Fates English dub speculations and rumors!

Abysswalker25

I'm half expecting Vic Mignogna to be Subaki.

Now I want Tsubaki and Garon to have a conversation with each other just because

I'm actually expecting Vic Mignogna to show up, actually, just hopefully not as Silas as I fear he might be. As much as I love Ed Elric, Junpeivoice on Silas is a no. Dear god, please no.

On another note, anybody else hearing Liam O'Brien with Takumi or just me?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I want Tsubaki and Garon to have a conversation with each other just because

I'm actually expecting Vic Mignogna to show up, actually, just hopefully not as Silas as I fear he might be. As much as I love Ed Elric, Junpeivoice on Silas is a no. Dear god, please no.

On another note, anybody else hearing Liam O'Brien with Takumi or just me?

Actually, Liam O'Brien was my first thought when listening to Takumi. It does kind of sound like that gravelly voice he uses for characters like Gaara.

Well, you'd be surprised at how different the same VA can sound at times. Like Dan Green for instance. I didn't know for years that he was both Yugi AND Yami/Atem. Their voices are SO different. But imo, Ryoma sounded sorta like Garon and Lon'qu, just with some hoarseness.

Wait, Travis played Lon'qu?! (goes to IMDB) Huh... well I'll be darned. I actually didn't know that.

But you're right. Ryoma does kinda sound like Lon'qu based on the two lines of dialogue we got from that trailer. Based on his other roles, I would no longer be surprised if Travis Willingham turns out to be Ryoma's VA.

Actually, Liam O'Brien was my first thought when listening to Takumi. It does kind of sound like that gravelly voice he uses for characters like Gaara.

nah, Takumi didn't sound faux-British enough for Liam O'Brien to be voicing him

Well Liam O'Brien has a wide range of different voices he can do, so it can be kind of hard to tell if he's voicing someone or not. The only two voices he's done that I've heard that sound even remotely similar are Kain and Inigo, as his Inigo voice sounds a bit like a higher pitched and "younger" version of his Kain voice. (Also, that moment when you realize both Cecil and Kain's voice actors play someone in Awakening. Now I kinda wanna make Ricken Inigo's dad in a future playthrough.)

I honesty feel like Matt Mercer is voicing both Ryoma and Xander, as they both sound very "Chromlike" to me and it's not uncommon for voice actors to do two or more roles. Awakening had several, such as Kyle Hebert as both Frederick and Validar.

nah, Takumi didn't sound faux-British enough for Liam O'Brien to be voicing him

He has more roles other than faux Brit, though. The one line that Takumi had sounded a bit like Akihiko to me, personally, so that's why I suggested it.

Okay, so far, we seem to be stuck on Cam Clarke and Matthew Mercer for Marxander; Travis Willingham, Matthew Mercer, and Kyle Hebert for Ryoma; Ben Diskin and Liam O'Brien for Takumi. Garon most likely is Travis Willingham, and the little sisters sound like they could be Eden Riegel or Danielle Judovits. Plus, all the old voice actors coming back for the clone kids + tagalong Yuri Lowenthal for Tsukiyomi.

Personally, Matt Mercer = Marxander and Kyle Hebert = Ryoma for me, but they both definitely could be Matt Mercer. I'm kind of mixed he should be both, because it'll be weird when Xander and Ryoma are talking with each other (opening cutscene, 3rd path), but it'll also serve as a nice little parallel.

Tsukuyomi had a little grunt when he attacked an enemy in the trailer. That was not Yuri Lowenthal, that's for sure. It's very little to go off of, but I thought it sounded kind of like Bryce Papenbrook. And it sounds to me that of the two brothers, Ryoma sounds more like Matt Mercer than Xander does, but I can't be certain if it is him. I don't think he would voice both characters. That seems a bit excessive to me. Also, Takumi definitely isn't Liam O'Brien. That just isn't his voice.

While I'm pretty sure that there will be voice actors performing double duty, I highly doubt that they would give the same voice actor to two important characters like Xander and Ryoma, so the only thing I'm certain is that Matthew Mercer is voicing one of turnê, and is most likely Ryoma, due to a certain Tweet,

Also I'm not so sure if it is that is Yuri voicing Tsukuyomi, because of the E3 trailer, I mean, sure, all we heard from Tsukuyomi was one grunt, but that did not sound like Yuri.

And this is just a guess, but I believe that Karen Strassman is the one voicing Hana.

EDIT:Ninja'd on the Matthew Mercer and Tsukuyomi thing.

Edited by Water Mage

I wouldn't mind Matt Mercer doing more than one role.

However, I will admit that I'll be a bit disappointed if he does both Xander and Ryoma. I'd like to see a bit more variety and there are surely enough actors that can pull off at least one of the big brothers.

As for Elise and Sakura, I ain't got a clue. Neither of them sounded familiar to me.

Edit: Also, Hana sounded like either Lauren Landa or Michelle Ruff to me.

