Fates English dub speculations and rumors!

Abysswalker25

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just now I went to a site know as Behind the Voice Actors, and out of curiosity went to check Fates's page, and I had a surprise!

The page was saying that DC Douglas is going to voice Gunther!

But I went to his Twitter and found nothing confirming this, and nowhere else was saying anything about it,

does anyone else knows something about this?

So just now I went to a site know as Behind the Voice Actors, and out of curiosity went to check Fates's page, and I had a surprise!

But I went to his Twitter and found nothing confirming this, and nowhere else was saying anything about it,

Sites like that (for example, IMBD) are typically user edited sites, and as such have frequent misinformation on smaller/unreleased projects.

That being said, I could still see him doing the voice.

Really, we have to wait for the VA's word for it, and so far that only means Kaiji Tang and Rena Strober.

Sites like that (for example, IMBD) are typically user edited sites, and as such have frequent misinformation on smaller/unreleased projects.

That being said, I could still see him doing the voice.

Really, we have to wait for the VA's word for it, and so far that only means Kaiji Tang and Rena Strober.

I know, which is why I searched for confirmation,

But honestly, I expected him to voice Joker actually.

I honestly was confused on who Matt Mercer would voice during the Fates Trailer. When Marx/Xander was charging in the CG scene, I heard something similar to what Matt would say.

Ryouma's gameplay clip has him do a grunt that sounds like Matt.

I don't have many speculations, but I really want JYB to at least be an Avatar voice option T~T.

Pretty sure Liam O'Brien, Kaiji Tang, and Julie Ann-Taylor will reprise their roles as Lazward, Odin, and Luna respectively... also Julie might voice Matoi.

Edited by Jester Capri

I honestly was confused on who Matt Mercer would voice during the Fates Trailer. When Marx/Xander was charging in the CG scene, I heard something similar to what Matt would say.

Ryouma's gameplay clip has him do a grunt that sounds like Matt.

I don't have many speculations, but I really want JYB to at least be an Avatar voice option T~T.

Pretty sure Liam O'Brien, Kaiji Tang, and Julie Ann-Taylor will reprise their roles as Lazward, Odin, and Luna respectively... also Julie might voice Matoi.

I can see JYB voicing either Silas, Nishiki or Hinata.

• 2 weeks later...

I've compiled my dub cast idea for Fire Emblem Fates. So far, Rena Strober and Matthew Mercer are confirmed to have voiced someone in the game (Rena Strober as Azura, and Matthew Mercer most likely voicing either Ryouma or Xander). D.C. Douglas is rumored to be voicing Gunther via BTVA, although it hasn't been confirmed (BTVA has made a few errors in the past). Keep in note that it's a dub cast idea. This is not the official English dub cast for Fates (and it's very likely the cast will be confirmed once the release date is near).

Regardless, this is what I think the English dub would look like:

Avatar voice options: Orion Acaba, Erik Kimerer, Christopher Corey Smith (male). Michelle Ruff, Kira Buckland, Wendee Lee (female).

Azura: Rena Strober (confirmed)

Lilith: Mela Lee

Ryouma: 50/50 Matthew Mercer judging by the trailer

Hinoka: Erica Mendez

Takumi: rumored to be Ben Diskin judging by the trailer

Sakura: most likely either Eden Riegel or Danielle Judovits judging by the trailer

Xander: also 50/50 Matthew Mercer (or Kyle Hebert) judging by the trailer

Camilia: Laura Post

Leo: most likely David Vincent judging by the trailer

Elise: most likely either Eden Riegel or Danielle Judovits judging by the trailer

Felicia: Sandy Fox

Jakob: Lex Lang

Silas: Max Mittelman

Mozume: Brianna Knickerbocker

Kaze: Chris Tergliafera

Anna: Karen Strassman (role reprisal)

Asyura: Marc Diraison

Izana: Dan Woren

Saizou: Patrick Seitz

Kagerou: Tara Platt

Asama: Lucien Dodge

Setsuna: Michelle Ruff

Hinata: Johnny Yong Bosch

Oboro: Cristina Vee

Hana: most likely Lauren Landa

Subaki: Robbie Daymond

Tsukuyomi: Yuri Lowenthal (originally wanted Ben as this character, but seeing Ben will most likely be voiced Takumi)

Nishiki: Grant George

Orochi: Jessica Gee

Rinkah: Karen Strassman

Yukimura: Vic Mignogna

Yuugiri: Wendee Lee

Crimson: Kira Buckland

Lazward: Liam O'Brien

Pieri: Sarah Williams

Luna: Julie Ann Taylor

Belka: Michelle Ruff

Odin: Kaiji Tang

Zero: Keith Silverstein

Effie: Stephanie Sheh

Arthur: Jamieson Price

Nyx: Xanthe Huynh

Charlotte: Alexis Tipton

Benolt: Patrick Seitz

Flannel: Grant George

Flora: Cristina Vee

Gunter: D.C. Douglas (rumored)

Fuuga: Kirk Thornton

Kanna: Erik Kimerer (male), Xanthe Huynh (female)

Shigure: Todd Haberkorn

Deere: Doug Erholtz

Sophie: Stacy Okada

Midoriko: Christine Marie Cabanos

Shinonome: Reuben Langdon

Kisaragi: Bryce Papenbrook

Gurei: Gideon Emery

Kinu: Laura Post

Hisame: Steve Staley

Mitama: Cassandra Lee

Matoi: Julie Ann Taylor

Syalla: Stephanie Sheh

Siegbert: Johnny Yong Bosch

Foleo: Lucien Dodge

Ignis: Christopher Corey Smith

Velour: Jessica Gee

Lutz: Bryce Papenbrook

Ophelia: Kate Higgins

Soleil: Karen Strassman

Éponine: Cassandra Lee

Garon: Travis Willingham

Mikoto: Erin Fitzgerald

Clear: Richard Epcar

Interesting choices, especially with Kate Higgins as Ophelia amd Karen Strassman as Soleil, I also had that same idea, but one thing bugs me:

Does Reuben Langdon still voice act for games? I don't remember him in anything but Capcom games.

