounding); from what we've heard, Xander seems like a dead-ringer.

I believe I was the first person to throw that out; Takumi sounded exactly like Ben Diskin's deep-voiced Young Xehanort, and a couple of comparisons cemented it for me (and I just found out he had a reddit AMA recently; could've maybe asked him then).

Leon is just up in the air. It sure as heck isn't David Vincent; too deep.

And Garon was definitely Travis Willingham.

Hinoka... I seem to have an inkling of who her VA may be, but I haven't listened to too much of the suspected VA's works and thus don't want to embarrass myself.

Who do you think is Hinoka? I'm curious to know.

I'd say that's pretty solid reasoning. As long as we know that Matt Mercer is voicing someone in the game, that's good to know. But will it even be Ryoma or Xander? I guess based on the clips, they both sound pretty close, though Xander sounds more like Chrom than Ryoma does. We'll just see once we get a confirmation.

Who do you think it is? I half-suspect it may be Amanda C. Miller, who was the voice of Sully and Cherche in Awakening, but I'm not sure.

Also, I think based on appearances / throwbacks, the following voices may or may not be givens for the characters.

Luna - Julie Ann Taylor

Lazward - Liam O'Brien

Odin - Kaiji Tang

Matoi - Julie Ann Taylor

Gurei - Gideon Emery

Syalla - Stephanie Sheh

Tsukuyomi - Yuri Lowenthal (he's pretty much another version of Ricken)

Anybody care to argue?

I'd say that's pretty solid reasoning. As long as we know that Matt Mercer is voicing someone in the game, that's good to know. But will it even be Ryoma or Xander? I guess based on the clips, they both sound pretty close, though Xander sounds more like Chrom than Ryoma does. We'll just see once we get a confirmation.

Who do you think it is? I half-suspect it may be Amanda C. Miller, who was the voice of Sully and Cherche in Awakening, but I'm not sure.

Also, I think based on appearances / throwbacks, the following voices may or may not be givens for the characters.

Luna - Julie Ann Taylor

Lazward - Liam O'Brien

Odin - Kaiji Tang

Matoi - Julie Ann Taylor

Gurei - Gideon Emery

Syalla - Stephanie Sheh

Tsukuyomi - Yuri Lowenthal (he's pretty much another version of Ricken)

Anybody care to argue?

Well, from what I have been told in The Fandom Post, people were saying that Ben Diskin was voicing Takumi using a deeper voice (which while Ben Diskin is capable of using a deeper voice for his older characters, he's also known for his higher pitched voice as well).

[spoiler=For Lazward, Luna, and Odin]It's very likely that Liam O'Brien, Julie Ann Taylor, and Kaiji Tang will reprise their roles as Lazward, Luna, and Odin respectfully, since they are Inigo, Severa, and Owain respectfully

[spoiler=Matoi, Gurei, and Syalla]Pretty much the same thing with Lazward, Luna, and Odin, as they share the same Japanese voice actors with Cordella, Gaius, and Tharja respectfully and are based out of them

[spoiler='Tsukuyomi]What's funny is that I originally had Ben Diskin as this character since Ben is known to pull higher-pithced voices for many of the characters he voiced in the past. But if Ben is voicing Takumi, then it's likely that Yuri Lowenthal will voice Tsukuyomi. Keep in note that the reason Cup of Tea had Yuri Lowenthal and Hunter MacKenzie Austin as Ricken and Nowi respectfully because there was a lot of unfortunate controversy where the player can have adults marry the said two characters when both Ricken and Nowi happen to be kids (even though Nowi is like 1000 years old, she's still a child by dragon age standards). The English localization toned down a lot of pedophilic implications with Ricken and Nowi right down having the characters sound more teen-like instead. So this will most likely be the same case with Tsukuyomi as well.

Also, some speculated that either Eden Riegel or Danielle Judovits or voicing Elise. I wasn't able to pick up who was voicing Sakura, but I would say it's likely Eden Riegel.