Edited by Sentinel07

I couldn't really tell with Sakura, but Elise sounded familiar. I heard at least one person say Laura Bailey though, and I wanted to deck them. I think maybe Eden Riegel for Elise, or maybe Christine Marie Cabanos? One of the two.

I could see Kyle Hebert for Xander perhaps, or maybe he's Leo. Actually, Hebert's Ryu voice kinda sounds like Leo's a bit if you listen to it right, so that's a possibility.

I couldn't really tell with Sakura, but Elise sounded familiar. I heard at least one person say Laura Bailey though, and I wanted to deck them. I think maybe Eden Riegel for Elise, or maybe Christine Marie Cabanos? One of the two.

I could see Kyle Hebert for Xander perhaps, or maybe he's Leo. Actually, Hebert's Ryu voice kinda sounds like Leo's a bit if you listen to it right, so that's a possibility.

That's definitely not Christine Marie Cabanos voicing Elise nor is her she voicing Sakura. I'm very familiar with Christine Marie Cabanos's voice acting and her voicing acting is known to be very high-pitched to the point that her voice acting sounds more like a 8-10 year old girl (hence, this is why she's often typecast as lolis). Elise and Sakura sound much older that Cabanos would normally voice.

Apparently, what's funny is that I originally thought that Christine Marie Cabanos would voice both Elise and Sakura since she does have a history of voicing "little sister" characters. However, noting that Christine isn't really voicing either of them, my best guess is that she may end up voicing Midoriko providing if Cup of Tea Productions is willing to hire her for the English dub.

Anyways, here are some of my guesses and predictions for the English dub (note that these are just guesses and predictions):

[spoiler=Anna]Karen Strassman, more likely a role reprisal from Awakening.

[spoiler=Arthur]Jamieson Price, Arthur strongly reminds me of Garen from League of Legends if you ask me.

[spoiler=Flannel and Nishiki]Both should be voiced by Grant George, since they both are the kind of characters he usually voices

[spoiler=Hinata and Siegbert]Johnny Yong Bosch, it's time for him to voice someone in a Fire Emblem game.

[spoiler=Shinonome]Reuben Langdon, who else would you go for to voice someone as brash as Shinonome

[spoiler=Saizou and Benolt]Patrick Seitz, two of the manly looking characters should be voiced with a manly baritone voice.

[spoiler=Midoriko]Christine Marie Cabanos, she's quite known to voice "nice girls" like Midoriko.

[spoiler=Mozume]Brianna Knickerbocker. You might not heard about her, but she's fairly new. If you are an anime nerd, she's known to voice Itsuki Inubozaki from Yuki Yuna Is a Hero, Chisaki Hiradaira from Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea, and Akane Awakusu from Durarara!! Her vocal range is almost similar to Stephanie Shen when Sheh was once typecast as soft-spoken and gentle girls. Apparently, I feel confident that her vocal range fits well into Mozume's character.

[spoiler=Asama and Foleo]Lucien Dodge, he's quite known to voice "nice guys" in anime and video game alike, and many of the characters he voiced in the past has similar personalities to Asama and Foleo (and it's only a matter of time he'll voice a trap some point

[spoiler=Ophelia]Kate Higgins, characters based out of you-know-who

[spoiler=Effie]Stephanie Sheh, she voiced another knight character named Kjelle from Awakening, who has a similar personality like Effie

[spoiler=Silas]Max Mittelman, he's also a newer voice actor and his vocal range is similar to Sam Riegel

Now that would have been funny.

I'm staying by my belief they just didn't want to have the same person doing the lead little sister two games in a row, but it would have been nice...

Anybody else hear Heather Hogan for Elise? She popped in my head the moment she said her line in the trailer. She's voiced Colette from Tales of Symphonia and Yonah from Nier if anyone's curious.

Edited by Aegis Gray

I'm staying by my belief they just didn't want to have the same person doing the lead little sister two games in a row, but it would have been nice...

oh I thought you were making the whole Naruto joke okay

When do you think we'll get real confirmation for the English VAs, if at all?

probably not for a while yet for most characters, and even then it'll depend on the VA

surprised Kyle Hebert didn't already confirm someone

oh I thought you were making the whole Naruto joke okay

I was making the Naruto joke~ I wanted Kate Higgins to be Sakura, but I feel like they didn't because they didn't want the same person doing a lead little sister two games in a row.

When do you think we'll get real confirmation for the English VAs, if at all?

IIRC, the full English cast list for Awakening was leaked just a few days before the game was released in America.

Edited by Ambulz

IIRC, the full English cast list for Awakening was leaked just a few days before the game was released in America.

Well, dang. I don't know what I'm supposed to do until release. Live my actual life?

Well, dang. I don't know what I'm supposed to do until release. Live my actual life?

Life? What's that? Is it a dessert?

Joking aside, maybe we should change this thread title to "English voice discussion", instead of just Xander.