I also don't think Tsukuyomi is Yuri, I heard him in the trailer, and even if it was just a grunt, it did not sound like Yuri.

I also don't think Nishiki and Flannel will have the same voice actor.

Edited by Water Mage

I still stand by my original thoughts, and one of those thoughts is that Leon doesn't quite sound like David Vincent.

But that list must have taken a long time to come up with; certainly will be interesting to compare with the end results.

And I don't know why, but I get the feeling that in the english version, Felicia and Flora will have the same voice actress, maybe this will also be the same for Suzukaze and Saizou even though they have very different voices in japanese.

Again it's just a feeling.

Interesting choices, especially with Kate Higgins as Ophelia amd Karen Strassman as Soleil, I also had that same idea, but one thing bugs me:

Does Reuben Langdon still voice act for games? I don't remember him in anything but Capcom games.

I also don't think Tsukuyomi is Yuri, I heard him in the trailer, and even if it was just a grunt, it did not sound like Yuri.

I also don't think Nishiki and Flannel will have the same voice actor.

Reuben Langdon still does video game voice acting, but I'm not sure if he's union or not. However, considering he is the official voice actor of Ken Masters from the Street Figher games, and Street Fighter is a non-union video game, it's very likely Reuben Langdon has done both union and non-union voice work, it's likely he might voice someone in Fates. Also, Shinonome is the kind of character Reuben would voice.

I don't think I've heard a few voice clips from Tsukuyomi, but I do believe I heard a few from Hana, Elise, Sakura, Leon, Takumi, Xander, and Ryouma.

As with Nishiki and Flannel having the same voice actor, it's very likely Nintendo will try to have a select few voice actors to voice a character from Nohr and Hoshido to make the game more unique. They're obviously note going to do dual casting for everyone single character (especially the royal siblings), but it's very likely they'll have a few voice actors voice a character from both routes due to the sheer number of characters in this series.

Reuben Langdon still does video game voice acting, but I'm not sure if he's union or not. However, considering he is the official voice actor of Ken Masters from the Street Figher games, and Street Fighter is a non-union video game, it's very likely Reuben Langdon has done both union and non-union voice work, it's likely he might voice someone in Fates. Also, Shinonome is the kind of character Reuben would voice.

I don't think I've heard a few voice clips from Tsukuyomi, but I do believe I heard a few from Hana, Elise, Sakura, Leon, Takumi, Xander, and Ryouma.

As with Nishiki and Flannel having the same voice actor, it's very likely Nintendo will try to have a select few voice actors to voice a character from Nohr and Hoshido to make the game more unique. They're obviously note going to do dual casting for everyone single character (especially the royal siblings), but it's very likely they'll have a few voice actors voice a character from both routes due to the sheer number of characters in this series.

You can a grunt from Tsukuyomi in the E3 trailer.

And here's some of my guesses:

Nishiki: Johnny Yong Bosh

Silas: Bryce Papenbrook

Sophie: Cristina Vee

Deere: Doug Erholtz or Orion Acaba

Iago: Kaiji Tang

Camilla: Wendee Lee or Tara Platt

Saizou: Jamieson Price

Edited by Water Mage

You can a grunt from Tsukuyomi in the E3 trailer.

And here's some of my guesses:

Nishiki: Johnny Yong Bosh

Silas: Bryce Papenbrook

Sophie: Cristina Vee

Deere: Doug Erholtz or Orion Acaba

Iago: Kaiji Tang

Camilla: Wendee Lee or Tara Platt

Saizou: Jamieson Price

Funny that you mentioned Jamieson Price, I had him as Arthur based on his voice clips as Garen from League of Legends.

I still think male Corrin is Dan Green and I'm going to think that until the cast is officially shown (and I happen to be wrong, if I'm wrong). :P

I don't know about many voice actors though (because I just don't brush up on them, really...), so I can't comment on those big lists, sadly.

I still think male Corrin is Dan Green and I'm going to think that until the cast is officially shown (and I happen to be wrong, if I'm wrong). :P

I don't know about many voice actors though (because I just don't brush up on them, really...), so I can't comment on those big lists, sadly.

Dan Green would be cool, but didn't he retire?

Checked his Youtube Channel, nothing to suggest he's doing Gunther's voice (although now his youtube channel is mostly for posting his earlier auditions and showing off what games/films he's starred in so there's that). And to be honest, I can't really imagine Gunther having Wesker's/Azrael's voice.

still waiting on Saizou to be voice by David Hayter

Edited by Soapbar

I never heard such a thing... But imo, male Corrin sounds EXACTLY like his Yugi voice.

Huh...It must have been another pokemon voice actor that retired then.

But even so, it's still unlikely that Dan Green will voice anyone in this game, as he work at New York.

And if I'm not mistaken, his latest role was at 2011, and since then he hasn't worked at voice acting, most likely due his wife's death.

But I swear, male Corrin in the trailer sounded JUST like Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh. It was the first thing that came to mind when I first saw the trailer. I did hear about Dan Green having lost his wife, but this could be his return. Who knows?

Again, it's unlikely as he works at New York.

We can be sure this game it's not being dubbed at New York, due people like Travis and Kaiji most likely being in the game, and those two work at Texas.

Sure, Dan could be doing a side gig at Texas, but it would put his carrer at a serious risk, and I don't think he can afford that now.

Trust me, dubbing in America, from what I know, it's very complicated thing, especially when it comes to agencies.

Edited by Water Mage