The reason people said that Matthew Mercer voiced Ryouma because one of the tweets he favorited have someone mentioning him voicing "the samurai lord" in Fire Emblem Fates (which he is referring to Ryouma). However, there is a good chance that Matthew Mercer would be voicing both Ryouma and Xander. Keep in mind that there were 3-5 voice actors in Awakening that voiced more than one character. And considering the fact that Fire Emblem Fates have the player get a completely different set of characters from different routes, it's very likely that the voice acting will involve a voice actor voicing a character in Nohr and another in Hoshido (one possible good example would be someone like Patrick Seitz voicing both Saizou and Benoit.

Also, my gut feelings is that Orion Acaba or Josh Grelle is voicing male Corrin (although you might surprised with Josh Grelle being in the list, he has done a few voice work in Los Angeles before for video game work, which is recent role as Ludger from Tales of Xillia 2, also done by Cup of Tea Productions).

I actually thought it sounded a bit like Karren Strassmen (especially her Kallen voice), but after a bit more research and some comparisons I've pretty much thrown that out the window.

Well, from what I have been told in The Fandom Post, people were saying that Ben Diskin was voicing Takumi using a deeper voice (which while Ben Diskin is capable of using a deeper voice for his older characters, he's also known for his higher pitched voice as well).

Not try and sound vain (which probably will just make me sound vain), but I believe I was the first person to suggest that here. Takumi sounded a lot like one of Ben Diskin's other roles, Young Xehanort (who also has a deep voice). In hindsight, Takumi does sound slightly more nasally, but that could easily be attributed to the whole yelling and being really pissed off situation.

Oh boy, if that is the case I hope Takumi isn't as hard of a boss as Young Xehanort. Listening to some of Travis Willingham's voice acting also has me convinced he is voicing Garon now too though. I'm still thinking Xander is Cam Clarke, but eh. I'm just being hopeful about it.

I still think Travis Willingham is doing both Garon and Ryoma. If Matthew Mercer is doing someone in Fates like he said, I'd guess Xander for now. Male Corrin sounded exactly like Dan Green to me (his Yugi voice, that is, not the deeper Yami/Atem and Trudge in the same series). And if NoA DID get Dan Green in on this, then HOT DAMN. :D Just throw in Kyle Hebert and Vic Mignogna and this will have one awesome voice cast in it. :D

I still think Travis Willingham is doing both Garon and Ryoma. If Matthew Mercer is doing someone in Fates like he said, I'd guess Xander for now. Male Corrin sounded exactly like Dan Green to me (his Yugi voice, that is, not the deeper Yami/Atem and Trudge in the same series). And if NoA DID get Dan Green in on this, then HOT DAMN. :D Just throw in Kyle Hebert and Vic Mignogna and this will have one awesome voice cast in it. :D

I'm half expecting Vic Mignogna to be Subaki.

Don't know if I've ever heard of Dan Green doing Los Angeles roles though.

If Mignogna does Subaki, I might not recognize him... I think his Keldeo voice from Pokemon: Kyurem vs the Sword of Justice would sound too young for Subaki. xP

I'm half expecting Vic Mignogna to be Subaki.

Don't know if I've ever heard of Dan Green doing Los Angeles roles though.

That... that sounds like it would be perfect. (Great, I've started punning already. >.<)

I... honestly can't hear it for Ryoma. But, then again, I'm mostly going off of the voices Travis Willingham's done as Roy Mustang from FMA and Ginko from Mushi-Shi, and he sounds pretty similar in those roles. I've really gotta expand my knowledge of VA's and their work.

If Mignogna does Subaki, I might not recognize him... I think his Keldeo voice from Pokemon: Kyurem vs the Sword of Justice would sound too young for Subaki. xP

I just imagine him with his Edward Elric voice....or Spirit from Soul Eater.

Well, you'd be surprised at how different the same VA can sound at times. Like Dan Green for instance. I didn't know for years that he was both Yugi AND Yami/Atem. Their voices are SO different. But imo, Ryoma sounded sorta like Garon and Lon'qu, just with some hoarseness.

Edited by Anacybele