Fates English dub speculations and rumors!

Abysswalker25

If we're throwing around trailer!Corrin speculation, he actually sounded a hell of a lot like Sean Chiplock to me.

Specifically, his Ishimaru and Diabel voices.

Hmm, you might be onto something there...

I'll admit he escaped my mind, even thought he did such a good job with Ishimaru, I really liked it.

Kinda ashamed that I forgot about him.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried checking his site, but for some reason it doesn't load for me.

Could someone check it out?

Llewellyn might be the english name of a character but I can't imagine who.

I'll research the name to see if it exists.

EDIT: The name either means lion or leader and it's a name of welsh origins.

Apparently it's a variarion of Llywellyn and, interestingly another variation of the name is Leolin.

Maybe it's Zero's english name? Since he serves Leo.

Edited by Water Mage

Wait... so that DC Douglas rumor was true?

The link in the OP is part of IMDB, and the listing is "Fire Emblem if" and Gunther instead of Gunter. This seems iffy.

Shame that 2/3 of the thread is off-topic.

If anything, I'll say Benoit, due to unfortunate implications from his name. Benoit and Llewellyn are both from Western Europe (though Benoit's French, while Llewellyn is Welsh), so maybe?

Edited by The DanMan

Wait... so that DC Douglas rumor was true?

The link in the OP is part of IMDB, and the listing is "Fire Emblem if" and Gunther instead of Gunter. This seems iffy.

Shame that 2/3 of the thread is off-topic.

Might be a mistake on Douglas's part.

The dub was done rather early, so maybe it was still "Fire Emblem if" when it was being dubbed.

Might be a mistake on Douglas's part.

The dub was done rather early, so maybe it was still "Fire Emblem if" when it was being dubbed.

True. I'm just typically skeptical of anything VA-related coming from IMDB for unreleased projects.

I never heard such a thing... But imo, male Corrin sounds EXACTLY like his Yugi voice.

I don't know... I'm listening the two side by side, using the trailer and Yugi's voice from the end of DM, and they don't really sound alike. I would like a Dan Green Kamui, but the guy in the trailer sounded, I don't know, huskier? like he actually put some base in his voice. Even at Yugi's most confident, he never deepens his voice.

True. I'm just typically skeptical of anything VA-related coming from IMDB for unreleased projects.

I finally managed to see the site, and it does seems that the link provided is trustworthy enough.

Here is the link: http://www.dcdouglas.com/credits/

Now to figure out who this Llewellyn is.

Maybe I should make a thread about him?

eh, it kinda makes sense why he of all VAs would use IMDB as opposed to other stuff since DC Douglas is also a more active live-action actor than most if not all other VAs.

that said, I'm incredibly happy about DC Douglas doing VO for this game because he's got such an amazing voice.

I don't know... I'm listening the two side by side, using the trailer and Yugi's voice from the end of DM, and they don't really sound alike. I would like a Dan Green Kamui, but the guy in the trailer sounded, I don't know, huskier? like he actually put some base in his voice. Even at Yugi's most confident, he never deepens his voice.

squints SO FUCKING HARD I SWEAR THAT I CAN SEE THROUGH TIME

guys, Dan Green is not being flown in from New York to Los Angeles for one dubbing project when he hasn't been a full-time voice actor in around 3-4 years. stop saying Dan Green is going to be voicing Kamui, it's just not feasible on either end.

How do they not sound alike at all? Someone else here even agreed with me that they sound exactly alike. And for the record, I'm talking about the actual Yugi, not his ancient counterpart, Yami/Atem. Yami/Atem is the one with the deep voice you seem to be referring to.

And like I said, I'm going to believe what I want until I'm proven wrong. :P

Edited by Anacybele

guys, Dan Green is not being flown in from New York to Los Angeles for one dubbing project when he hasn't been a full-time voice actor in around 3-4 years. stop saying Dan Green is going to be voicing Kamui, it's just not feasible on either end.

This is correct.

Furthermore, people's own perceptions are bound to be wrong. Even I was fooled into thinking Troy Baker had been cast as Chrom when Awakening came stateside, but such a misunderstanding was plausible at the time considering it was around then that Troy Baker made his transition to union-only voice work, leaving pretty much all of his niche roles behind, with most of them to be filled by sound-alike Matthew Mercer. And what do you have it, he was the voice of Chrom all along.

Kamui doesn't even sound that much like Dan Green anyway.

Leon also sounds nothing like David Vincent. ... just throwing that one out there.

okay so let me count the reasons why y'all are not getting Dan Green in this game ever period just so certain people will stop talking about it:

1. He works out of New York primarily, not Los Angeles. The dubbing is being done in Los Angeles just as it was for Awakening.
  2. It is horribly cost ineffective for a non-LA based VA to go to LA to do dub work. This is true for most regions in general, but at least with LA-Texas there's other factors that make some VAs go over on occasion.
  3. Dan Green's been more or less retired from actually doing voicework for a few years now since his wife passed away.
  4. He runs an academy of sorts for aspiring VAs... in New York. I think. He's doing... something in New York, I know this much.

ergo, there is no reason for Dan Green to be coming to L.A. to do dub work for a game.

also, no, Leon is not voiced by David Vincent. the voice is too damn deep, even if he were to use the same inflection that he did for Jin or Senketsu.

it's... someone else, but I'm not sure who yet.

How do they not sound alike at all? Someone else here even agreed with me that they sound exactly alike. And for the record, I'm talking about the actual Yugi, not his ancient counterpart, Yami/Atem. Yami/Atem is the one with the deep voice you seem to be referring to.

And like I said, I'm going to believe what I want until I'm proven wrong. :P

I'm saying that regular Yugi NEVER deepens his voice, which is why they don't sound alike. The Kamui in the trailer is the one I'm talking about with the deep voice. Yugi's is always the innocent high pitch voice. I don't know how you think they sound alike, it's not even the same tone. When was the last time you've heard Yugi's voice?

LittleKuriboh honestly has a bigger chance of voicing Kamui than Dan Green

eh, it kinda makes sense why he of all VAs would use IMDB as opposed to other stuff since DC Douglas is also a more active live-action actor than most if not all other VAs.

that said, I'm incredibly happy about DC Douglas doing VO for this game because he's got such an amazing voice.

squints SO FUCKING HARD I SWEAR THAT I CAN SEE THROUGH TIME

Why are you saying this in response to me? I'm the one agreeing with you O_o

okay so let me count the reasons why y'all are not getting Dan Green in this game ever period just so certain people will stop talking about it:

1. He works out of New York primarily, not Los Angeles. The dubbing is being done in Los Angeles just as it was for Awakening.
  2. It is horribly cost ineffective for a non-LA based VA to go to LA to do dub work. This is true for most regions in general, but at least with LA-Texas there's other factors that make some VAs go over on occasion.
  3. Dan Green's been more or less retired from actually doing voicework for a few years now since his wife passed away.
  4. He runs an academy of sorts for aspiring VAs... in New York. I think. He's doing... something in New York, I know this much.

ergo, there is no reason for Dan Green to be coming to L.A. to do dub work for a game.

also, no, Leon is not voiced by David Vincent. the voice is too damn deep, even if he were to use the same inflection that he did for Jin or Senketsu.

it's... someone else, but I'm not sure who yet.

Finally, someone agrees with me! The voice is too deep and just lacks that sort of "edge" that David Vincent has in the deeper voiced roles he's done.

And yep; rock-solid reasoning for why it's not Dan Green.

In regards to the voice acting, as an anime fan myself, I can tell you this, the English dub for Awakening uses Cup of Tea Productions, and it's the same studio that does a lot of jRPG of Japanese video game voice acting such as Blazblue, the Tekken series, Rune Factory 4, and the Tales series. So it's very likely that Cup of Tea Productions will be involved in the Engilsh dub for this game.

That being said, like most jRPGs that isn't either Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts, the voice acting is going to be non-union (and IIRC, the voice acting for Awakening was non-union since they didn't list Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham in the credits despite the former confirming her role in that game). So don't expect high profile union voice actors like Steve Blum, Kari Wahlgren, Crispin Freeman, Troy Baker, Nolan North, or Tara Strong in the English dub for this game. Instead, expecting voice actors who normally work in anime such as Johnny Yong Bosch, Kaiji Tang, Julie Ann Taylor, Cristina Vee, Christine Marie Cabanos, Grant George, Todd Haberkorn, etc. to have roles in this game.

That being said, Cup of Tea Productions, when compared to Bang Zoom, rarely uses newer voice actors and instead uses well-established voice actors in the video game and anime industry for their voice acting, but they are willing to throw a few newer names in the mix (in fact, Orion Acaba's roles as Kellam and Gerome is how he managed to get a lot of fame and recognition within the video game AND the anime fanbase).

As for Xander's English voice, it's really hard to tell since it's just a trailer (and during the E3 demo, they were still using the Japanese voice acting, indicating that the voice acting has yet been finalized). That being said, I can tell you that Matthew Mercer (the voice actor for Chrom) has confirmed in Twitter through favorites that he's voicing someone in Fates, but didn't specify the character. However, judging by the trailer, I would say Matthew Mercer is either voicing Ryouma or Xander since Matthew is quite known to voice big brother or fatherly type characters in anime and video games alike. However, it's very possible a sound-alike is involved. A good example is there were several English dub voice acting clips of Chrom where people mistook Troy Baker voicing him before it was confirmed that it was really Matthew Mercer that voiced Chrom (and yes, both Matthew Mercer and Troy Baker are known to have similar vocal ranges to the point that Matt actually took over three of Troy's old video game and anime roles when Troy went big into the video game motion capture industry).

I'd love if Johnny Yong bosch, Karen Strassman,Amanda Miller, David Lodge, Stephanie Sheh and Cristina Vee were cast. I just hope stephanie doesn't get Syalla because i'd much rather prefer her to be voicing a different character kind of character, in particular, Elfie.

Edited by JasonMendez

Well I mean, even then, she could voice two characters. Kyle Hebert was both Validar and Frederick. I mean, granted, Validar wasn't playable...

Oh, and lets not forget Luna and Cordelia were voiced by the same person.

I'd love if Johnny Yong bosch, Karen Strassman,Amanda Miller, David Lodge, Stephanie Sheh and Cristina Vee were cast. I just hope stephanie doesn't get Syalla because i'd much rather prefer her to be voicing a different character kind of character, in particular, Elfie.

She'll most likely voice her, but some of the VAs voice multiple characters (Gregor/Laurent, Anna/Olivia, Miriel/Flavia, etc), actually, she voiced Tharja AND Kjelle, so it's possible she'll get a second character in Fates as well, but Shara is definitely one of them

• 2 months later...

Well, you'd be surprised at how different the same VA can sound at times. Like Dan Green for instance. I didn't know for years that he was both Yugi AND Yami/Atem. Their voices are SO different. But imo, Ryoma sounded sorta like Garon and Lon'qu, just with some hoarseness.

I highly doubt Dan Green for Kamui, but it would be nice to crack some YGOTAS jokes during my playthrough